A lot of posters love to make fun of CCL's Platinum and VIP "perks".

fig414

Yes, they don't seem earth shattering on paper. I'm sure other lines have different perks that some feel are better. I've seen all the posts about "we should get this" or "we should get that". Points well taken. Our experience with VIP is that all the little things add up to make our cruise a lot nicer. No one puts a gun to your head to sail on a particular cruise line. It's all about the little things, at least to us.

We have given Carnival a lot of business over past 5 years and they have said thanks with the perks they offer.

If anyone does not like that all I can say is cruise more and dont complain that I get what I have earned.

Companies don't have to give us anything but it's wonderful that Carnival appreciates their Platinum/Diamond guest. We love the VIP boarding probably the most and tend to cruise with Carnival more since we made Platinum 4 years ago because of the Perks.

Other companies offer perks, maybe better, but when you add the difference in the cost of the cruises, I will stick with Carnival:)

We became Platinum on our last cruise and are taking anouther one in January. The VIP boarding in New Orleans was wonderfull. The free laundry is also a nice perk and, even though they now limit it, it is still worth $20 or more per person. Since Carnival is the only line we are VIP, we would have to find a really good reason to go somwhere else.

The little perks are nice. But you have a few platinum people on here that cry like a baby if Carnival forgets something or they are not first in line.

Big Deal! If I get something great. If I don't.. I feel I have a great deal on a fabulous vacation.

I'm not platinum yet (2 more to go) so I eventually will get there, but one perk I will never use is the free laundry. Washing your clothes with other peoples. No thanks!

I prefer to put $2 in a washing machine on the ship and have control of my clothes. The other reason is that I hate when my clothes go in the dryer. What I will definitely use is dry cleaning though, but don't think that is a perk on Carnival.

Mentality of some people is that they are owed something. You can go to McDonald's every day for 10 years.....only think you are getting is unhealthy :p

A day cruising is better then a day of no cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ sign the awesome Gailerina!

We don't cruise for the perks - we sail on Carnival because it suits us well. The QM2 is on my bucket list, but that's probably after the kids stop cruising with us - too expensive. Having said that, we enjoy the priority boarding and the laundry.

I don't need or require perks either....I just want a great cruise.

That being said, when you don't want or need or expect something and you get it, it's really awesome and makes your cruise THAT much more great.

expectations met is very good...expectations exceeded is priceless.

We have given Carnival a lot of business over past 5 years and they have said thanks with the perks they offer.

If anyone does not like that all I can say is cruise more and dont complain that I get what I have earned.

I totally agree

LIKE as I am also platinum.

I don't need or require perks either....I just want a great cruise.

That being said, when you don't want or need or expect something and you get it, it's really awesome and makes your cruise THAT much more great.

expectations met is very good...expectations exceeded is priceless.

Come on CC, give us a "Like" button. LOL:cool:

We have yet to sail as Diamond on Carnival (we go 9/2) so can't judge the new system. We will miss the fun farewell party. The perks for Diamond plus on RCCL are more substancial for us (free open bar from 5:00p.m. to 8:30 p.m.) among other things, on 15 or so of their newest ships. But their price is higher so there is an offset. We appreciate the perks on both lines.

Archived