What is your number?

Agent999

Don't flame me for this, but I was reading threads over on the CCL Board. :o Anyway, I ran across a poster who uses the signature tag line: "If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!".

I thought it was fairly impressive that this poster has managed to sail all 24 active ships in the Carnival fleet. It can be easy to measure experience by the number of cruises one has, but it takes it to another level when you also consider the width of that experience. (IOW...24 Cruises on 1 Ship just makes you a ship expert, while 24 Cruises on 24 Ships would make you a fleet expert).

This all got me thinking about the people here on the NCL Board, so I'm asking the question:

"NCL has 11 ships in their active fleet. How many of those 11 ships have you sailed on?"

OR

"What is your NCL Number?"

1 Ship = 9.1%

2 Ships = 18.2%

3 Ships = 27.3%

4 Ships = 36.4%

5 Ships = 45.5%

6 Ships = 54.5%

7 Ships = 63.6%

8 Ships = 72.7%

9 Ships = 81.8%

10 Ships = 90.9%

11 Ships = 100%

Only 4. Going to get them all in eventually!!

Great responses. Even if some people (not you Mooder) try to count no-longer-active ships as part of their number. :rolleyes:

The interesting thing about this is how it, as opposed to Latitudes, is somewhat of a floating target. Your number could change (up or down) simply because the cruise line adds a ship to the fleet, or removes one. You could be at 90% and they could sell off the one ship you haven't been on and you pop right up to 100%. Of course, you could also be at 100% and when they add a ship (like NCL is going to do next spring with Breakaway) you could find yourself knocked right off of the top platform. :eek:

Edit, forgot about the Crown

Crown

Norway....6

Sun.........4

Jewel.......2

Pearl........2

Dawn.......4

Sky..........2

Star

Spirit.......3

Wind.......2

Dream

Majesty

Sea

Epic

8 of the current roster and 6 that are no longer part of the fleet.

John

4 so far...#5 is in Nov 2012.:)

And I just want to say Kudos to all those #0! Good for you for finding the best place to learn all you need to know (that you didn't even know that you needed to know!) before cruising NCL!

I actually joined CC in 2006 (but there was a problem with my account and it had to get reset in 2008) and was truly amazed at all I missed. CC certainly enhances the cruising experience! Thanks to all my fellow Cruise Critics!

24 plus three booked

Confused me at first since there are only 11 ships and 11 would be the maximum number. Then I realize that you meant cruises! lol I see by your signature that your number is actually 6.

For myself I have 3 active ( Star, Sun, And Sky) and 1 inactive (Norway).

DS has all 11 active and 3 inactive (Dream, Sea, Norway) Course he does have an advantage :rolleyes:

I don't think we can allow DS to count his employment...they'd have to be revenue sailings in the same way that Latitudes used to count. How many different ships has he paid the non-employee rate to sail?

Great numbers so far. Keep them coming!

Interesting that we have more "0" people reporting in than "11" people.

It looks like it is much easier to sail many times on one cruise line than it is to sail once on each ship. I see a lot of people who have repeated a couple of ships many, many times.

I don't think we can allow DS to count his employment...they'd have to be revenue sailings in the same way that Latitudes used to count. How many different ships has he paid the non-employee rate to sail?

LOL - Like he would go on a cruise for a vacation! :D

In that case he has 0 cruises. I do wish we had kept track of the number of cruises he has done over the years tho. That would be cool to know.

Archived