NCL now charging for infants

mcohen73

this being said. i dont want to hear people complaining when my kid is crying in the specialty restaurants. he has the right, since he paid the new rate

And nobody will as long as you get up and remove your kid until he calms down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I'm not disagreeing with your take on the thread, however why miss out on the Roll Call over someone with a undeserved sense of entitlement? By leaving the Roll Call, YOU end up missing out...the OP still partakes and enjoys the benefits.

I think your purpose would be better served if you were to just add him/her to your ignore list. That way you can enjoy the roll call without having to deal with the entitled.

I appreciate the advice, SeaShark. :) That Breakaway cruise is a long ways away, but the 4 people currently on the roll call thread won't miss me fussing with the OP about something he MIGHT do over a year from now. *laughing*

We cruise to get a break from everyday life including our son. I can honestly say if there is a child interrupting my vacation you can bet ill make sure i go out of my way to make sure the parents have a crappy vacation. I think children under 8 shouldn't be aloud to cruise. Which is why my child stays home. My vacation shouldnt be ruined or disrupted by someones failure to keep there child behaved and quiet.

We cruise to get a break from everyday life including our son. I can honestly say if there is a child interrupting my vacation you can bet ill make sure i go out of my way to make sure the parents have a crappy vacation. I think children under 8 shouldn't be aloud to cruise. Which is why my child stays home. My vacation shouldnt be ruined or disrupted by someones failure to keep there child behaved and quiet.

I´m glad that my daughter as 8 already :D:D

I totally agree! When our kids were little we never took them anywhere they could disrupt others! As they got older we made it very clear if they were disruptive we would leave immediately! The result is well behaved children (they're all teens now) who respect others! I expect the same courtesy from parents of young kids now. if you can't keep them from being loud/crying/disruptive then leave them home!

Wow. You're nice. :rolleyes:

I totally agree! When our kids were little we never took them anywhere they could disrupt others! As they got older we made it very clear if they were disruptive we would leave immediately! The result is well behaved children (they're all teens now) who respect others! I expect the same courtesy from parents of young kids now. if you can't keep them from being loud/crying/disruptive then leave them home!

On the flip side, our daughter went everywhere with us and was always well behaved. Her first cruise wasn't until she was 7 though .... but she certainly ate in some of the best restaurants in the world well before then!

It's all about knowing your child and definitely leaving if they are not behaving. No kid is good 100% of the time .... my pet peeve is parents who bring infants into movie theatres!! Why on earth would you do that?!

This says a lot more about you as a person than any misbehaving child or their parents. smh

Wow.

So you don't think that children shouldn't be ALLOWED on a ship that features such things as a kids club, water slides, arcade, kids buffet, etc. etc.? Or, did you mean that children should be muzzled so they couldn't make noise ALOUD?

Maybe you need to go to an adults only resort rather than a kid friendly cruise ship.

Wow, four pages to discuss a change in pricing.

Hope the little ones now get full latitude credit! That ought to get this thread up to eight pages quickly!

I would certainly hope so! Paying passenger is a paying passenger - regardless of the age...... ;)

I'm sure your son appreciates a break from you too. I know I would.

Im sure he likes a break as well. I was never this bitter about children on our first cruise as I was about them on the second one. Ill post my experience then maybe you will understand before you start bashing me as a parent. We paid for a balcony suite for our honeymoon cruse. We COULD NOT use our balcony at all. On one side we had a family with 3 children who screamed and cried all week long and pounded on the wall and doors all day. on the other side was a chain smoker who's smoke came into our cabin if we even opened the door. We also had a family sit right to us at dinner who's child cried every night at dinner our waiter actually asked them to leave on more then 1 occasion. So with that said I will never take my son on a cruise until he is old enough to behave properly. I gave my honest opinion. I think family vacations need to be taken someone family friendly.

AND to the poster who said about water slides and kid friendly buffet that's why i said over 8 years old.

Im sure he likes a break as well. I was never this bitter about children on our first cruise as I was about them on the second one. Ill post my experience then maybe you will understand before you start bashing me as a parent. We paid for a balcony suite for our honeymoon cruse. We COULD NOT use our balcony at all. On one side we had a family with 3 children who screamed and cried all week long and pounded on the wall and doors all day. on the other side was a chain smoker who's smoke came into our cabin if we even opened the door. We also had a family sit right to us at dinner who's child cried every night at dinner our waiter actually asked them to leave on more then 1 occasion. So with that said I will never take my son on a cruise until he is old enough to behave properly. I gave my honest opinion. I think family vacations need to be taken someone family friendly.

AND to the poster who said about water slides and kid friendly buffet that's why i said over 8 years old.

From those of us without children, thank you. We have absolutely no problem with well behaved kids. It seems like you have made a responsible decision to not take your kids on a cruise until they are old enough to behave well. I wish more parents were this courteous and engaged in the parenting process.

I have cruised with my grandchildren ages 6&8 for the past 3 years. We came into the dining room on Holland America and saw the raised eyebrows. HAL dinners are long, but at the end of the cruise we had people come to our table and tell us how much they enjoyed watching our girls enjoy their cruise and how well behaved they were. They dressed for the formal nights as well. Children have to be shown how to behave from an early age and will never learn any social skills if they are not exposed to any. If they cannot behave, they should be removed from the room so they do not disturb others. Thats what being responsible is all about.

Ill post my experience then maybe you will understand before you start bashing me as a parent.

Sorry, but I think your experience sounds very much like what a lot of people experience on a public vacation, whether that's with bratty children, irresponsible parenting, drunks that can't control their alcohol, to just obnoxious people in general.

I'm pretty sure the reaction to your post, your opinion and your parenting came from the definate tone that was in your post.

Um, here's the thing, an NCL cruise is the definition of a family friendly cruise. They do Nickelodeon shows with DORA THE EXPLORER!!!!! As a parent of a 6 and 3 year old I wouldn't think twice about going on NCL with kids.

As I said earlier, if you have such an aversion to kids I really think you need to rethink your vacation. Try Vegas, try an adult resort in the Caribbean, try a Crystal cruise!!! But, please, don't go on a cruise that is geared for families and then rail against kids ruining your trip.

Personally I'm glad to hear this. Maybe it will mean there are fewer rowdy children on board the ship.

Yes, I do not know why you would get a discount just because you want to bring your baby or toddler. Third and fourth rate is enough of a discount.

I think children under 8 shouldn't be aloud to cruise.

Based on your thoughts, I wonder what NCL is thinking when they've added a full lineup of Nickelodeon sponsored activities, RCI has the Dreamworks Experience and the Royal Babies and Tots nurseries, and Carnival has Funship Freddy. :rolleyes:

Glad I didn't follow your advice. Otherwise I would've missed out on some of the BEST cruises of my life. Our 2 year old son has already taken 3 cruises, and now that we have a second child, we're gearing up for a cruise to Alaska with both of them...:D

Unfortunately, this isn't the fault of the kids-it is the fault of the parents. Kids get overtired and can misbehave and when parents don't correct them or take them out of the restaurant, it is the parent who is wrong.

I have been on too many vacations where the parents think going on vacation means they go on vacation from their kids and they want the cruise line to be the parents for the week. It amazes me to see families together in a ship dining room when the kids are running around the table, fighting, or yelling and the parents act like they don't see or hear the kids.

And God forbid you say anything -the parents stick up for the kids behavior. I find myself complimenting parents when I see well behaved kids in restaurants or out in public.

You need to pin the blame where it belongs- with parents that allow it. But I can understand where you are coming from.

this being said. i dont want to hear people complaining when my kid is crying in the specialty restaurants. he has the right, since he paid the new rate

:confused:

Let me get this straight...if you only paid the 'old rate', then your child crying in (ANY) of the dining rooms would be something that people can complain about, but since you are going to pay more, passengers will just have to listen to it?? :confused:

Really????

So, whether your going to disrupt other passengers is something you judge based on how much money you pay for your cruise???? :confused:

As of today NCL is charging for infants the same as any child.

It was just port charges and taxes.

Why would anybody even think of bringing an infant on a cruise? To ruin it for everybody else?

I'd be very happy if the specialty restaurants charged the $25 or $30 fee for everybody as well.

RCL doesn't even allow children in their specialty dining options.

If parents did a better job of respecting those around them then I wouldn't have an issue. But these days and with raising my own children, I feel like I am the only parent around insisting on good behavior and having zero tolerance from my children with disruptive behavior in restaurants. So charge $25 for children, infants, everyone. There's a new revenue source!

Archived