First time on Princess ???? Sanctuary?

JoanneRM

Was just on the Ruby and my sister and I used the sanctuary on all of the sea days and loved it. $20 for a full day. You have tea service in the afternoon. They are always coming around with water and cold towels and even face misting. NO KIDS!! Just a great place to hang out and well worth the price. You can order from a selected menu for a nominal price ($3) for delivery

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/activities/daytime_activities/day_sanctuary/index.html

There's a video on the link also.

Solitude seekers will be able to escape completely to this plush, outdoor spa-inspired setting with signature beverages, light meals, massages, attentive service and relaxing personal entertainment.

"Serenity Stewards" Attend To Every Need

The presence of Serenity Stewards in The Sanctuary underscores the atmosphere of tranquility and service, offering a respite for relaxation. These stewards are on hand to provide passengers with everything from a chilled face towel and Evian water atomizers, to a menu of healthy beverages and fare. Serenity Stewards will also have personal MP3 players with noise canceling headphones available, loaded with themed playlists focused on relaxation for those who want to escape with music.

Al Fresco Massages*

The Sanctuary will also feature outdoor private cabanas where passengers can also take advantage of the exclusive Lotus Spa Services at The Sanctuary, including sybaritic favorites such as a Deep Tissue Muscle Massage, a relaxing Swedish Massage or a Full Body Lotus Massage especially for couples. Shorter interludes of massage pampering will also be available as massage therapists will offer back, shoulder, and neck massages using special massage chairs.

When not indulging in spa services, Sanctuary passengers lounge amidst lush greenery, with the presence of gentle breezes, ocean waves, and softly piped-in spa music combining to further insulate the area with relaxation sounds. Guests will relax on plush outdoor furniture including double loungers for couples, as well as deluxe chaise lounges and chairs.

And for those looking for a relaxing end to their day, sunset yoga sessions offer the opportunity to unwind and tone their muscles accompanied by nature's beauty.

* Not available on Sapphire, Diamond, Sea, Coral and Island Princess.

Refreshing Drinks And Healthy Snacks

Passengers can also refresh with a variety of special drinks and snacks created exclusively for The Sanctuary. Each day Serenity Stewards will be on hand to offer passengers an array of drinks and snacks. Signature Sanctuary beverages include healthy smoothies, energy drinks, iced flavored waters and freshly made lemonade. A menu featuring a selection of light bites such as refreshing fruit skewers and lettuce wrapped spring rolls will also be available through the Serenity Stewards.

Note: There is a flat fee charge of $10 per person for each period.

A period is defined as AM (from 8am to 12:30pm) and PM (from 1pm to 5pm or later).

Is there an extra charge for the Sanctuary?? I see you have to reserve it. What is the process?

Thanks

As this is your first time on Princess, also check out the many other on-deck venues for relaxation included in your basic cruise fare. Many people love the adult only small pool at the stern of the ship, with immediate proximity to deck chairs, spa-like seating, bars, and buffet. Cocktail stewards are there too, to cater to your liquid refreshment needs. Cool breezes and outstanding view of the ship's wake are included.

As this is your first time on Princess, also check out the many other on-deck venues for relaxation included in your basic cruise fare. Many people love the adult only small pool at the stern of the ship, with immediate proximity to deck chairs, spa-like seating, bars, and buffet. Cocktail stewards are there too, to cater to your liquid refreshment needs. Cool breezes and outstanding view of the ship's wake are included.

But depends on the ship: On the Coral/Island, the aft pool is Sanctuary-only. (And on the Royal, there'll be no aft pool at all. :( ) As far as "no kids," if the OP is sailing off-season or on a longer cruise, there may be next-to-no visible children onboard, anyway. And if it's not a warm weather cruise, the Sanctuary may be empty, as it's been on my shoulder-season Alaska trips. I know I'm thrifty, but I myself never wish I had sprung for the Sanctuary. On the other hand, I've met plenty of people who totally love it.

If you book the Sanctuary for the entire cruise, it will cost approximately $15 per day. The allotted number of full-cruise seats can be limited, so people will rush to sign up.

Depending on the cruise, the passenger make-up, and the weather, this can be a great addition to your cruise experience!:)

We always reserve the sancturary on all warm weather cruises for the entire cruise. In April on the 10 day Emerald cruise, it was $400 for us. There has never been a discount for booking the entire cruise that we're aware of. We both love the sanctuary, they only reserve half of the seats for the full cruise. The rest of the days are open for purchase each day starting quite early.

• 3 weeks later...

Does it get hot or stuffy in there on warm days? All that glass seems like maybe there would not be enough air?! Can you tell who is nearing 50 and hormonal? LOL!

Also, do they offer the spa services on port days at the Sanctuary also?

Thank you! Katherine

Does it get hot or stuffy in there on warm days? All that glass seems like maybe there would not be enough air?! Can you tell who is nearing 50 and hormonal? LOL!

Also, do they offer the spa services on port days at the Sanctuary also?

Thank you! Katherine

Maybe the Sanctuary differs depending on the ship, but on the Sanctuary on the ships that I have seen there was no glass at all. What I observed was there is no glass and that it is outdoors , with some areas being in the shade and some full or partial sun.

Are you thinking of the pool area in the middle of some of the ships that is surrounded by some type of glass or plexiglass type of material with a roof that opens and closes? That is not the sactuary. Its an enclosed pool area which is very nice with open seating...no charge.

When I was on the Sapphire BVE, I seem to remember that there were glass windbreaks at the very front, not on the sides so it wasn't enclosed. You'd want and need the windbreak. It wasn't a windy day yet the canvas covers were flapping and snapping even though the ship was docked. I would think it could get very windy if the ship were sailing at 20+ kts.

On the Island Princess, the Sanctuary is aft rather than forward so I'm assuming it won't be as windy.

you can't book the sanctuary in advance, if you want to book for the full cruise you book on the day you board. if you want to book individual days, you sign up on those days - they don't book individual days in advance.

Thanks. I am talking about the Sapphire. Where do you sign up?

Posted this in the other Sanctuary thread we have going but can anyone explain exactly what is included in terms of food/beverages for the extra fee they charge in addition to the admission fee?

Archived