$75 obc question

S.S.Oceanlover

I have seen on most online travel agencies that there is a $75 onboard credit if you book by December 31st.

If I book directly on the NCL website can I get that $75 credit also?

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill,

If there isn't currently an offer with OBC, you could buy a Future Cruise Reward, which you can do anytime now if you are a Latitudes member, and you will get $75.00 OBC. I see in your signature that you've sailed NCL, so you should qualify. Not the $100.00 you get when you buy on board, but at least it's $75.00.

I learned of this here on CC, so can't include the link to NCL's website because they are currently doing maintenance; I tried.

Thanks for that tip. Sounds good.

This is the offer I am seeing on online travel agent sites.

Book a qualified sailing on Norwegian Cruise Line and receive $75 onboard spending credit. Use your credit towards spa services, shore excursions, and more. Call a cruise expert to book a triple or quad stateroom.

I prefer to just book directly and was wondering if NCL offers this same deal.

Bill

Thanks for that tip. Sounds good.

This is the offer I am seeing on online travel agent sites.

Book a qualified sailing on Norwegian Cruise Line and receive $75 onboard spending credit. Use your credit towards spa services, shore excursions, and more. Call a cruise expert to book a triple or quad stateroom.

I prefer to just book directly and was wondering if NCL offers this same deal.

Bill

Not unless NCL themselves are offering the OBC.

I have seen on most online travel agencies that there is a $75 onboard credit if you book by December 31st.

Bill

A few days ago we priced out a NCL cruise with an online TA. The amount of NCL credit depended on the catagory of room booked, with the full amount credited for suites. If you book through NCl, you would still get the credit assuming the offer is still good.

The good thing about using a TA, however, is that they usually offer their own on board credit as well, based on the price of your cruise.

Our offer was $70 NCL credit plus $250 from the online TA for a total OBC of $320. This was for the mini-suite category. We priced another which had a total of over $500 OBC.

You can usually add to the credit you get when you book by other offers such as buying a future cruise credit for $250 while on board resulting is an immediate $100 OBC for your current cruise.

If you do book directly with NCL, you can then transfer the booking to the online TA and they will give you their agency credit. You can do this prior to making full payment.

Make sure you check out HSN's promo for $100 OBC as well. Hurry though because you have to have the cruise booked by 8/31 to use it!

I believe the promotion has ended. OBC is no longer available if you call HSN and request a brochure.

Make sure you check out HSN's promo for $100 OBC as well. Hurry though because you have to have the cruise booked by 8/31 to use it!

If you have not already ordered the brochure, this offer is no longer valid. The only way to still get the $100 HSN OBC on a cruise that is booked by Friday, Aug 31 -is if you have already have ordered the brochure with the offer attached.

Bill

This offers are valid with TA agencies only, they give you back part of their fee. Also some TA can offer you even more. If NCL offer OBC as well, it will be combined. Last year we had $100 from NCL and $150 from on-line TA.

Bill' date='

If there isn't currently an offer with OBC, you could buy a Future Cruise Reward, which you can do anytime now if you are a Latitudes member, and you will get $75.00 OBC. I see in your signature that you've sailed NCL, so you should qualify. Not the $100.00 you get when you buy on board, but at least it's $75.00.

I learned of this here on CC, so can't include the link to NCL's website because they are currently doing maintenance; I tried.[/quote']

You cannot buy the Future Cruise Reward any time!! You can only purchase it for 45 days after you return from a cruise. You will have to pay NCL the full $250 up front and you will receive a $75 OBC when you cruise. Not quite the same?

Online TA's (usually the bidding ones) will give you a good amount of OBC (which depends on your cabin category). We always book with an online TA so that we can get the OBC (usually $75-$100) from them and we always make sure that we book when NCL is having a special as well. NCL will have the latitude rewards (also depending on what category you are booking) and then HSN was having their special this month as well. We managed to get $225 for our upcoming interior cruise in December by doing it this way. ($100 from HSN, $25 from NCL, $100 from the TA). :D

Thanks for all the excellent feedback.

I appreciate it.

Unfortunately the agency I used for our just completed Star cruise, you have to spend at least $699pp in NCF's to qualify for any OBC's.

We are going in April and book inside cabins mostly and they are only $494pp plus I have $225pp credit which will lower the NCF even more.

Learned a lot, thanks again.

Bill

One more question.

On my cruise on the NCL website there is a purple "L" that says Latitudes.

What is that and how does that work?

TIA

Bill

If you hover over the purple L, it tells you; there is OBC available to Latitudes members for that sailing. The OBC is per cabin, not per person. Unfortunately, the OBC for insides is only $25.00.

"You cannot buy the Future Cruise Reward any time!! You can only purchase it for 45 days after you return from a cruise. You will have to pay NCL the full $250 up front and you will receive a $75 OBC when you cruise. Not quite the same?"

Thanks for setting me straight on that one, rsullivan; I should not have posted without verifying :o

How long ago did you return from your cruise, Bill? Are you within that 45 days?

You may get answers to a lot of your questions, Bill, if you make a mock booking on the NCL website even if you are not ready yet to book. You don't have to complete the booking. This will also allow you to see the cabins available for your sailing. Good Luck.

If you hover over the purple L' date=' it tells you; there is OBC available to Latitudes members for that sailing. The OBC is per cabin, not per person. Unfortunately, the OBC for insides is only $25.00.

"You cannot buy the Future Cruise Reward any time!! You can only purchase it for 45 days after you return from a cruise. You will have to pay NCL the full $250 up front and you will receive a $75 OBC when you cruise. Not quite the same?"

Thanks for setting me straight on that one, rsullivan; I should not have posted without verifying :o

How long ago did you return from your cruise, Bill? Are you within that 45 days?

You may get answers to a lot of your questions, Bill, if you make a mock booking on the NCL website even if you are not ready yet to book. You don't have to complete the booking. This will also allow you to see the cabins available for your sailing. Good Luck.[/quote']

Yes we just got back on August 5th.

Like I said we have $225 pp credit plus we bought a FCC while on our last cruise.

So we already have $700.

I'll do the mock booking later when I get home.

Thanks

Bill

One more question.

On my cruise on the NCL website there is a purple "L" that says Latitudes.

What is that and how does that work?

TIA

Bill

In addition to the on board credit planma'am told you about, you also get double latitudes points for that sailing.

Archived