NCL now charging for infants

mcohen73

I can't speak for cruzsnooze. But here is where their statement would make sense to me.

If we assume Donna is correct "Maybe so many families are cruising with infants and toddlers that the ships are reaching full occupancy before all rooms are sold"

Let's use rounded easy numbers for an example

Lets also assume that the ships capacity is 2000 passengers and 10% of them are infants. Let's use an average of $500 per passenger not including any port fees or taxes.

A ship with 100% occupancy 2000 passengers x $500 pp = $1,000,000

A ship at 100% occupancy with 10% of those as infants 2000 passengers - 200 infants = $900,000

In order for NCL to make the same amount of money as 100% full passenger occupancy those non-infant passengers would have to pay extra to make up the $10,000 difference.

BTW for those who think I can do basic addition and subtraction, the issue wasn't with math but with my typing :eek: :D

The bottom amount should have been $100,000

Personally I'm glad to hear this. Maybe it will mean there are fewer rowdy children on board the ship.

Now, if we could do something about adults who don't know how to drink responsibly, who have ZERO knowledge of proper manners, public behavior or etiquette, who think that everything that they say has to be said loud enough so that everybody within a mile radius can hear it, and those who think that wearing a sweaty tank top to the MDR (and who look like they are smuggling Chewbacca under their arms) is proper attire!

The ironic thing is that the most annoying people always seem to be the ones giving the evil eye to the parents with small children...:rolleyes:

They can definitely be rowdier and much more annoying than any infant I've come across in my 30+ years of cruising.

Rather than discussing why people don't like kids, and others don't like some adults. How about we agree that there is a new program and we can either accept it or not cruise with little children. It is the new program!! And appears to be similar to what other cruise lines have.

Rather than discussing why people don't like kids, and others don't like some adults. How about we agree that there is a new program and we can either accept it or not cruise with little children. It is the new program!! And appears to be similar to what other cruise lines have.

Agreed!

Children are people and they count toward the ships capacity so why shouldn't they pay. I prefer they pay their fair share so I don't have to supplement them in my fare.

this being said. i dont want to hear people complaining when my kid is crying in the specialty restaurants. he has the right, since he paid the new rate

im surprised to see people happy there charging more for the kids under 2 now. reading comments like im glad, and maybe there will be less kids now. well the way i see it, if my ds is paying the higher rate now, dont be mad when hes in the speciality restaraunt or mdr crying and making some noise. its his right. hes a paying customer just like you.

im surprised to see people happy there charging more for the kids under 2 now. reading comments like im glad, and maybe there will be less kids now. well the way i see it, if my ds is paying the higher rate now, dont be mad when hes in the speciality restaraunt or mdr crying and making some noise. its his right. hes a paying customer just like you.

Unless the other paying customers in the restaurant are also "crying and making some noise" you aren't making the point that you think you are.

I doubt you would see things the same way if other paying customers were "crying and making some noise" in the hallway outside of your room while you were trying to sleep. After all, it would be their right, right? :rolleyes:

this being said. i dont want to hear people complaining when my kid is crying in the specialty restaurants. he has the right, since he paid the new rate

Sorry, but since when does paying give anyone the "right" to be unruly??

I doubt you would support someone exercising their "right" to cry outside of your cabin door in the middle of the night...

Is a thread like this really necessary?

Besides isn't the child only paying port charges and taxes, which soes not really make them a paying passenger by definition?

John

No...that seems to be what has changed. A child - under 2 - will now be charged a regular 2nd/3rd/4th passenger rate.

I see your on Carnival for your next cruise, was your child free there? Believe me, for those that have their vacation disrupted by anyone, child or drunk, no one has the right to do that. Whether they pay or not, your job is to take care of and CONTROL your child.

Same answer as when you posted this on a new thread. Your kids rights end when it negatively impact mine or others cruise. Enjoy Carnival.

Way to win friends :) No, it's your job to make sure he's not crying! After all, you would be appalled if an adult was making a fuss in the dining room and disturbing your child. When my DD was little, if she made a fuss as little ones do, one of us left to chill her out and then returned. Just part of this parenting gig...they do inconvenience us sometimes y'know ;)

Incorrect. Price out your next NCL cruise today to see the difference.

I was just asking! I don't travel with third and fourth person. Lighten up!

Besides hasn't this been discussed ad nauseum? The premise of this threads beginning is quite rude anyway!!

John

Just noticed we were on the same roll call for the Breakaway. Yay.

My kid will give YOUR kid the "you'd better behave!" look in the restaurant. She knows good parents don't tolerate poor behavior from their kids.

You seemed to be one of those who need verifiable proof, from the two threads I have read your posts on this morning.

Meaning what? Little snippy today? I asked a question here with true interest.

Besides read the rest of my post. :confused:

John

I was editting while you were being so quick on the attack.

Buh bye.

John

I'm sorry, who was rude in this interchange? I answered your "true" questions, and you took offense to my answers being of the same brevity as your questions?

And for what's it's worth, note that I agree about the rudeness from the OP to the point that I unsubscribed to the roll call I was sharing with the OP. I have no interest in that brand of entitlement.

I'm sorry, who was rude in this interchange? I answered your "true" questions, and you took offense to my answers being of the same brevity as your questions?

And for what's it's worth, note that I agree about the rudeness from the OP to the point that I unsubscribed to the roll call I was sharing with the OP. I have no interest in that brand of entitlement.

I'm not disagreeing with your take on the thread, however why miss out on the Roll Call over someone with a undeserved sense of entitlement? By leaving the Roll Call, YOU end up missing out...the OP still partakes and enjoys the benefits.

I think your purpose would be better served if you were to just add him/her to your ignore list. That way you can enjoy the roll call without having to deal with the entitled.

As a parent, I always used common sense where and where not to take my infant / toddler. Courtesy goes a long way.

Archived