"Live" (I hope) from Radiance - Sailing to Hawaii

PCWalton1

I am enjoying following your cruise immensely. Our first trip to Hawaii will be this coming January. Thank you for posting all of this !

Do you happen to know the name of this little bird you photographed? - hopefully he will show in this message. He was the single gray bird with a puffin shaped head. In your post he was between the yellow birds and the dogs. I tried to use Google image search but nothing simular came up.

He is a Java Finch.

Raina

Loving the review. Keep up the good work.:)

Count me as another one who is very much enjoying your labor of love. As an amateur photographer who has not had the privilege of cruising the last several years, I am getting lost in just enjoying reliving my experiences through your pictures.

It has also been more than a dozen years since my one trip to Hawaii And that makes this trip even more fun for me even though I have not cruised there.

Just wanted to say thanks make sure you know how much your effort is appreciated and sharing is the best part.

Keep up the good work. And most importantly keep enjoying and keep posting as I will be enjoying with you your lovely wife. I feel almost as if we have actually cruised together.

:-)

Volcano House closed in 2010 Joan. :(http://www.volcanohousehotel.com/

And the very last resident Jack Thompson in the Royal Gardens housing tract had to move out in March of this year, because of an active flow: http://hawaiianlavadaily.blogspot.com/2012/03/jack-thompson-walks-his-lava-covered.html

I thought I had read not too long ago that it re-opened. It was a Sheraton when we stayed there! :eek: It was so cold in the morning but so hot during the day.

Bill, there was more steam during your drive through the park than what we saw! But it was so awesome, and my little film camera did not do any of my pictures justice.

Yes we are doing the 14-night New Zealand tour. Normally i could not do a tour down under, because the airfare from Germany is really expensive.

But I am going to do a semester abroad in New Zealand, so it is a great chance for my girlfriend and me to do the tour :)

And when I see your pictures I am getting even more excited! :) We are also staying in an aft cabin, therefore I love your balcony pictures! :D

The aft cabin is definitely the way to go. It is comfortable even at sea since you do not get as breezy as the side cabins.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Your doing a great job Bill! What were your impressions of the Samba Grill?

Hi Brett, looking forward to seeing you guys in March. Loved the Samba grill. Some amazing cuts of meat. Marie was not too keen on the "bloody" ones (anything rare is bloody to her) so she gave them to me. :D

But she had a great time and so did I so we still want to do it again on Allure.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

First it is rambutan and like a lychee it is a tropical fruit. Here is some info (be glad Marie is taking her time getting ready for Samba Grill tonight :p)

http://knowandenjoytropicalfruit.com/chapters/lychee-rambutan-longan/

Most of the pictures is with a Nikon D3000 with a Tamron 18-270mm lens. It allows me to look like I know what I am doing. :D

Thank you! And thank Marie for taking her time getting ready! :D

Sorry about misspelling - I copied and pasted so I wouldn't spell the names wrong, and must have missed the "r".....