Stilton anyone?

1980dory

There wasn't last few "X" cruises we've been on, but didn't specifically ask for it.

Frankly, the cheese plates as of late have been very disappointing compared to even a few years ago, and down-right chintzy compared to 10 years ago.

monty-python-cheese-shop.jpg

You certainly won't find it in the MDR or buffet...possibly in Murano or the Tuscan Grill who have a decent selection of cheeses, but I don't recall Stilton being one of them, and since I love Stilton, I would remember.

The main problem. Found on the Solstice last week was that the cheese in the MDR was stored in a refrigerator and then served cold, not at room temperature!

Cellar Masters cheese was far tastier as it just sat under a domed bowl ( I tended to call in for an après dinner port ;))

The main problem. Found on the Solstice last week was that the cheese in the MDR was stored in a refrigerator and then served cold, not at room temperature!

Cellar Masters cheese was far tastier as it just sat under a domed bowl ( I tended to call in for an après dinner port ;))

What we found works is that at dinnertime, if you want a cheese plate after, ask for it to be brought out with dinner so it can get to the right temp for eating with your apres dinner port.

There wasn't last few "X" cruises we've been on, but didn't specifically ask for it.

Frankly, the cheese plates as of late have been very disappointing compared to even a few years ago, and down-right chintzy compared to 10 years ago.

monty-python-cheese-shop.jpg

Cheese plate in murano and tuscan were both excellent.... I dont specifically remember stilton

The last time I ordered a cheese plate in the MDR I think I got a piece of cheddar, a piece of american, some velveeta and perhaps some provolone...shall we say a selection of American made cheeses. Of course my memory has failed a bit, but I'm not all that far off....it was "not creative" to be kind....and it would not have gotten better at room temperature.

The cheese course in the specialty restaurants is a real cheese course, although at times you have to convince them that they aren't dealing with gold...they do tend to give small portions.

We are doing a TA on the Silhouette in December and was wondering if Stilton cheese is offered or avilable on the cheese plates or otherwise.

Any British cruisers have the answer?

We are with you on this sailing. Perhaps we can convince one of the British cruisers to bring some on board, and arrange a "Stilton Party" for those who are interested.

Ira and Pam

Ira and Pam:

What a wonderful idea! We would certainly be willing to kick in our fair share for the cost of the cheese! Now all we need to do is find a British friend to bring the cheese.

Who knows? Maybe Wallace will join us after all. Sorry Grommit. Pets not allowed.

Perhaps we could work this into a party and get Celebrity to provide the walnuts and Port. It would also be nice if we could get both white and blue Stilton along with a variety of the fruited cheeses.

How about it. Do we have any Brit volunteers who are sailing with us to the Colonies?:D

Paul and Judy aka 1980dory

On my last three cruises with Celebrity I always mention on the suggestion card that the cheese plate offered in the MDR is awful ,not served at the correct temp,etc but no one seems to be listening .

I keep reading here that Celebrity does take our comments seriously so please mention this on your comments card please and if enough of us do this perhaps they will look at this point more carfully.

The cheese board in MURANO on the other hand is excellent.

Roll on Ocotber to my next cruise .

Cheers

Scotslizzy

Going for a drive to the Yorkshire Dales today and will be calling at the cheese factory in Hawes ie Wallace and Grommit fame. For those who like cheese it is our heaven.

I always ask on the first night for Stilton and, so far, they have 'found' some for me. Always there after that. On a Cunard cruise I asked at lunch time and was brought a full plate of it - now I love it but..........

Best cheese on any cruise was on the Constellation in the Liners dining room. They even had a cheese waiter who really KNEW about cheese. Going on Summit beg. Of September and hoping for the same:D

Ghstudio:

Velveeta isn't a cheese! Isn't that the stuff that is made with yellow dye, various plastics, chemicals and dairy byproducts? Or is it wholly synthetic with no dairy byproducts? Orange Play-Doh probably tastes better and is more nutritious!

Celebrity has really hit bottom with this one.:eek:

Archived