"Live" (I hope) from Radiance - Sailing to Hawaii

PCWalton1

Just got on the Avis shuttle to go get the car. It was a small van and a good size group so it was every man for himself getting on. Someone was complaining about waiting in line. We were there before all of them, we were just not foolish and were waiting in the shade. :D:p

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

This review is excellent, thank you so much for making my mind up to go next year.

Is it possible to cruise to hawaii from the west coast?

We will fly from UK so can get to just about anywhere to embark ship.

As it is a long way we would like to stay in honolulu post cruise but cant get any details from RCL uk website re cruise from west coast.

Any ideas please.

Looking at 2 weeks total in may or august 2013

Princess cruise lines has sailings from the West Coast to Hawaii. They go either from Los Angeles or San Francisco in 2013. Go to their website Princess.com and check it out. They don't do May or Aug. since that is the time they are in Alaska. They do sail from Sept. '12 to April '13. I know that Norwegian has a ship in Hawaii all year round but you would have to fly to Hawaii to meet the ship. That ship does a 7 day cruise.

When we went in Oct. '07 we sailed from San Diego. It was wonderful!! We went Royal Caribbean at that time on the Serenade of the Seas. It was a 15 day cruise.

I wish you luck finding a cruise. Hawaii is really "Paradise".

Carol

Great review, thanks.

We were booked on this one for September 2013, then they dropped Kauai from the itinerary so for that, and other reasons, we cancelled it. Still going over but now it'll be in an aluminum tube at 38000 feet !

P.S. Princess, Celebrity and HAL all offer Hawaii cruises from the west coast. NCL has round trips out of Honolulu.

Edited by pspercy

Great review, thanks.

We were booked on this one for September 2013, then they dropped Kauai from the itinerary so for that, and other reasons, we cancelled it. Still going over but now it'll be in an aluminum tube at 38000 feet !

P.S. Princess, Celebrity and HAL all offer Hawaii cruises from the west coast. NCL has round trips out of Honolulu.

This waiting in line at Avis. Actually I would have preferred the 2013 as it has an overnight in Maui

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

After that is was on to Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut farm. Checked out some of the process and even watching cookie making before grabbing a bite to eat there. Marie bought a twelve pack of 5oz boxes of the chocolate covered nuts for $32. She also got a bag of Hershey’s Kisses with macadamia nuts in them. I guess it is the only place you can buy them.

8007943159_3d90a68784_c.jpg

8007947466_3df16c9f66_c.jpg

8007943077_30e60e3801_z.jpg

Can I take this on the plane as my carryon?

8007942903_373c72c711_c.jpg

They were making macadamia nut cookies, yum

I found the prices high at the Mauna Loa store. You can get nuts cheaper at Walgreens. I only bought an ice cream cone which was to die for.

Edited by cruise pup

This review is excellent, thank you so much for making my mind up to go next year.

Is it possible to cruise to hawaii from the west coast?

We will fly from UK so can get to just about anywhere to embark ship.

As it is a long way we would like to stay in honolulu post cruise but cant get any details from RCL uk website re cruise from west coast.

Any ideas please.

Looking at 2 weeks total in may or august 2013

The cruises from LA or San Diego to Hawaii are roundtrip. One-way cruises are almost always repositioning ones, and those from the west coast (other than from Vancouver) would leave from Ensenada, Mexico rather than from a US port. RCI doesn't do any one-ways from Ensenada to Hawaii.

Edited by NancyIL