Warning to Chair Hogs

rockabutzer

I am so GLAD that I prefer a quiet spot away from pools and deck games!! Never had a problem finding the perfect spot to watch the ocean. I never understood the fascination people have with the pools on a ship. I can recreate that environment at home. I would be hard pressed to find a lounger with a view of the blue ocean at home.

Couldn't agree more. I spend the summer in the pool and there are a lot of spots you can go to for the ocean view & sun. Its nice to take a quick dip to cool off, but I don't spend a lot of time in the small pools on the ship.

I am so GLAD that I prefer a quiet spot away from pools and deck games!! Never had a problem finding the perfect spot to watch the ocean. I never understood the fascination people have with the pools on a ship. I can recreate that environment at home. I would be hard pressed to find a lounger with a view of the blue ocean at home.

Our hearts beat as one. :D

Certainly didn't expect this to turn into a flame throwing thread, but it did. I'm amazed at the amount of passion and energy some people put into their replies.

I think the reason people get so worked up is that certain people are completely assinine when it comes to being on a cruise and have zero courtesy toward others.

• These are the people who hog chairs all day.
  • These are the people who just HAS to get on the elevator with his wife and 4 kids when the elevator is already pretty full.
  • These are the people who will stay up late and make all kinds of noise on their balcony at 3am.
  • These are the people who sit in the smoking area while the non smoking has plenty of room open, and then complain there is smoke

Basically, these are often the same people that make other cruisers vacations less enjoyable because "THEY" are on vacation and will do whatever THEY want without thought or consideration of anyone else.

I'm just wondering one thing. The article said that after 40 minutes they'd remove whatever was used to save the chairs and leave a note for the person letting them know why, but if someone comes along and wants to use this chair once the note has been left are they supposed to leave the note there while they use it? That part seemed strange to me.

My sentiments exactly!

yeah your a day late on this one....

but my .02 on the matter is.... if i make the effort to get up early and reserve a chair for the day it is my right to do so.

I have never gotten worked up about people like you UNTIL my last cruise. I got up early, went to the gym, had breakfast with my family and THEN looked for a place to sit where I could see my granddaughter in the waterworks area. There were literally rows of chairs with towels and no one in sight for hours while I sat on a bench by the slides. REALLY!!!!! You don't have a right to break rules and infringe on others, sad you weren't taught that.

i am so glad that i prefer a quiet spot away from pools and deck games!! Never had a problem finding the perfect spot to watch the ocean. I never understood the fascination people have with the pools on a ship. I can recreate that environment at home. I would be hard pressed to find a lounger with a view of the blue ocean at home.

'like' ;)

Nah, you won't get me. See what I do is look for chairs that have been obviously hogged, its dead easy to see. Then I remove your stuff, put it on deck which often times is wet, and take your chair anyway. When you return to see your stuff is wet and on the floor and look around, you don't see me smiling at you but I'm there, enjoying every minute of your chair. Thanks for getting up early to reserve my chair. Oh and I don't always put your stuff on the floor. If you hold it with a towel then its an instant souvenir for me and a $25 bill for you. Again, thanks very much for making my vacation all that it can be!

Bwahhhhh :) I am literally crying from laughing so hard at your post!!! LOVE IT!!! I try to avoid a lot of sun but if I am looking for a chair, I try to get one away from all the splashing and yelling. Keeps me chill and I love looking out at the ocean.

But I can totally see why people would get insanely pissed off at all of those ignorant, rude and selfish chogs. Hopefully Carnival will do a good job enforcing this new rule.

I still don't get why anyone would wake up that insanely early to save a seat they might use later. That just sounds so dumb to me...

Compassion for whom? The Chogs or the people trying to find a place to sit in a sea of unclaimed towels? :rolleyes:

The latter. Anyone who thinks it is their right to "reserve" a chair for their anytime use are the ones that are inconsiderate of others. I, for one, could give two hoots about sitting out on the deck, by the pool or otherwise. I'm too busy doing other things or lounging on my balcony, in my suite. ;)

how am i screwing them.... when I get up early to save my chair for the day I am allowing them to sleep in.... so in essence I am the one being screwed. As far as the new policy goes.... I will just come back every so often and remove those stupid stickers on my chair.... lol gotcha

Unfortunately for everyone else -- considerate people who try and abide by the rules and get along with others -- you are the reason that there has to be a policy like this and that crew members have to police the chairs, when they could be doing something else.

You and your entitlement mentality should be embarrassed

Sorry if this is off topic, but is there a place to put our stuff if we're going to be in the pool for more than 45 minutes?

When I swim it's not uncommon for me to be in the water for over an hour at a time, and I don't want my stuff taking up a chair that someone could be sitting in. Should I just leave my cover-up in my cabin, and then go grab it if I decide to sit out for awhile? Or is there a place I can put my things without being in anyone's way?

the pools on ships are small. You cant actually "swim" in them, but rather "dip" and tread water a little.. They have a ledge around the edge that you can put your personal things on. They are more like big plunge pools. Aww.. just noticed Big duck posted a picture so that you can see what I'm talking about.. Nice Pic!

per John Heald's Facebook post, they have already noticed an improvement onboard the Breeze -- he said in 2 days they had only had to remove stuff twice, and that there were actually open chairs on deck this morning! :)

as usual, i find his brilliant words hard to beleive. he may have surveyed the kids area, or it was performed at 2 am.

i will wait for a returning eyewitness to corroberate that "story".

hopefully, there is not a high resolution poster board picture on an easel in from of that webcam, or a closed look video edit from 7am playing over and over.

Man, you put the sin in cynic.

Such things would require a level of technical prowess beyond the abilities of anyone at Carnival. (see previous comment re FCC web page).

yeah your a day late on this one....

but my .02 on the matter is.... if i make the effort to get up early and reserve a chair for the day it is my right to do so.

WOW what a troll we have here...

If its Carnivals rule that says 30 minutes (or 40 minutes) then you have ABSOLUTELY NO right to do so.

you can CHOOSE to break the rules at your own risk but don't kid yourself on what rights you think you have

I'll believe it when I see it. Policy has never been the issue, enforcement of the policy is the problem!

People need to be made aware of the new policy before boarding just like the new policy for no smoking in the rooms as stated in your boarding documents. It seems that if people are smoking in the non smoking area, others will complain and this is a rule that is then enforced. It may not be apples to apples but rules need to be enforced.

Nah, you won't get me. See what I do is look for chairs that have been obviously hogged, its dead easy to see. Then I remove your stuff, put it on deck which often times is wet, and take your chair anyway. When you return to see your stuff is wet and on the floor and look around, you don't see me smiling at you but I'm there, enjoying every minute of your chair.

This is how you enjoy spending your vacation? If so, please do us all a favor and stay home. We need people who are there to enjoy themselves. Not to be there to exact revenge.

Sorry if this is off topic, but is there a place to put our stuff if we're going to be in the pool for more than 45 minutes?

When I swim it's not uncommon for me to be in the water for over an hour at a time, and I don't want my stuff taking up a chair that someone could be sitting in. Should I just leave my cover-up in my cabin, and then go grab it if I decide to sit out for awhile? Or is there a place I can put my things without being in anyone's way?

Tell the person that puts the tags on you would like him to store your stuff at the 40 minute storage place

People need to be made aware of the new policy before boarding just like the new policy for no smoking in the rooms as stated in your boarding documents. It seems that if people are smoking in the non smoking area, others will complain and this is a rule that is then enforced. It may not be apples to apples but rules need to be enforced.

Actually the complaint was about non-smokers sitting in the smoking area and complaining about the smoke. These are people who just like to stir up commotion.

As for people being informed about the "no-seat saving policy" it's posted in every Funtimes, every day, on every ship. What is the company supposed to do, hit people on the side of the head with the information. This isn't a policy change, it's a standing policy being enforced.

People who don't follow the rules, have no more rights than those of us who do.

Yah! On the Dream this past week people were out before 8 am saving chairs with towels that remained empty except for the towel most of the day. I sat at a table and watched for hours as no one came thinking Carnival needs a chair hog policy.

Archived