MDR on Embarkation Day with BVE Going On

Gay Cruiser

I would suspect with the folks doing BVE's in SFO on the Sea Princess August 21st. there should be no hassle getting a seat in the MDR for regular passengers wanting to avoid the HC crowds? I have printed out the page on the Princess site saying passengers embarking are invited to dine in many dining venues.... including the MDR.

I would suspect with the folks doing BVE's in SFO on the Sea Princess August 21st. there should be no hassle getting a seat in the MDR for regular passengers wanting to avoid the HC crowds? I have printed out the page on the Princess site saying passengers embarking are invited to dine in many dining venues.... including the MDR.

That is true. We always eat in the MDR for lunch on embarkation day. We have never had a difficult time being seated, once we get past that first door. Sometimes finding the correct dining room can be tricky! ;)

I always know I am on a cruise, when they serve me the souffle for dessert.

Can't wait for my next souffle, er, cruise!:)

I don't know about the Sea but in the last couple of months on the Sapphire & the Island it's been no problem eating in the MDR on embarkation day from noon until 1:30. There was a more limited menu but they had plenty of good food for us to have a quiet, relaxing lunch. :D

I always know I am on a cruise, when they serve me the souffle for dessert.

Can't wait for my next souffle, er, cruise!:)

Mmmm... souffle! I hate to think that I need to wait nearly a year before I can have it again!

I'm sorry I don't see a problem. There should be plenty of room.

Those on the BVE are seated in a section away from passengers who've just boarded. They aren't co-mingled.

This hasn't been the case on the three BVEs that I've done.

There was a group of travel agents touring the ship. They

were seated in a separate area in the dining room, and

had a couple speakers from Princess during their lunch.

There is no issue getting a table that we have ever seen in the MDR at lunch on Embarkation day. Have never seen it crowded. Very relaxing actually. :)

Archived