Miami Hotel(3/22/13)-

qzyksw

Hello Everyone,

Yes another question about Miami hotels. I have spent hours on this board and found that most of the suggeted hotels are booked for that day.

I usually go to the website of the hotel and request 2 rooms for 4 adults and 2 children. Then I change it to 1 room 2 adults. Still nothing.

I know it is a way out but I kind of wanting to get it booked.

As always the cheaper the better (nothing over $150) please

Take care and happy cruising

Thank you

qzyksw

Hello Everyone,

Yes another question about Miami hotels. I have spent hours on this board and found that most of the suggeted hotels are booked for that day.

I usually go to the website of the hotel and request 2 rooms for 4 adults and 2 children. Then I change it to 1 room 2 adults. Still nothing.

I know it is a way out but I kind of wanting to get it booked.

As always the cheaper the better (nothing over $150) please

Take care and happy cruising

Thank you

qzyksw

Your date is the Friday before Easter Week, peak season and tons of families travel then. Don't try and book a two person room for three or four.

That said, try hotwire. You should stay within your budget.

Easter Friday is actually the following Friday.

I am not sure what hotels you are looking at.

I think the problem has more to do that March is still peak season and the price point you are look at for that time of year.

Just to see I didn't constrain myself with a price point.

I tried the Intercontinental and that is booked but I tried Marriott and both the Marriott and the Marriott Marquis are available as are several other properties. I looked at Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn and Hyatt and they are all available.

As mentioned, go to trip adviser and make an expanded list of hotels that interest you and then go to their web sites and I am sure you will find a hotel because there are plenty available.

Keith

Easter Friday is actually the following Friday.

Keith

Keith, the week before, starting the Friday before Good Friday is peak season for us. A lot of people take their kids out of school that day to get a jump on the crowds.

Thank you Blue Heron and Keith1010. That is great information. My kids are out of school the cruise week. It did not dawn on me about Easter (booked the cruise a couple of months ago) Now it makes sense.

We have been on 4 cruises before and always flown in that day. With the kids and in-laws, I would rather not

I will look over the mariotts, holiday,hampton, and hyatt on trip advisor and see but since you mentioned them, I dont think I really need to. :)

In priceline and such, can I bid on 2 rooms? Would that be the way to go?

As always,thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know what your budget is, but the Sleep Inn & Suites Miami airport has rooms available for that day. http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-miami_springs-florida-FL817 We need 2 rooms as well and booked for April. Got a decent discount using our AAA card. They have a free airport shuttle, free breakfast and a shuttle to the port of Miami, for a small fee.

Inn addition, they seem to have pretty decent reviews on Trip Advisor

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34443-d87073-Reviews-Sleep_Inn_at_Miami_International_Airport-Miami_Springs_Florida.html

Good luck to you.

:)

there's the hampton inn and suites in brickell/downtown miami, 5 min to the port and close to mary brickell village, and bayside (nightlife, shopping, entertainment,) for $139 a night for those dates. that would be a great choice.

http://www.hamptoninnmiamibrickell.com/

if u wanna be close to the airport, there's the holiday inn express airport for $127 that night. about 20 mins to the port

http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/miami-springs/miaat/hoteldetail?numberOfNight=1&destination=Miami%2C+FL%2C+United+States&checkInMonthYear=022013&numberOfAdults=4&checkInDate=22&numberOfChildren=2&checkOutMonthYear=022013&numberOfRooms=2&ratePreference=6CBARC&checkOutDate=23

I believe march 22-24 is Ultra music festival in Miami, that's prob why hotels are expensive and it's gonna be loud!!! lol. i would definitely book early, this year lots of hotels in downtown were sold out due to the event.

there's the hampton inn and suites in brickell/downtown miami, 5 min to the port and close to mary brickell village, and bayside (nightlife, shopping, entertainment,) for $139 a night for those dates. that would be a great choice.

http://www.hamptoninnmiamibrickell.com/

I would choose to stay at the Hampton Inn (and book it in a hurry) instead of any of the airport area hotels. Good luck! :)

I would choose to stay at the Hampton Inn (and book it in a hurry) instead of any of the airport area hotels. Good luck! :)

yea, especially with Ultra music fest that weekend, i would book and try to lock in a rate asap , and then if you find a better price you can apply for price match. Hampton inn has a great location. close to the port. i had a friend coming into town the week of ultra this year and she couldn't find a hotel to stay at cause everything ws sold out or super expensive, she had to crash in our apartment

I signed up for Miami and Fort Lauderdale area GROUPONS. A hotel may be posted but you have to watch out for weekend availability. Sometime, they are blacked out.

The best discounted hotel offerings for this area, has been the SNEEKY SITE. I have seen a few come through already for Miami. Great prices AND INCLUDES WEEKEND RATES. Be patient. I was not,,,,,, booked Priceline for a crap of a hotel.

I hope you know site what I am referring too.....

If not, email me at no1girlee@Yahoo.com

Subject: Sneaky

Archived