NCL sold my email address

mraven

... or they were hacked and the hacker sold it.

I have had a personal domain name for years. Every time I register with new company, I give them a personalized email address. I have my domain set up so any email gets forwarded to me. So, for NCL, I used ncl at mydomainname dot com as my email address. I've started getting twice daily emails to that email address from The Children's Place and a couple of other websites. I've opted out from these places and sent NCL a request for an explanation.

... or they were hacked and the hacker sold it.

I have had a personal domain name for years. Every time I register with new company, I give them a personalized email address. I have my domain set up so any email gets forwarded to me. So, for NCL, I used ncl at mydomainname dot com as my email address. I've started getting twice daily emails to that email address from The Children's Place and a couple of other websites. I've opted out from these places and sent NCL a request for an explanation.

When I saw the title, I figured this was somebody jumping to conclusions. But, since you set up a separate email used ONLY for NCL, that is another story. I had been doing something like that at one time, but stopped tracking it. I assume you have looked closely and seen that the email comes to ONLY you and not a long list of "guessed" emails.

I would be going after NCL to find out what they are doing.

By the way, I have 2 emails with NCL, and neither of them are getting anything from "Childrens Place".

Just found this - not sure if it has ANYTHING to do with your situation.

Thanks. That's interesting, but I think it's unrelated.

And yes, the mailings are not part of a guess list. The emails started soon after I booked a cruise through the NCL site. Not my first NCL cruise, but the first one booked through their site.

Viruses and worms are constantly passed through emails. Most are not harmful to your computer and you never know about it. They also spy on you and know what you are looking for on the internet. It would be common for any email address to be discovered.

When I was looking for a new Nissan Murano online. All the ads on all the sites I was looking at were about Nissan Muranos. Same idea here. This spyware is pretty amazing stuff. They will find all your email addresses that you buy stuff with. No harm done, just change emails.

A while back there was a contest through Childrens Place that offered a free cruise on NCL. This was not an NCL sponsed paid vacation but you could go through their website to register to win. Did you happen to do that? I did and got an email from Childrens place and then opted out. ( I have no small children)

Other than that, i have never received any emails from anyone suggesting they were with NCL

Dear mraven,

Thank you for posting your concerns on Cruise Critic.

We apologize for the confusion and the excessive emails you've been receiving. Please send the email address you would like us to look into to socialmedia@ncl.com so can we work with our Marketing team.

Regards,

Norwegian Public Relations

Dear mraven,

Thank you for posting your concerns on Cruise Critic.

We apologize for the confusion and the excessive emails you've been receiving. Please send the email address you would like us to look into to socialmedia@ncl.com so can we work with our Marketing team.

Regards,

Norwegian Public Relations

WAy to go, NCL!!!:)

When I saw the title, I figured this was somebody jumping to conclusions. But, since you set up a separate email used ONLY for NCL, that is another story. I had been doing something like that at one time, but stopped tracking it. I assume you have looked closely and seen that the email comes to ONLY you and not a long list of "guessed" emails.

I would be going after NCL to find out what they are doing.

By the way, I have 2 emails with NCL, and neither of them are getting anything from "Childrens Place".

Just found this - not sure if it has ANYTHING to do with your situation.

I got emails from this place but I signed up for a win a free cruise , it was sponsored by this place and in small print told you so I opt out and the emails stopped Did you try to win a cruise?

Archived