How do I get disembark as early as possible on RCCL?

psadvocate

My flight isn't for another 7 days after we pull into port - but we need to drive 8 hours to a wedding as soon as we dock! How do I get off the cruise as quickly as possible if they see my flight tag isn't immediate, because we aren't flying home for another week?

...How do I get off the cruise as quickly as possible...

Royal has a self-disembark program. You do not put your luggage outside your door on the last night but rather, keep it all with you. In the morning, you will be called first to disembark. The only thing is, you must be able to handle all your luggage yourself; no crew member will help you. If you can do this, you can be in the first group off the ship. Just let them know you want to do this when they ask, a few days prior to the end of the cruise.

If you don't do the self disembark go to the purser's desk explain the situation and they should give you the tags that will be called 1st. Then you can be one of the 1st off the ship.

We used to go and explain we had a 12 hour drive and wanted to start as soon as possible. We were always given 1st off tags.

If you don't do the self disembark go to the purser's desk explain the situation and they should give you the tags that will be called 1st. Then you can be one of the 1st off the ship.

We used to go and explain we had a 12 hour drive and wanted to start as soon as possible. We were always given 1st off tags.

Excellent advice.

Keith

We've done the self disembark several times and it is great! As soon as the ship is cleared, they let you off. Usually people line up early and there is a big charge down the gangway.

Marianne

this may work for a short cruise (3 to 5 ngts), but for a 7 night or longer. we have way too much luggage to haul down the stairs and elevators. (4 suitcases +). we use regular disembark and still get off pretty early...

it is fun to watch those carry off cruisers trying to navigate the stairs.

way too too funny..:D

Yes, you will need to pack with this all in mind. The elevators get tied up on the last day and often you will have to manage your luggage on crowded stairs.

That said, I've done this often and can manage my own luggage very well, but I am very careful how much I take on cruises.

Before you board your ship make sure you have a full tank of gas in your car so you won't have to stop right off the ship. That will save time.

At manny ports, you have a choice of elevator or escalator to get down to the exit. Most will not allow you on the escalator unless you have a free hand to hold on. Those without a free hand are directed to the elevators which back up quickly. So pack very light.

You are not required to show your airline tickets so just tell them you need off at 7:30 AM then you will be in the early group

Self disembark is a nightmare...people are all over the place with their bags

I would just put them out the night before & ask to be in the first group when the ship is cleared

At manny ports, you have a choice of elevator or escalator to get down to the exit. Most will not allow you on the escalator unless you have a free hand to hold on. Those without a free hand are directed to the elevators which back up quickly. So pack very light.

on the longer cruises it is hard to pack light. too many formal nights (2 sometimes 3) MDR clothes, and sometimes a sports coat for a specialty restaurant. etc. short cruises ok. longer--7 to 12 ngts.---no way...

again, i am referring to my wife and i. what other cruisers do, that is their business. it is their cruise...

on the longer cruises it is hard to pack light. too many formal nights (2 sometimes 3) MDR clothes, and sometimes a sports coat for a specialty restaurant. etc. short cruises ok. longer--7 to 12 ngts.---no way...

again, i am referring to my wife and i. what other cruisers do, that is their business. it is their cruise...

I am not saying it is easy to pack light especially on longer cruises. Our cruises are usually 30 to 50 days, so no way we could use the escalator.

I was just warning OP that they will likely need a free hand to take the escalators.

I am not saying it is easy to pack light especially on longer cruises. Our cruises are usually 30 to 50 days, so no way we could use the escalator.

I was just warning OP that they will likely need a free hand to take the escalators.

thank you Paul, i know what you are talking about. have a great day and happy :):) crusin'............

We only do 7 day cruises (nothing shorter) and we always take our own luggage off. We only pack what we need and know we will use, so that ends up being 1 suitcase for each of us (2 suitcases total).

We get right on the elevator, down to the gangway and off we go. No problems (except for Customs issues last year getting off Oasis and no one was able to get off for 1 hr 45 min):mad:

We only do 7 day cruises (nothing shorter) and we always take our own luggage off. We only pack what we need and know we will use, so that ends up being 1 suitcase for each of us (2 suitcases total).

We get right on the elevator, down to the gangway and off we go. No problems (except for Customs issues last year getting off Oasis and no one was able to get off for 1 hr 45 min):mad:

good going you guys. my wife and i cannot pack that light for a 7 day or more cruise..

We take 3 suitcases for the two of us for just about any length cruise. We have done it for a 20 day cruise and a 44 day cruise.

we are usually at 4---me 2,(i take too many electronic gadgets)

my wife 2, (way too too many shoes, purses and jewelry)

good going you guys. my wife and i cannot pack that light for a 7 day or more cruise..

Trust me, it hasn't always been that way:D. After our 2nd cruise, we realized we weren't using a lot of the stuff we were taking. So, we started packing only what we knew we would use. Our suitcases aren't the small carry-on size--they're pretty good size. I make everything fit though!:):D

Trust me, it hasn't always been that way:D. After our 2nd cruise, we realized we weren't using a lot of the stuff we were taking. So, we started packing only what we knew we would use. Our suitcases aren't the small carry-on size--they're pretty good size. I make everything fit though!:):D

well it is not like we didn't have enough practice, my wife and i are both pinnacle members of C&A and we still pack the same as always...:confused:

well it is not like we didn't have enough practice, my wife and i are both pinnacle members of C&A and we still pack the same as always...:confused:

Do you pack all that stuff from those crazy lists here on CC?:D:):D

Archived