New Royal Princess Activities video.

TorontoTL

Princess just posted a new video highlighting the new sports court and fitness centre on the new Royal Princess. I have to say that the new gym looks great.

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/rp/amenities_publicrooms/activities/index.html

Designed with a range of activity levels in mind, our sports and fitness options allow you to stick to your regular training program or learn an engaging new activity on board!

Fitness center -- treadmills, recumbent bicycles, ellipticals, strength equipment, free weights

Private aerobics studio -- spinning, yoga, pilates, TRX

Putting green, bocce ball, and croquet area

Outdoor jogging track

Outdoor exercise circuit

Center Court (basketball, volleyball, tennis)

Portable batting cage

Table tennis

Laser shooting range

Indoor golf driving range

I like the new outdoor workout equipment at the running track.

Princess just posted a new video highlighting the new sports court and fitness centre on the new Royal Princess. I have to say that the new gym looks great.

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/rp/amenities_publicrooms/activities/index.html

I like the new outdoor workout equipment at the running track.

I wonder what they mean by "private" aerobics studio. I hope that doesn't mean it will only be accessible for classes? I like to use that area for my personal yoga. That jogging track should be interesting with people running/jogging/walking in different directions and some stopping for the stations. Could be a traffic nightmare.

I wonder what they mean by "private" aerobics studio. I hope that doesn't mean it will only be accessible for classes? I like to use that area for my personal yoga. That jogging track should be interesting with people running/jogging/walking in different directions and some stopping for the stations. Could be a traffic nightmare.

I don't think they mean anything by the word "private" other than it's segregated from the workout equipment area.

I agree Pia, I believe they just mean that it is divided and separated from the rest of the gym by those etched glass walls and door, unlike more of the aerobics areas now on Princess ships.

I love the idea of video's at each bicycle riding machine plus on the treadmills too. I love to bike but without something to look at other then ocean, I have a hard time doing more then 20 minutes. With a screen to look at that would make the time fly by. Also loved the jogging track. That helps a great deal if we do not have the deck 7 track. I don't expect any traffic jams their either. Loving the Royal more and more:)

I think it looks great. More options than are currently available on Princess ships. I don't know that I've seen TRX stations on any Princess ships. I just started working out with my trainer again and we've been doing some TRX work. It's a nice change from the free weight thing. I'm also interested in seeing what those workout stations along the jogging track will be.

Well, it's under 450 days until I get to sail on her. It seems the months just fly by in general so it will be here in no time. At least that is what I'm telling myself.:D:D:D

Also loved the jogging track. That helps a great deal if we do not have the deck 7 track. I don't expect any traffic jams their either. Loving the Royal more and more:)
I wish I could be as optimistic, but with traffic in both directions and stations along the way on a track that will probably take 5-6 laps to make a mile, I just don't think it will be comparable to the Promenade Deck on other Princess ships, especially Sun class, Diamond/Sapphire, Island/Coral and even Grand class with their narrow Promenades. At least it will be better than the jogging tracks on the newer Grand class and even the ones they use to have on the Diamond/Sapphire. I love most everything I have seen so far on the Royal and I will make do no matter where I am. I remember finding time to get my runs in on the hanger decks of aircraft carriers and between the missile tubes on submarines.

Princess partially addressed my fear about traffic in both directions. I was told that one lane will be for walkers and one for runners. That is the way it was on the Norwegian Sun a few years ago. Seemed to work well.

Also shown in the video was a portion of the Promenade Deck with loungers.

I was thinking the same thing about the jogging track. Traffic patterns could be very interesting. Especially since there is no walk around promenade and walkers could go 3 or 4 abreast if they use the jogging track for walking while not adhering to one lane for walking and one lane for jogging.....

Bob

I was thinking the same thing about the jogging track. Traffic patterns could be very interesting. Especially since there is no walk around promenade and walkers could go 3 or 4 abreast if they use the jogging track for walking while not adhering to one lane for walking and one lane for jogging.....

Bob

I remember the jogging track on the Diamond that was replaced by the Sanctuary. 10 laps equaled one mile. Though the direction was clearly marked, walkers would go in both directions, often two and three abreast. I banged my elbow on the corner of a railing trying to avoid some walkers and had to go to medical. It cost 40 dollars for the bandage and 40 dollars for the nurse. Would have been $100 if I had a doctor apply the bandage. I was given a choice.

Princess partially addressed my fear about traffic in both directions. I was told that one lane will be for walkers and one for runners. That is the way it was on the Norwegian Sun a few years ago. Seemed to work well.

Also shown in the video was a portion of the Promenade Deck with loungers.

I didn't notice the loungers on Promenade. I'll have to check it out. This makes me very, very happy! I'll be spending some time in those loungers!

Bob

Oh goodness! Sounds like there could be some collisions!:eek: I'm a walker but starting to jog as well as I have a goal to do a 5 or 10k. A few of my co-workers do triathlons and marathons so they have inspired me to start small. I'm looking forward to using this track and the training stations. Should be a fun way to exercise.

I remember the jogging track on the Diamond that was replaced by the Sanctuary. 10 laps equaled one mile. Though the direction was clearly marked, walkers would go in both directions, often two and three abreast. I banged my elbow on the corner of a railing trying to avoid some walkers and had to go to medical. It cost 40 dollars for the bandage and 40 dollars for the nurse. Would have been $100 if I had a doctor apply the bandage. I was given a choice.

Goodness. $60 more for the doctor to apply a bandage. I'd opt for a nurse as well. Crazy that you hurt yourself in the first place. I think people getting engrossed in what they are doing and forget there are others around them. Happens with driving as well!

• 1 month later...

This thread is from a few months ago, but my subject is mostly the same, so I thought I'd add on to it...

Have any fitness nuts noticed the weight training area on the Royal looks greatly reduced compared to the Grand Class ships? I workout every day and will make do with whatever is available, but I was sorry to see what appears to be reduced interest in weight training.

Yes, I noticed the TRX Training, so maybe they consider that an alternative?

In any case, I look forward to sailing on the Royal next fall.

Archived