Our Carnival Legend Pictorial Review--August 12-19, 2012

dz63

As others have stated this is probably the best review I have ever read. You are a true wordsmith and a very good photographer. As veterans of two Legend cruises we loved seeing all the areas we are so familiar with and we even saw a couple of crewmembers we recognized. Oh by the way I loved you’re DH and DS Aloha shirts, as you can see by our name we love Hawaii. Once again thanks for the great review.

I loved following your review and even felt sad when you guys got off the ship. It was almost like I got to know your family through reading it. It looks like you had a great time but I am definitely feeling those cutbacks. I will also miss the shows as well as the invitation to the past guest party with drinks. Oh well :(.

I'm really looking forward to my cruise now, thanks for all the tips and ideas of fun things to do in port!

We are going on the same cruise leaving Sept 30th. In Belize we are dong the same tubing trip. Is there lockers to keep your dry cloths in?And about how long is the trip? Is the water deep? My boyfriend talked me into doing this and it looks like fun. But I do not swim and a little afraid of the water.

We are going on the same cruise leaving Sept 30th. In Belize we are dong the same tubing trip. Is there lockers to keep your dry cloths in?And about how long is the trip? Is the water deep? My boyfriend talked me into doing this and it looks like fun. But I do not swim and a little afraid of the water.

There are restroom facilities on site, but there were no lockers. However you can keep all of your belongings in the van. It is kept locked up and everything is safe in there.

It is about a one hour drive each way to the cave tubing park. Once you are there, it is about a 35-40 minute walk to get to the cave entrance. Once you enter the cave in your tube, you float through the cave for another 35 minutes. Once your exit the cave it was another 25 minutes to get back to the starting point. Also factor in some time it takes people to change or use the restroom, pick up inner tubes and get into gear, returning gear, etc. Altogether this whole excursion took approx. 5 1/2 hours from start to finish.

There are some deep areas in the river, but you really do not need to worry about that. You are wearing a life vest and the river is very slow moving. There are no rapids or rough water that would cause you tip over and out of your tube. So, relax and enjoy your tubing excursion. You are sure to have a good time!

Just finished your trip review. Love loved it!!!! We (me, DH, DD13 , DS10) leave on Sept. 30 on the same cruise. It's our 1st. I am so excited & anxious too. From the pics did your boys just wear khakis & polos or casual button downs @ dinner most nights? I am trying to start our packing this weekend.

Once again, thanks for a great trip review - great pics, awesome details.

Just finished your trip review. Love loved it!!!! We (me, DH, DD13 , DS10) leave on Sept. 30 on the same cruise. It's our 1st. I am so excited & anxious too. From the pics did your boys just wear khakis & polos or casual button downs @ dinner most nights? I am trying to start our packing this weekend.

Once again, thanks for a great trip review - great pics, awesome details.

Thank you for your comments. I am glad you found my review helpful. It is so exciting to hear that you will be leaving on your first cruise in another week--that is sooo awesome! Wish I could be going back.....!

On casual nights my boys typically wore long, light colored pants with either a sports shirt or colorful Hawaiian-type button down shirt. (The photo in post #182 depicts their typical casual wear). Khaki shorts and polo shirts are also acceptable.

If you have any more questions, or require any clarification with anything, just ask!

Have a wonderful and fantastic "legendary" cruise!

That is an excellent review! Thank you very much for posting it.

We're going on 9/30 and I was looking for excursion ideas. The last time we tried that itinerary Hurricane Paula kept us from getting to 3 of the 4 stops.

I'm sorry that it seems the singing Matre'd is no longer on the Legend. He sounded very much like Dean Martin. I like the waiter entertainment but he added so much more to the experience.

Looks like a lot of people reading the review are going on 9/30 too. Feel free to stop us and say hi if we cross paths.

The inflatable slides.

IMG_4618.jpg

Look out below!

DSCF0070.jpg

The inflatable Rockit.

DSCF0051.jpg

The Rockit was something like a bucking teeter-tooter. The challenge was to stay on and ride it. Even climbing on, was enough for the Rockit to fling its rider right into the sea!

rockit.png

The water trampoline.

DSCF0102.jpg

This will be our first time at Cozumel and thinking of going to Paradise. Is the water clear at paradise beach. Its my MIL first time ever going on a cruise and she is most looking forward to swimming in Clear see the bottom ocean. I don't want to disappoint my MIL. :)

This will be our first time at Cozumel and thinking of going to Paradise. Is the water clear at paradise beach. Its my MIL first time ever going on a cruise and she is most looking forward to swimming in Clear see the bottom ocean. I don't want to disappoint my MIL. :)

Sorry, to disappint your MIL, but the water at Paradise Beach is NOT crystal clear. You cannot see to the bottom of the ocean floor!

Hello! Loving your review but wanted to let you know that the pictures on posts #111 through #128 are not showing up. Hoping you can fix this :) as I would like to continue enjoying your wonderful pictures! Thanks!

Wow! That is really strange. I just checked those posts and sure enough the photos are not showing up--instead there is a message saying that these photo's have been moved or deleted. What is even more strange is that I have not moved or deleted any of those photos! I don't know if this is some glitch coming from the Photobucket account or not. If the pictures do not resume tomorrow I will repost those 17 posts with the photos again. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Edited by dz63

That is an excellent review! Thank you very much for posting it.

We're going on 9/30 and I was looking for excursion ideas. The last time we tried that itinerary Hurricane Paula kept us from getting to 3 of the 4 stops.

I'm sorry that it seems the singing Matre'd is no longer on the Legend. He sounded very much like Dean Martin. I like the waiter entertainment but he added so much more to the experience.

Looks like a lot of people reading the review are going on 9/30 too. Feel free to stop us and say hi if we cross paths.

The singing Matre'd is Ken Bryne. He is on the Breeze. I saw him on the Magic this past March and he is wonderful. You are so right that he sounds like Dean Martin. Can't wait to see him again on the Breeze in Jan.