Does carnival have a higher end ship kinda like princess???

only1deejay

So I have sailed on princess and am thinking about trying carnival since they are sister corporations....does carnival have a higher end type of ship that can match the quality of princess and I prefer a balcony cabin. thanks:)

So I have sailed on princess and am thinking about trying carnival since they are sister corporations....does carnival have a higher end type of ship that can match the quality of princess and I prefer a balcony cabin. thanks:)

We are sailing on the new Sunshine when she gets her refurib, but if that isnt your thing, I would suggest Holland America (Eurodam or Nieuw Amsterdam only to compare to what you are used to, and with a younger crowd)

unlimited wine & champagne can br brought on

great alternative restaurants

almost all cabins OV and up have bathtubs

some cabins have giant balconies, (18ft or so) in VD catagory, and some a bit smaller in others,

cabanas for rent on ship (2 types)

very classy, and the suite amenties are to die for

In a word, no. OTOH, Carnival does have a lot to offer, including great value, and not rolling up the sidewalks early.

You should try different cruise lines, but don't expect one to be like another.

Think of Carnival Corp as General Motors. GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Buick, Cadillac. The different lines cater to a different clientele and experience. If the Impala (in the '60s) was the top of the Chevy line probably the Magic or Breeze are the top of the Carnival line.

As the Impala couldn't compare to the top of the line Cadillac do not expect a Princess experience on a Carnival ship.

Think of Carnival Corp as General Motors. GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Buick, Cadillac. The different lines cater to a different clientele and experience. If the Impala (in the '60s) was the top of the Chevy line probably the Magic or Breeze are the top of the Carnival line.

As the Impala couldn't compare to the top of the line Cadillac do not expect a Princess experience on a Carnival ship.

If speaking of luxury, then true. OTOH, don't expect Cadillac to compete with Chevrolet on economy, price, or to beat them on a race course. Or to be as much fun.

We are sailing on the new Sunshine when she gets her refurib, but if that isnt your thing, I would suggest Holland America

I cant imagine taking a old ship and refubishing her so that she is better than say Magic or a newer ship. She is a tired old ship with a bad reputation, so bad they had to change her name to attract passengers. How is that going to be as good as Princess?? I dont get it.

I would pick Magic or Breeze in a heart beat over a tired old ship that had mechanical problems and poor lay out in the buffet they are going to fix up. Just me.. but thats why they have lots of ships so everyone can pick what suits them.

If speaking of luxury, then true. OTOH, don't expect Cadillac to compete with Chevrolet on economy, price, or to beat them on a race course. Or to be as much fun.

I don't know... at 556 HP, the Cadillac CTS-V is no slouch (leaving most Chevy's in the dust)! ;)

I've always wanted a Vette --- but this Caddy is no sled, and is no doubt more comfortable!!!

Tom

We are Elite with Princess (23 cruises and the new Royal TA booked) and have cruised with Carnival 13 times with two scheduled, October and December. We are Platinum.

We first cruised Carnival due to a great price out of a convenient port. we had a wonderful time.

Carnival rooms are a little larger than Princess. Balcony size is about the same, unless you compare it with the Caribe deck on Princess (which is larger). Food is comparable. Entertainment was a nice change for us as we have grown tired of Princess entertainment. Excursions booked through Princess and Carnival are on the same scale. You will see a difference in age group, with Carnival being younger and more families. However, on a holiday cruise on Princess you will encounter the same demographics.

Princess has better perks for the long-time cruisers.

The newer ships on Carnival are very nice. Not as sedate as Princess.

My suggestion would be to cruise Carnival and don't spend time making comparisons during the cruise. Just have a great time.

Shirley

I think you would be gravely disappointed. I am not putting Carnival down, I enjoy Carnival for what it is. We like all cruise lines for what they are. We enjoy Celebrity and HAL for rest, relaxation, being waited on hand and foot, less children, better food and entertainment.

We enjoy Carnival for fun, affordability, convenience, a more relaxed atmosphere (as far as attire)....and no one cares what the other one thinks..lol. Yes, you will see people with tee shirts and flip flops in the dining room.

We have 4 cruises booked right now. Three are on Carnival and one is on HAL. Why? Because for the cost of 3 balconies=1 balcony on HAL. We can travel a lot more.

You will never know unless you give it a try. :o

In a word, no. OTOH, Carnival does have a lot to offer, including great value, and not rolling up the sidewalks early.

You should try different cruise lines, but don't expect one to be like another.

sarge, wth?! I agree with you! :p

We are sailing on the new Sunshine when she gets her refurib,

the new sunshine? they're taking an old ship from the 90's, already overcrowed in all areas, and already quite unpopular among many, and adding cabins, and slicing public rooms, hoping everyone huddles in the newly added serenity aft.

op, no, carnival cruise lines does not have any upscale ships or experiences. regardless what you pay, you only get the same as everyone else.

the new sunshine? they're taking an old ship from the 90's, already overcrowed in all areas, and already quite unpopular among many, and adding cabins, and slicing public rooms, hoping everyone huddles in the newly added serenity aft.

op, no, carnival cruise lines does not have any upscale ships or experiences. regardless what you pay, you only get the same as everyone else.

Are they adding cabins as well?

Tom

Then why do you cruise Carnival?

Of course you would never be one of those persons who dose not cruise Carnival at all but still fells the need to post the the Carnival board.

IMHO there are quite a few out here like that.

Instead of calling her Carnival Sunshine they should call it Carnival Sardinecan LOL

It will be. I'm looking forward to sailing on the new Carnival Sunshine.

I'm not so narrow minded as to judge a ship that hasn't been built, yet.

We shall see what they say when they get off.

When we get to go to Europe dont think the Sunshine will be my first choice. However perhaps the reviews will be better than I would expect.

Not that I follow it, but doubt you see many Caddys on the Nascar circuit. :p

?!?!?!?

I'm with Tom-n-Cheryl on this one - the CTS-V will absolutely blow away the Impala SS (what NASCAR mimics with Chevy's), lol! ;)

I have to disagree. One of the worst cruises I have been on (service, cabin, food and entertainment) was on the Sun Princess. I have sailed Carnival at least 15 times and all have been better.

However, I would agree that in general princess is more upscale. However, the Princess cruises I have been on have all been less upscale than Holland America (or Celebrity, but that is RCL.)

Archived