Warning to Chair Hogs

rockabutzer

yeah your a day late on this one....

but my .02 on the matter is.... if i make the effort to get up early and reserve a chair for the day it is my right to do so.

Just a guess....but I'm willing to wager that you're not using those hours your towel sits on the chair to hit the gym....making an effort to get up early for that would be commendable....making an "effort" to get up early, toss down a towel, and then take yourself to the buffet? Not so much....

People get too worked up over the chair hogs. I'll give a chair a few minutes. If it remains empty, I move your stuff. When you come back you might stare for a second, but no one has had the stones to say anything. Don't let little things ruin your vacation.

Sorry if this is off topic, but is there a place to put our stuff if we're going to be in the pool for more than 45 minutes?

When I swim it's not uncommon for me to be in the water for over an hour at a time, and I don't want my stuff taking up a chair that someone could be sitting in. Should I just leave my cover-up in my cabin, and then go grab it if I decide to sit out for awhile? Or is there a place I can put my things without being in anyone's way?

Normally when we go to the pool we look for dining chairs that are close to a corner. We don't put our stuff on the lounge chairs. There are plenty of empty dining chairs and tables at the back of the ship (at least at the times we've visited the pool). We simply find an empty table close to a corner, place our stuff on the chair and pull it aside out of the way.

When is your next cruise?

:eek:

but my .02 on the matter is.... if i make the effort to get up early and reserve a chair for the day it is my right to do so.

Getting up early gives you the right to reserve a chair for the day? Wrong thinking. You have the right to a chair as long as you don't go away for 40 minutes.

I get up early every day, no effort involved, but I don't go out and try to reserve anything. Gosh this is amazing. Guess you go to the buffet early and reserve a table too? How about a seat in the theater? How about a place in the hot tub?

Didn't know getting up early had such great entitlements.

Excellent idea. I think one should be given 40 minutes for fruit outlines larger than a small melon, simply for the effort involved!

Kevin C

The large melons can leave an impression for quite some time. They deserve the chair.

Do not mistake these for the real things.:D OR the "after market accessories"

AS long as you researve it with your butt....And not some book or sunscreen ...It will all work out when they wheel that big canvas cart out and start cleaning off the chairs...Dennis

While I do not like sitting in the direct sunlight I think it is a great idea for those who are sun worshippers. I only hope that Carnival will enforce their new policy.

Norwegian started doing this too but uses blue dots. At least that is what I read on the NCL Boards here when I was doing researches for cruises on Norwegian.

Yep, NCL is using blue dots and writing down the time on the dot. Then they come by and check the chairs with blue dots for the time that it was placed on the chair. If it has been on the chair 40 minutes or longer, then the articles are removed and taken to an area where the owner can claim them.

I have been reading a bunch of Legend reviews (on the main CC site) and I was amazed by the people outlining their days and starting out by going up before breakfast to save chairs for the day. One person even bragged about having embroidered towels that slipped over the chair. Did that both sea days, according to the review.

Been on 8 Carnival cruises and never once witnessed this.

But I did witness people who get put of bed at noon, wander to the Lido deck, and expect to get a seat by the pool. And even though they are legitamately taken, they try to bully their way into a prime seat if someone decides to get out of their chair for 10 minutes.

I call them chair bullies and it seems like no one is doing anything to prevent this rudeness.

how am i screwing them.... when I get up early to save my chair for the day I am allowing them to sleep in.... so in essence I am the one being screwed. As far as the new policy goes.... I will just come back every so often and remove those stupid stickers on my chair.... lol gotcha

Your an ass!

Been on 8 Carnival cruises and never once witnessed this.

But I did witness people who get put of bed at noon, wander to the Lido deck, and expect to get a seat by the pool. And even though they are legitamately taken, they try to bully their way into a prime seat if someone decides to get out of their chair for 10 minutes.

I call them chair bullies and it seems like no one is doing anything to prevent this rudeness.

Let me take a wild leap and suggest you're likely one of those that does exactly what this rule describes.

But you're not sleeping in......just stay up.

how am i screwing them.... when I get up early to save my chair for the day I am allowing them to sleep in.... so in essence I am the one being screwed. As far as the new policy goes.... I will just come back every so often and remove those stupid stickers on my chair.... lol gotcha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ sign the awesome Gailerina!

People get too worked up over the chair hogs. I'll give a chair a few minutes. If it remains empty, I move your stuff. When you come back you might stare for a second, but no one has had the stones to say anything. Don't let little things ruin your vacation.

Some people swim for more then a few minutes. Heck waiting for a slide can take 20.

just seen this on our last cruise, a woman out on the deck all by herself with 10 chairs and clean towels rolled up on them. We were in Alaska and no one was out to start with and she got up after a while when no one else came to the chairs and picked up all the clean towels and put them in the dirty side (which they are dirty now) what a waste of good clean towels to lay on chairs all day and no one ever show up.

But I did witness people who get put of bed at noon, wander to the Lido deck, and expect to get a seat by the pool.

I see some possible preconceptions in your logic here. Just looking for some clarification:

1) Did you actually see the person get out of bed at noon? How do you know they weren't up at 8am and worked out for 4 hours?

2) How did you read their mind to know what they expected? (I'd love to know this one, I could use it at the Hold 'em table)

The conjecture was just too great to allow to stand without proof to back it up.

GP

P.S.

Give the thing a chance, it can't be any worse than it already is. As others have said, they are trying to enforce the policy for the benefit of the many.

I have been reading a bunch of Legend reviews (on the main CC site) and I was amazed by the people outlining their days and starting out by going up before breakfast to save chairs for the day. One person even bragged about having embroidered towels that slipped over the chair. Did that both sea days' date=' according to the review.[/quote']

I hope they can float!

Certainly didn't expect this to turn into a flame throwing thread, but it did. I'm amazed at the amount of passion and energy some people put into their replies. If only they would turn this into compassion.

Just saying :D

I am so GLAD that I prefer a quiet spot away from pools and deck games!! Never had a problem finding the perfect spot to watch the ocean. I never understood the fascination people have with the pools on a ship. I can recreate that environment at home. I would be hard pressed to find a lounger with a view of the blue ocean at home.

Certainly didn't expect this to turn into a flame throwing thread, but it did. I'm amazed at the amount of passion and energy some people put into their replies. If only they would turn this into compassion.

Just saying :D

Compassion for whom? The Chogs or the people trying to find a place to sit in a sea of unclaimed towels? :rolleyes:

LITE A FIRE AND RUN. (lol)

Nah, you won't get me. See what I do is look for chairs that have been obviously hogged, its dead easy to see. Then I remove your stuff, put it on deck which often times is wet, and take your chair anyway. When you return to see your stuff is wet and on the floor and look around, you don't see me smiling at you but I'm there, enjoying every minute of your chair. Thanks for getting up early to reserve my chair. Oh and I don't always put your stuff on the floor. If you hold it with a towel then its an instant souvenir for me and a $25 bill for you. Again, thanks very much for making my vacation all that it can be!

Archived