What ship is cruise director Julie Valeriote currently working?

tgcassidy

I never have a clue as to why anyone cares who the cruise director is. Generally, they are at worst overweening and obnoxious and at best, insignificant to my daily enjoyment of the cruise.

Take it for what its worth, but when you say "I never have a clue..." maybe that is an indicator that you need to find out what all the talk is about. You know...don't knock it till you've tried it!

Next time you are on a cruise, take some time and find out who they are, introduce yourself, get to know them, get to know what they can (and will) do for you. Remember, it is their JOB to ensure that you have a fantastic time....and they can't help you if they don't know you.

Maybe this level of social interaction isn't for you, however, you won't know until you try.

Alright, it looks like I'm thinking of somebody else.

THIS is NOT the CD I remember on the Star in Nov 2011. Pfft, with my memory her name probably wasn't even Julie. I just remember her being Canadian.

Blonde hair. Not slim, not a hard-body, but not chubby either. Just kind of normal, I guess you could say. Her sidekick was Beantown Brian.

Anybody know who I'm talking about?

That was Jamie. She was ok, not our favorite. We had her in November 2011 on the Star also. I see you're sailing the Epic on Nov 24th. Have fun, we were so close to taking that one, but we're doing the Pearl again :)

That was Jamie. She was ok, not our favorite. We had her in November 2011 on the Star also. I see you're sailing the Epic on Nov 24th. Have fun, we were so close to taking that one, but we're doing the Pearl again :)

Yup. Just came back to post that. All I could find was her first name, and it's spelled Jaime.

It was funny the number of 60+ men groupies Jaime had on that cruise. I'm personally not a big follower of the CD. I don't need anybody to tell me how to have fun.

I'd like to know whatever happened to Beantown Brian, though. He deserves more than just being an Assistant CD. I'm just interested to know if he ever made it or not.

Can you tell me if Julie is on there on the 4th? And ask her if "oh what a night" is performing. My DMIL is dying to know lol:rolleyes:

Sam,

Julie should be on the Pearl for your cruise. She has only been back from her vacation two weeks. Have you looked at the Oh What A Night Tribute dot com? It should give you their schedule. It may not say which members of the group are where, however. I have not looked at it in awhile.

Mandy

I never have a clue as to why anyone cares who the cruise director is. Generally, they are at worst overweening and obnoxious and at best, insignificant to my daily enjoyment of the cruise.

I'm with SeaShark! It's fun to see familiar faces when you see them on another cruise, and often fun for them, too! They almost always remember you, sometimes before you recognize them. One time when that happened to me, I wondered what the heck I did that they recognized me, and knew where and when it was.

CD's in particular are nice to know who they are, as they can play an important role on your cruise. If you are and about and attend the theater, visit the lounge shows, attend the game shows, etc., you see them quite often. If they are the annoying kind, you might want to make plans to alter you attendance at those events.

We like to follow the whereabouts of some favorite staffers, and their anticipated presence on board has swayed our bookings on a couple of occasions. As SeaShark mentions, getting to know them can lead to a favor or two, as on one cruise my wife had a bout with seasickness, and a Maitre' D we had befriended could not have been nicer in taking care of her at our last night dinner at Cagney's. While I ate off the menu, she had a customized meal she prescribed which included a variety of "sea sickness friendly" food items that was much appreciated, and successfully digested. We will forever appreciate what she did, but for her it was in the line of duty, and one of the reasons we keep going back to Norwegian.

Pretty much my thought when I see these threads chasing particular staff members around the world in hopes that they'll see them again. I certainly notice when there's a bad one, but I wouldn't notice or care if you swapped a good one for another good one mid-cruise.

I don't know that I would ever pick a cruise based on the CD, but I have to say for us she did add a family feeling touch. While I realize it is her job, she did it with what felt like sincere warmth.

Julie addressed our DDs by name every time we saw her - we have identical twins, so it always tickled them that she took the time to tell them apart. And, when we would pass her at dinner she would tell our DDs that she would wave to them from the stage that night. Granted, DH and I realize when she says "good evening to my special friends out there" she is probably waving to more than just them - but they don't know it, and again - it adds something special for them.

Also, when we came back to the ship after a day with dolphins our DDs were wet, Julie was in her uniform - she still kneeled down to their level, opened her arms to them - and hugged them while they talked on and on about getting to touch a real dolphin.

So everyone has their opinion on the importance of a CD, or certain crew members based on what they want from a vacation. DH and I right now are after memories for our DDs. Julie went above in that respect, and we walked away very happy for her time.

Weird - when I go back to my post I can still see the pic. Not sure why you can't?

But here it is again.

Deb63,

Question for you, I can not blow your picture of all the staff members up far enough to recognize more than a couple of faces. Who was the food and Beverage Director and the Restaurant Manager for your cruise? I recognize Julie, Klaus and Prem.

I have had 11 cruises on The Pearl.

Thanks

Mandy

To be honest, it was long enough ago I couldn't remember. However, the man who set up the meet & greet for our cruise posted the names on that thread - so I am copy/pasting it here.

Julie Valeriote, Cruise Director

Freddie ???, Ship's Training Officer

Nedjelko Leventic, Restaurant Manager

Jorge Martinho, Food and Beverage Director

Rohit Dimri, Executive Chef

Barani Srinivasa Rao, Bar Manager

Klaus Lugmaier, Hotel Director

Piotr Porosinski (???), Chief Officer

Joao Paulo Miranda, Guest Services Manager

Rashida Ramos, Group Services Coordinator

Cesar Hapa, Executive Housekeeper

Also, let me see if I can make the pic bigger.

IMG_41712.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've spent 40 years in customer service and I notice the small things. The cruise directors attitude sets the example for all the cruise staff, thus affecting interactions with the passengers. Julie is an outgoing, positive individual and that is reflected in her staff. I had the most fun on my Pearl Canal cruise than any other that I've been on because of the cruise staff.

I just finished a cruise where the CD seemed arrogant and righteous, and I felt that attitude was passed onto his cruise staff. Late for activities, last minute cancellations, and unapproachable attitudes were displayed by many on the team.

THIS is NOT the CD I remember on the Star in Nov 2011. Pfft, with my memory her name probably wasn't even Julie. I just remember her being Canadian.

Blonde hair. Not slim, not a hard-body, but not chubby either. Just kind of normal, I guess you could say. Her sidekick was Beantown Brian.

Hi

I think you are referring to Jamie D'Souza. She was on the Sun for the Transatlantic sailing back in October. Her assistant was Beantown Brian. She mentioned she will going to the Jewel after she is done on the Sun

Edited by gerry1.10

We are Julie fans here too. We cruised with her twice in 2011 - both times on the Pearl. She was very friendly.

When we would pass her on the pier, hallway, dining place - it didn't matter. She always stopped to talk & hug our DDs.

Pic from the NCL meet & greet we had last Thanksgiving.

IMG_0473.jpg

That is the Julie I remember, no idea where she is now, we met her on the Pearl a month ago though.

Julie is still on the Pearl and was amazing! She is truely a asset to the NCL staff, in our opinion. Vibrant, always smiling and electric personality. (and BTW, it does make a difference making a *connection* with those in charge, you may just get a lovely surprise in your room while you're on your cruise!):D

I think the Julie you are talking about was the ship Lattitudes rep, she was from near Toronto and blonde.

• 6 months later...

Hello Everyone....!!!

For those curious about Julie...she is on the Norwegian Breakaway for a bit longer....then she goes on leave for 3-4 months...after that she will be the CD on the Norwegian Getaway...(for February 1st, 2014)....we had her on the NCL Breakaway for the Inaugural cruise to Bermuda and she was OUTSTANDING...!!! We are soo Looking forward to seeing her again very soon!!

Hope this helps to answer some of your questions...

-Jennie-

Does anyone know which ship Julie is currently cruise director?

Yes, you are referring to Julie D'Souza. She was the CD on the Sun last October when we did the Baltics and cross Atlantic before she went on the Jewel. And yes she is also Canadian, hence the confusion. Beantown Brian seems to be her sidekick and they work together very often.

Yes, you are referring to Julie D'Souza. She was the CD on the Sun last October when we did the Baltics and cross Atlantic before she went on the Jewel. And yes she is also Canadian, hence the confusion. Beantown Brian seems to be her sidekick and they work together very often.

oops. It is Jamie D'Souza not Julie

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

You are thinking of Jamie and I much prefer her to Julie.