Turn around day

We will be on a Miami-Miami-Miami back to back Caribbean cruise in January and Feburary and are trying to do some advanced planning. We searched the forum and didn't locate the answer but are wondering what the protocol is for turn around day in Miami mid cruise.

We did a back to back cruise in April/May. We were offered a 1/2 day excursion -- probably to get us off of the ship:) We returned around 1:30 p.m. - very happy that we didn't have to wait to go to our suite. Not sure if the same thing is done in Miami but it would be nice if it was.

Because you will be in an American City you must get off of the ship in order for them to clear the ship through immigration....As for moving from one cabin to another, we have also done this and it was accomplished perfectly while we were off the ship for only 2 hours....We were in Miami and we were required to get off by 9:00 AM. Hope this answers your questions/concerns.....:)

Hi Ann/EagertoTravel; during our b2b in April (Dubai to Athens, then Athens to Istanbul) we also changed suites. Asked the GM about the process, he said the Voyager staff (asked me to let the Exec conscierge know our plans for that morning) would take care of everything. Ida and I and five other couples left on a half day tour of Athens, we organized a tad after 9 a.m came back after 2pm and our new suite was ready with all are clothes hung neatly (as detailed as Ida is, we put most of our drawer items in one suitcase) Tip, ask the exec concierge to make your new suite's safe available first thing in the morning (before you leave the ship, if you do) so you can change the combination and secure Shel and your valuables

Thanks, Wes for the detailed explanation and especially the idea about the safe. Our turnaround day is Barcelona and we are hoping that the ship will plan an excursion for us. If not we love wandering around Barcelona on our own. Our second leg is a downgrade in cabin so we certainly wouldn't mind an offer to stay where we are.;)

Thanks, Wes for the detailed explanation and especially the idea about the safe. Our turnaround day is Barcelona and we are hoping that the ship will plan an excursion for us. If not we love wandering around Barcelona on our own. Our second leg is a downgrade in cabin so we certainly wouldn't mind an offer to stay where we are.;)

On our last cruise we did a B2B with Istanbul being the turn around day. There was only one other couple doing the B2B so Regent did not provide an excursion for us. I think if there is a bigger group, Regent will provide an excursion.

We also changed suites. We left early in the morning and came back in the afternoon with everything moved to the new suite.

Karen

It is great to know that Regent will facilitate the move. I don't mind packing some but I hate to waste the day. I am relieved to know we can leave stuff on hangers.
:)If you are in a Butlered suite, he will take charge of everything....Ours made certain that my wife understood that he would see to any hanging, packing, etc....Then in jest he made sure to be present when we returned in order to show Teddy that he had indeed taken full charge, including a half finished bottle of club soda and an over ripe banana !!!......Once my wife woke up to his humor, the room stewardess appeared with an iced bottle of Cliquot ! Now that is one more reason to be a Regent Rooter !!!.....:D

Thanks everyone for your input. Since we do not know if we are changing suite mid cruise sounds like we get off clear customs and immigration, take a short excursion if one is available then reboard. If no excursion is offered sound like we just wait at the pier until reboarding starts.

Thanks everyone for your input. Since we do not know if we are changing suite mid cruise sounds like we get off clear customs and immigration, take a short excursion if one is available then reboard. If no excursion is offered sound like we just wait at the pier until reboarding starts.

I would bet that once you've cleared Customs you could reboard whenever you wanted, stateroom change or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Wendy is right. We were on a Caribbean cruise last year with a couple who were doing a B2B. On arrival in FLL they told us they would have to get off (without luggage of course), pass through Immigration and then could either take a tour OR re-board. They planned to re-board.

However some cruises stop in Key West before FLL. Since everyone has gone through Immigration there (in our case it was done on board) I assume there would not be any requirement to get off again in FLL. You are IN the USA from Key West on... So one needs to look at the port schedule.

Archived