No Mexican Riviera cruises next summer?

Why will Carnival not be cruising the Mexican Riviera next summer? We are just off the Splendor and had hoped to book another cruise for the same time next July. The ship was completely full so it is not because they are not booking this cruise.

Why will Carnival not be cruising the Mexican Riviera next summer? We are just off the Splendor and had hoped to book another cruise for the same time next July. The ship was completely full so it is not because they are not booking this cruise.

The Spirit is leaving and the Miracle (coming over to replace the Splendor) will do the Alaska route during the summer.

The Spirit is doing Alaska this year, and next summer she will be in Australia so they need a different ship to do Alaska.

Next year the Splendor will be moving to New York and the Miracle to Long Beach. But the Miracle will be in Alaska in summer and Mexican Riviera in the winter.

The market for Mexico cruises is dwindling, so Carnival is moving the ship to a market that will have better yields.

You still however can get 3&4 day cruises from Long Beach.

The ship was completely full so it is not because they are not booking this cruise.

All ships sail full, the issue is how low did they have to drop the rate to fill the ship on a regular basis.

Carnival will always follow the money and place its ships where they can make the most revenue.

Right now that's not the Mexican Riviera.

One of the problems is they only go to Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta. If they would return to Mazatlain or La Paz or one of th other small ports along the Sea of Cortez it would help sell cabins. The prices for the 7 day MR are not any cheaper then some 7 day cruises from Florida.

One of the problems is they only go to Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta. If they would return to Mazatlain or La Paz or one of th other small ports along the Sea of Cortez it would help sell cabins. The prices for the 7 day MR are not any cheaper then some 7 day cruises from Florida.

WHAT are you kidding??? the MR cruises are the same price as florida cruises??? PLEASE check again.

I so agree...the current itinerary is just pitiful. As much as we love to sail out of California, they'd have to pay ME to book that trip.

For those of you have cruised on both, please tell me the differences with the Miracle and Splendor? Which did you like better and why? I've cruised Splendor but not Miracle. Was wondering if I should give her a chance.

For those of you have cruised on both, please tell me the differences with the Miracle and Splendor? Which did you like better and why? I've cruised Splendor but not Miracle. Was wondering if I should give her a chance.

The Splendor is a lot nicer than the Miracle, it's a lot newer. The Splendor also has a Cloud 9 spa which I LOVE. Also even though the Splendor has a lot of pink it's SO much better than the hideous Purple Grapes dining room of the Miracle!! Really, it's hideous. But.....that's just my opinion and I am sure there are others that prefer the Miracle. I don't think it's any competition, that's why I am taking one last ride before Splendor leaves since its not likely I will be going to NYC anytime soon.

OK - I've been on the Splendor and will be on her again this December. I've booked each time with the Cloud 9 decks, as well. The pink doesn't bother me but I'm still not crazy about large ships.

Anyone want to tell me what they love about the Miracle? I really want to know if it is worth booking another cruise with Carnival here on the West Coast.

One thing I will give to the Miracle- I like the layout of the decks better. So much easier to navigate. It also has a chapel which I found really interesting. Also, the Frankensteins dance club is really fun with the giant Frankenstein and the "Gatsbys Garden" is a really neat feature.

The Spirit is leaving and the Miracle (coming over to replace the Splendor) will do the Alaska route during the summer.

I think it could be better said that the Miracle is replacing the Spirit and her intinerary and the Splendor and her summer sailing to Mexico are sailing into the sunset

Some cruise lines have totally pulled out of the Mexican Riviera market because of the crime and drug violence.

Perhpas you didn't read of the Carnival tour in Puerto Vallarta that was stopped by armed gunmen. The passengers were robbed at gunpoint.

If you follow the news, you knw that Mexico has a terrible problem with drug related violence. Thousnads are killed each year and the violence is spreading to some of the typical tourist areas.

Many cruisers don't want to take this risk and the cruise lines certainly don't want their passengers robbed at gunpoint.

It's a sad, sad situation for the good and law abiding people of Mexico!

OK - I've been on the Splendor and will be on her again this December. I've booked each time with the Cloud 9 decks, as well. The pink doesn't bother me but I'm still not crazy about large ships.

Anyone want to tell me what they love about the Miracle? I really want to know if it is worth booking another cruise with Carnival here on the West Coast.

There are less people for one thing and as a previous poster mentioned, the Miracle and all the spirit class ships seem (at least to me) to have a better overall deck plan. I believe the Miracle will be very popular on the west coast - as the Pride and Spirit were.

It might be full, BUT at discounted rates. That's the problem that Mariner of the Seas had.

Some cruise lines have totally pulled out of the Mexican Riviera market because of the crime and drug violence.

Perhpas you didn't read of the Carnival tour in Puerto Vallarta that was stopped by armed gunmen. The passengers were robbed at gunpoint.

If you follow the news, you knw that Mexico has a terrible problem with drug related violence. Thousnads are killed each year and the violence is spreading to some of the typical tourist areas.

Many cruisers don't want to take this risk and the cruise lines certainly don't want their passengers robbed at gunpoint.

It's a sad, sad situation for the good and law abiding people of Mexico!

FYI, the port that the Splendor leaves from has a higher crime rate than Cabo and PV combined! L.A. and Long Beach areas... Again, the media plays a huge factor in 'sensationalizing' the facts. I'd rather walk the streets of PV or Cabo than those in L.A. or L.B. at night anytime!

I used to love the MR cruises but as much as I still like going to Cabo, PV and Acapulco are my least favorite ports of call. La Paz is really nice, Zihuantenejo remains my favorite and Mazatlan I felt was much better than PV and Acapulco. It really is too bad because Mexico has many beautiful areas to explore. The lack of tourism revenue really hurts the inocent people in and around the cruise ports. That said, I have travelled many times to Mexico and have never feel unsafe. Hopefully the Mexican government can one day get a better advantage over the drug cartels.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

WHAT are you kidding??? the MR cruises are the same price as florida cruises??? PLEASE check again.

Well I can not price summer 2013 prices as no Carnival ship will sail the 7 day next year. But this year you could book the dream 4A 7 day western (4 ports) for $699 pp. The splendor for the same week was $759 pp...and only two ports.

FYI, the port that the Splendor leaves from has a higher crime rate than Cabo and PV combined! L.A. and Long Beach areas... Again, the media plays a huge factor in 'sensationalizing' the facts. I'd rather walk the streets of PV or Cabo than those in L.A. or L.B. at night anytime!

Big difference... people don't take cruises that drop you off in L.A. or L.B. at night!:rolleyes:

The simple fact is that a Carnival tour was attacked by armed robbers.

Big difference... people don't take cruises that drop you off in L.A. or L.B. at night!:rolleyes:

The simple fact is that a Carnival tour was attacked by armed robbers.

Well, I sorta understand where you're coming from, but Cabo stop leaves in the day, MZ used to, with PV being the only exception.

Shootings, muggings, robberies, etc. happen everywhere, even in the Caribbean. Again, I see your point but still fill safer in Mexico. Just IMHO.

I think it could be better said that the Miracle is replacing the Spirit and her intinerary and the Splendor and her summer sailing to Mexico are sailing into the sunset

Ok thanks..but I think the OP probably gets it by now. :rolleyes:

Archived