POM closing

August 25, 2012

TROPICAL STORM ISAAC ALERT:

PortMiami is OPEN and is scheduled to close tonight at 11 p.m. U.S. Coast Guard Captain of the Port has established Hurricane Port Readiness Condition Modified YANKEE. The Port is scheduled to open on Monday; time to be announced.

Posted from the Port of Miami website

There is only 1 ship from any cruiseline scheduled for POM tomorrow and that is the Valor. Carnival's site says it will stay a safe distance away from the storm until the Port reopens.

It also looks like it should affect the cruises on Monday since they will probably be getting in late. That will mean a late departure for the Imagination. I guess it will probably affect the Majesty of the Seas and NCL's Norwegian Sky who also are due to be in Port on Monday.

Sharon

The Legend scheduled to dock in Tampa will dock in Port Canaveral. Lots of busing from west to east coast for those sailing and the reverse for those arriving. What a mess! Oh well that's the way it is in hurricane season, what can you do?:confused:

The Legend scheduled to dock in Tampa will dock in Port Canaveral. Lots of busing from west to east coast for those sailing and the reverse for those arriving. What a mess! Oh well that's the way it is in hurricane season, what can you do?:confused:

And on top of that, the Republican Convention is in Tampa as well and the traffic nightmares.

sarahleebones

You are absolutly correct about the Flight rescheduling! Happened to us once and was a nightmare getting flights home.

But isn't going to stop me from sailing again at the end of October. You just have to have patience and deal with it. Can't change it so why complain?

oooooooo that would suck if you are the ones waiting to get on. Does anyone know what happens if you have flights to go home but cant get to the airport???

Just another reason why I will NEVER cruise during hurricane season.

The plane leaves without you??:D

The plane leaves without you??:D

My answer on this would be you will miss the flight but talk to the airline employees as since so many will have missed flights, they might be able to help you out. Worth asking for and as a former airline employee, I would suggest to approach them with understanding that things are crazy and that you will greatly appreicate their help. When things get crazy at the airport and on the plane, I always was much more willing to help the nice people than the demanding people. :)

I am sitting in the hotel overlooking the POM. Waiting for monday, we had not heard any information on possible lort closings until we arrived in Miami at 2pm from a anonymous transportation driver. My first ccl text alert did not come in until nearly 330pm. I would had still flown into Miami anyway, since we would not cancel our cruise/vacation.

Just curious, but with the new VIFP program, if your cruise gets extended a day because of the weather, do you get credit for the extra night????:eek:

And if you paid for a seven day cruise and it was cut short by one day, do you not get credit for the extra day you paid for and didn't get?

I am sitting in the hotel overlooking the POM. Waiting for monday, we had not heard any information on possible lort closings until we arrived in Miami at 2pm from a anonymous transportation driver. My first ccl text alert did not come in until nearly 330pm. I would had still flown into Miami anyway, since we would not cancel our cruise/vacation.

Good for you. You have the right attitude. Sme many people will be on the other side. I know your cruise is being shortened but I would rather be safe then sorry. I believe Carnival is doing a good thing to keep all safe. Hope you enjoy Miami today and have a great cruise.

oooooooo that would suck if you are the ones waiting to get on. Does anyone know what happens if you have flights to go home but cant get to the airport???

Just another reason why I will NEVER cruise during hurricane season.

I would think that flights would also be cancelled.

Archived