"Live" (I hope) from Radiance - Sailing to Hawaii

PCWalton1

Off the ship and at the Marriott Waikiki Beach Resort. Was able to get our room at 9am, nice. We got the reservation through Priceline and it was for a city view but they gave us a free upgrade at the desk to an ocean view. This is what our $99 bought us. :D

huba6y7y.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Hi Bill and Marie,

Your "Live" review truly is wonderful! What a great job! Thanks for taking the time and sharing info, your perspective, and your beautiful, amazing photos :)

Our family did a 3-week land tour of Hawaii back in 2000. Friends of ours though did a Hawaiian cruise a year ago, saw their photos and they were awesome as well! We'd love to do a Hawaiian cruise too one of these days...

Best regards, and have safe journey home...

Just going to add a little from last night. It was the last night so we made sure we went to Main Dining to say our goodbyes. It was lobster night and we both had such cute little lobsters.

8020856059_d6276f11ef_c.jpg

8020861542_4d008a4522_c.jpg

Here is a shot of us with our great wait staff, our assistant waiter Sakthivel (on the left) and out waiter Ashley (on the right).

8020855471_c34cea00d3_c.jpg

That evening they were opening a brand new show. Bobby talked about it all during the cruise. It was produced by Mario and Daniel and the name of the show was "Tango Buenos Aires". I step up in from the usual production shows with great dancing, singing and music.

8020861172_11cf8e6731_c.jpg

8020855249_53d2f04f07_c.jpg

After that is was the final farewell from the crew.

8020861992_abbc41121d_c.jpg

I am a fellow Hawaii lover and NW lover and i am just in heaven seeing your cruise and stops..you get into Hawaii like I do and you love cruising and just know how to do it and share...this one from RCCL looks perfect and maybe a better deal...than roundtrips and more right for us..or me as case may be.

Thanks soo much for sharing...looking forward to trying this line....Sarah

Edited by sjn911

I am a fellow Hawaii lover and NW lover and i am just in heaven seeing your cruise and stops..you get into Hawaii like I do and you love cruising and just know how to do it and share...this one from RCCL looks perfect and maybe a better deal...than roundtrips and more right for us..or me as case may be.

Thanks soo much for sharing...looking forward to trying this line....Sarah

We love the setup for this cruise a well. And flights from Honolulu to Seattle were cheap.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Sorry for the very short notice but can you please tell me if cosmetics/skin care products are available on the ship at US prices.

Thank's for all the info, it has been a big help to us.

I can tell you. Yes, the perfumes and cosmetics are the same basic US prices. I know because I've looked and realized it's better for me to buy the Clinique products I like at home in FL because I can wait until they have the free giveaway with purchase and have a better deal than on the ship. That being said, if I needed something, I wouldn't feel like I was overpaying on the ship either.

Although while the ship was in Australia, I didn't look. There is a possibility that the prices are higher there. The prices on everything else was raised for the Australian market since it still meant it was a bargain for Aussies.

In the states and on the ships the Bijoux Turner items are always $10 per item. In Australia at the airports I noticed the same items are $20 AU per item. On the ship in Australia, the prices are raised to $12 US per item.

Gina

Since we going to be here in Waikiki, I thought I would upload a few pictures.

8021659469_1098b9b69b_c.jpg

View from our room here at the Mariott Waikiki Beach Resort. Posted the picture earlier but worth posting again. The one downside to the hotel is they charge for wifi. Sure is nice to have a phone I can use as a hot spot.

8021662150_dd2bff53fc_c.jpg

We bought a small assortment here.

8021662056_415abcbe5c_c.jpg

In case you did not get enough banyan trees in Maui

8021659101_f25b9943a3_c.jpg

For these two girls it looks like 'mission accomplished' or heaven forbid it has just begun.

8021658993_12a844e337_c.jpg

aah, a tourist's dreamland, or nightmare. Ever notice the prices are exactly the same in every shop in this place?

8021661676_19df9b2c59_c.jpg

This is your fault Bill and Marie....

I have just booked Honolulu to Sydney for 2013 and am .......this close to booking Vancouver to Honolulu.:)

What side of the ship is better for the Hawaii part of the cruise? Especially the night 'drive by' of the volcano?

Thanks

And I will miss you!:(

Raina

8021661556_70f11e0383_c.jpg

8021658621_a1b2aeef3d_c.jpg

8021658533_a6f4620403_c.jpg

We ate here for lunch. Typical Vietnamese food you find throughout the suburbs of Seattle.

8021658419_6edb5dec42_c.jpg

Grilled pork and shrimp for me, shrimp noodles for Marie. A little fish sauce and sriracha sauce and everything tastes good.

8021661078_3af559c659_z.jpg

Hanging out with Duke on Waikiki Beach

8021660936_e69c07dc5d_c.jpg

Bill & Marie:

Thank you for sharing your vacation with us. I looked forward daily to your pictures and captions. I have to admit I'll miss you:( You did a wonderful job taking all of us along.

Safe travels home.

Carol

Yes, special thanks from me as well, We WILL miss you. Best wishes for a speedy recovery following your knee op. Cheers, Kay

Thank you for letting us join your vacation! It was really fun to see what you were up to each day.

also a belated Thank you to Raina for identifying the Java Finch.

I leave for Hawaii in a little less than 4 months! We are going round trip from Long Beach CA in Jan via Carnival.

One question- you said Marie likes to go in every ABC store. Does that mean they all have different merchandise?

This is your fault Bill and Marie....

I have just booked Honolulu to Sydney for 2013 and am .......this close to booking Vancouver to Honolulu.:)

What side of the ship is better for the Hawaii part of the cruise? Especially the night 'drive by' of the volcano?

Thanks

And I will miss you!:(

Raina

Gee I wonder if Royal will give me a comission? :p

We were on the aft so it didn't matter. As for the volcano, the captain turns the ship around so both sides can see. We didn't see anything as we went to bed. :o I had been reading that for the past 4-5 months none of the lava was making it to the coast and I didn't hear anybody raving about it the next day so I have to believe there was nothing to see this time.