Warning to Chair Hogs

rockabutzer

And I look forward to the day when you arrive two hours later and I'm happily sitting in your chair you so desperately saved. After you're done throwing your fit, I'll simply look at you over my book, roll my eyes, chuckle at your selfish immaturity and not. move. one. inch.

I'll be the person next to you giving you the high-five.

Wow this thread is classic!

You said it all OZjones12!!!

Jeez people, you are on a cruise, a vacation, you know, time to...relax....enjoy...laugh.....have a good time!!

Mind-boggling what some worry about!

Now, just a touch of sarcasm......... This is such a major crisis maybe Carnival should ask the UN to step in and provide "assistance" :p

yeah your a day late on this one....

but my .02 on the matter is.... if i make the effort to get up early and reserve a chair for the day it is my right to do so.

And it's my right to remove your stuff if you are not using it.:D

You said it all OZjones12!!!

Jeez people, you are on a cruise, a vacation, you know, time to...relax....enjoy...laugh.....have a good time!!

Mind-boggling what some worry about!

Now, just a touch of sarcasm......... This is such a major crisis maybe Carnival should ask the UN to step in and provide "assistance" :p

And on a lighter note:

And in the immortal words of the late Rodney King, "Can't we just all get along?"

Just Sayin :rolleyes:

If you are taking a dip in the pool, fine, but if you are leaving the area, then no, you give up the right to your chair.

Whether a person gets up at 6am or looks for a chair at 3pm, if a chair has not had a person actually sit on it for the last 10-15 minutes, then they have a right to that chair.

Why is the concept so hard to grasp? Everyone pays to go on the cruise, everyone should have the right to a chair on the lido deck, in the theatre, in the buffet area or any other venue if a chair is unoccupied for more then 10-15 minutes.

There is no difference between any venue, or between the person that gets up at 6am places objects on 2, 3 or 10 chairs then leaves and the one that at noon decides they wish to go have lunch.

There are places to get food that would only take 10 minutes, if you choose to go to another eatery that takes longer that is your choice, but you give up your chair.

I am sorry, but it should not be that hard to grasp common sense and courtesy.

If you are taking a dip in the pool, fine, but if you are leaving the area, then no, you give up the right to your chair.

Whether a person gets up at 6am or looks for a chair at 3pm, if a chair has not had a person actually sit on it for the last 10-15 minutes, then they have a right to that chair.

Why is the concept so hard to grasp? Everyone pays to go on the cruise, everyone should have the right to a chair on the lido deck, in the theatre, in the buffet area or any other venue if a chair is unoccupied for more then 10-15 minutes.

There is no difference between any venue, or between the person that gets up at 6am places objects on 2, 3 or 10 chairs then leaves and the one that at noon decides they wish to go have lunch.

There are places to get food that would only take 10 minutes, if you choose to go to another eatery that takes longer that is your choice, but you give up your chair.

I am sorry, but it should not be that hard to grasp common sense and courtesy.

Well Said...

We have a lido balcony on the Breeze in Jan. I just might run out while I'm waiting for room service to bring our breakfast. Around 6:30 or 7 no one is out sunning at that hour but a lot of chairs being saved . Just grab all the towels and bring back home for our pool then all the chogs will have to pay for them:D

[/i]

Going to the restroom or waiting for a slide can take more than 10 minnutes. I think it would be rude to swipe a seat while someone of in line for a slide or ran off the the restroom. 45 minutes is safe

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Actually it's not! Just off the Miracle where someone moved towels and items belonging to someone else and security was called. The person removing the items was "put on notice" to not touch anyone else's property. This idiot moved the towels and items from someone who had just gone to the bathroom and came back 5 minutes later!:rolleyes:

Actually it's not! Just off the Miracle where someone moved towels and items belonging to someone else and security was called. The person removing the items was "put on notice" to not touch anyone else's property. This idiot moved the towels and items from someone who had just gone to the bathroom and came back 5 minutes later!:rolleyes:

Just one more example of "Chair Bullies" at work. Get put of bed before noon and you won't have a problem finding a chair

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Just one more example of "Chair Bullies" at work. Get put of bed before noon and you won't have a problem finding a chair

Totally agree with you. I have seen chair hogs on ALL cruise lines I've been on. However, by 11:30-12:00 all of the chairs are occupied by bodies unless the people are in the pool. I have never seen chairs sitting empty for long after 12 noon. It also amazes me when people stroll around after noon looking for chairs!

I don't get out of bed after noon. I'm usually up and about by 7 am. But I also don't go directly to the Lido deck when I get up, scope out a chair for the day and leave my personal belongings on it. IMHO that is selfish.

The difference between me and a chair hog is that when I get up, I don't go grab a chair for the rest of the day by throwing some personally belongings on it and then leave to do the other things I want to do off and on during the day for long periods of time. Instead I get up and do the other things I want to do, leaving that chair open for others to use, and when I am ready to lay out, I come look for a chair (not by the pool but in the sun)...most of the time that is around 1 - 3 pm. I have had issues on multiple ships and cruiselines on sea days where at least 50% or more of the chairs had no "bodies" in it at that time but were occupied with inannimate objects. I search for chairs with DD and if we don't find any we move on (disappointed with the chair hogs giving their chair to things instead of people) and do other things. If we find chairs we actually use them for an hour or two and when we are done we pick up our belongings so someone else can use the chair.

Just because you get up early, does not entitle you to reserve a chair for the whole day...the only thing that entitles you to the use of that chair is if your bottom is actually in it all day with the occasional 40 min or less breaks away from it. I get up early, but I do not a hog a chair for the whole day that I will only use for a couple of hours in the afternoon. That is just plain selfish.

Just because you get up early, does not entitle you to reserve a chair for the whole day...the only thing that entitles you to the use of that chair is if your bottom is actually in it all day with the occasional 40 min or less breaks away from it. I get up early, but I do not a hog a chair for the whole day that I will only use for a couple of hours in the afternoon. That is just plain selfish.

And there you have it! Nicely said. Use it or lose it. You have 40 minutes when your butt doesn't need to be squarely planted on that lounger. Use your time wisely.

Totally agree with you. I have seen chair hogs on ALL cruise lines I've been on. However, by 11:30-12:00 all of the chairs are occupied by bodies unless the people are in the pool. I have never seen chairs sitting empty for long after 12 noon. It also amazes me when people stroll around after noon looking for chairs!

The only problem would be those people who save chairs at 7:00 and don't come up to use them until 10:30...Thats who they are targeting and I hope they will have a hugh canvas cart full of their belonging by 10:30...Dennis

Guest LoveMyBoxer
The only problem would be those people who save chairs at 7:00 and don't come up to use them until 10:30...Thats who they are targeting and I hope they will have a hugh canvas cart full of their belonging by 10:30...Dennis

Believe me, I agree with you! We get up early to be close to the pool so that we can keep an eye on our Son. The only times my chair is empty, is when I'm in the pool/bathroom or get something from the Lido to eat. I have never been away from my chair for more than 10-15 minutes. I have seen people reserve multiple chairs early and not return for 3-4 hours. However, when staff or security have been notified, they have done nothing. I also stated that when someone shows up after 12:00 pm looking for a chair, I have rarely seen any empty ones at that time. Even those who "reserve" their spots early are usually on them by noon. I hope this new system works! However, those little stickers JH showed are very easy to duplicate!!!

On another Board talking about Chair Hogs.

Someone posted that the only Items that a chair hog should be allowed to use to Reserve a Chair should be

1. A Solid Gold Rolex (men's please)

2. An iPad 2 (unlocked)

3. $100.00 in Cash

4. Your Sign and Sail Card.

Please leave them visible so that we know which chair you have reserved.

:)

but my .02 on the matter is.... if i make the effort to get up early and reserve a chair for the day it is my right to do so.

It would only be your RIGHT if the cruise line offered reserving of chairs!! Otherwise you have NO right to the chair, unless you are in it!

On a side note, I really think that there should be aptitude test for almost everything in life, including the ability to be on a cruise ship... or be in public for that matter! :rolleyes:

On another Board talking about Chair Hogs.

Someone posted that the only Items that a chair hog should be allowed to use to Reserve a Chair should be

1. A Solid Gold Rolex (men's please)

2. An iPad 2 (unlocked)

3. $100.00 in Cash

4. Your Sign and Sail Card.

Please leave them visible so that we know which chair you have reserved.

:)

Ummm... iPad 3 please!! oops sorry... The New iPad.

Do you like to be addressed by Jack, or the more formal Mr. Ass?

Archived