Carnival cruiser does NCL

S.S.Oceanlover

I've been toying with the idea of an NCL cruise, just to try something different...

After reading this thread, I think I will start looking more seriously!

We've had great cruises with CCL, but I think I want to try something different.

How does the pool areas on NCL compare with CCL?

How do the balcony cabins compare? We can't live without our balcony!

Mike

I don't know about the other ships but on the Star there is one pool and it's smaller than the Carnival pools. Coming up to the pool at 11am on a day at sea it was virtually impossible to find even one chair anywhere.

I finally found one up on the back of the ship on deck 13. That didn't stop us from having a great cruise.:)

Bill

When you book the specialty restaurants be advised that you are charged immediately.

We waited until we boarded to make reservations and had no problems at all.

Bill

Thanks. As we can't book until 45 days prior to cruise, only planning to book Blue Man Group (free but need reservations) and the Cirque Dinner show.

Thanks. As we can't book until 45 days prior to cruise, only planning to book Blue Man Group (free but need reservations) and the Cirque Dinner show.

I think we are prebooking Cirque for our group as well. But I didnt know we needed reservations for BMG???

It's not a "need" but an option. you can grab tickets after you go on board.

K thanks

Having said that, it might not be a bad idea if you have a large party or want the good seats in the first few rows.

Aside from the ability to grab tickets at the onboard box-office, there are also a certain number of open seats for reserved for "walk-in"s at each show.

Having said that, it might not be a bad idea if you have a large party or want the good seats in the first few rows.

Aside from the ability to grab tickets at the onboard box-office, there are also a certain number of open seats for reserved for "walk-in"s at each show.

Only reason we will reserve BMG is to ensure we get it the night we want. This was recommended by our PCC.

I have sailed both with another ccl comming up in December and the biggest difference is the suite perks. They have great suite perks on NCL including the steakhouse open for a fantastic breakfast and lunch for FREE.

Just got off the phone with a PCC with NCL. As you can see we are booked on Epic for January. 1st NCL cruise and DW is out and doesn't know yet. .

can I just say, you are an awesome husband :)

After 3 Carnival cruises, I am giving RCI a try in February and I was also thinking about NCL in the future. Don't care about those little perks or being Plantinum or whatever. I would like to experience different cruise lines. :)

Have sailed Celebrity, RCI and NCL. So far RCI is our favorite by a mile.

We tend to book our cruises for itinerary. We are looking forward to our first CCL cruise. You guys are really scaring me. We just got off an NCL cruise and were not overly impressed. The entertainment was very good, but the food selections at the buffet and main diningroom were just ok. If they are considered by posters to be better than Carnival, yikes :eek:. I'm not going to enjoy the Valor at all!

Just got off the phone with a PCC with NCL. As you can see we are booked on Epic for January. 1st NCL cruise and DW is out and doesn't know yet. Have you booked any shows or dinners? He said we can book Blue Man Group, Cirque Dinner, or any specialty restaurants 45 days prior to the cruise.

Looking forward to a review when you return.

I did book Blue Man Group online and also a Legends show and also a meal in a specialty restaurant. :) The only thing with booking the specialty restaurants is that you have to pay when you book online.

Here are some Epic reviews that I have bookmarked:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1246585

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1386629

and pics

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dohspc/collections/72157628530953559/

Archived