Carnival Liberty Steak House

thesanders08

I wouldn't do it again, but that's me. The food was excellent but was so much food that I couldn't even finish half of each course. Then I was so miserably stuffed the rest of the night I didn't enjoy myself.

I personally wasn't fond of the atmosphere - our group was packed in so close to another table I could have reached over and eaten off their plates. :eek: This was with plenty of open tables availabe. Not really the atmosphere I was expecting.

We enjoyed 6 nights there on our sailing a few weeks ago.

As to whether or not it's worth $35, only you know the answer to that. What you get for your $35 there is, in my opinion, equal to a meal that you'd pay easily double that amount for at a steakhouse on terra firma.

Tom

Is it worth the $35 ?

I don't think so. It was barely worth $30 when I did it. Was no better than a regular steak around here and they refused to cook my ribeye medium rare. If they got rid of the amateur service and just offered a better steak for about $20, then it would be worth it. I think too much of the $ is going to the half dozen people bugging you every few minutes of your meal.

They also do not serve Porterhouse. Thats right a "steakhouse" that has no Porterhouse LMAO.

But still, I say go for it, others had better experiences then I so I say its worth a shot. I would give it another go if they had Porterhouse.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy

I don't think so. It was barely worth $30 when I did it. Was no better than a regular steak around here and they refused to cook my ribeye medium rare. If they got rid of the amateur service and just offered a better steak for about $20, then it would be worth it. I think too much of the $ is going to the half dozen people bugging you every few minutes of your meal.

They also do not serve Porterhouse. Thats right a "steakhouse" that has no Porterhouse LMAO.

But still, I say go for it, others had better experiences then I so I say its worth a shot. I would give it another go if they had Porterhouse.

Ok MDR flat iron steak or Steakhouse porterhouse, filet mignon, etc oh yeah worth it for sure we booked four eveinings maybe more when we have our first meal in MDR. lol

So do they , or do they NOT have porterhouse ? :confused:

So do they , or do they NOT have porterhouse ? :confused:

That's a negatory! :D

We tried it once. It was OK, but we missed the atmosphere of the MDR and our table mates.

One of the main reasons we enjoy the Steakhouse! ;)

Tom

• 4 years later...

I dined as a solo and was perfectly comfortable doing so.

My experience differed from other posters. I found Diamonds Steakhouse to be superior in the areas of service and ambiance to Holland America Line's Pinnacle Grill. Food quality was very good and the chefs at Diamonds plate presentations were excellent.

Several comments about people being served too much food; yes, I agree if one orders as much as is possible. Why do so? I have learned that I cannot comfortably consume an appetizer, a soup, a salad, an entree with side dishes, and a dessert. So, why order so much? I order what I believe I can eat without being wasteful. Even then, I was unable to finish the delicious Apple dessert.