2013 HAL drydock schedule

bobpell

Updated list with some additions, changes and a deletion (Noordam). Noordam will more than likely have a drydock in 2013

<SNIP>

Amsterdam - 05-17 DEC 2013 - San Francisco, CA

Standard maint.

Double awesome! First, a drydock in SF during the holidays so that I can visit her (like I need an excuse to be in SF for the holidays) AND a little spiffing up prior to my cruise in April 2014.

Thanks Copper :)

Double awesome! First, a drydock in SF during the holidays so that I can visit her (like I need an excuse to be in SF for the holidays) AND a little spiffing up prior to my cruise in April 2014.

Thanks Copper :)

SF is always nice to visit!;)

Updated list with some additions, changes and a deletion (Noordam). Noordam will more than likely have a drydock in 2013

Oosterdam - 05-18 DEC 2012 - Sydney/Garden Island, Australia

Standard maint. + propulsion

Statendam - 05-17 JAN 2013 - Freeport, the Bahamas

SOE #2 - 2nd phase w/o Retreat + aft cabins

Hi,

OOSterdam defenitely needs the '' propulsion'' aspect looked after...she's had an ailing pod almost all summer and struggled mightily to keep up her schedule this summer on the Alaska run.It was most obvious her maximum serviceable speed was simply not available and it showed mostly on day 5 into 6 with a constant late arrival in Victoria ( some calls became tehnical only with all shorex cancelled...)

As regards Statendam ,she defenitely needs propulsion attention as well.....Every sailaway since May 16th from Vancouver were, .....unconventionnal...let's say. Aft propulsion was never engaged and she would manoeuvre to the main Burrard Inlet main channel on bow thrusters power alone...with rare ''shots'' from the aft thrusters...and after what appeared to be an eternity, would finally make her 2 points turn, face forward ...THEN activate the aft propulsion apparatus and moved on quite normally. She managed to keep her schedule all summer ( with the exception of a couple of weather-related issues ) thus the ''issue'' was not hindering her overall dictate. But...coupled with a recent incident of total power outage, I think it's time she gets a weebit more than just '' normal maintenance'' and ''SOE''upgrades....

After all, she's getting a bit long in the tooth....

My opinion only

Cheers

Thanks for the update Copper10-8.

ourcruise777 posted that their Noordam cruise from 14 April to 6 May has been cancelled.

Do you know if that will be the dry dock?

Well Carol; she ends her last scheduled voyage on 22 MAR 13 in FLL, then starts her next one on 21 APR in Civitavecchia, Italy. That's a big gap! I suppose she could get into Freeport on 23 MAR for a week to ten days for drydock, Having said that, she's not going to sail empty across the Atlantic and Med to Italy after that. Could be a charter;)

Well Carol; she ends her last scheduled voyage on 22 MAR 13 in FLL, then starts her next one on 21 APR in Civitavecchia, Italy. That's a big gap! I suppose she could get into Freeport on 23 MAR for a week to ten days for drydock, Having said that, she's not going to sail empty across the Atlantic and Med to Italy after that. Could be a charter;)

We are booked on the March 22 transatlantic. We were just informed today that the destination has been changed from Barcelona to Rome, and we have been offered some compensation. HAL took our cruise off the website so they could make changes. This is going to disappoint some people that were scheduled an extended cruise after the crossing! I posted on their roll call, but I don't think they check it often. I'm so glad we didn't get our air tickets. Everything about our cruise will stay the same except the final port. I guess the Trevi Fountain really works.

We are booked on the March 22 transatlantic. We were just informed today that the destination has been changed from Barcelona to Rome, and we have been offered some compensation. HAL took our cruise off the website so they could make changes. This is going to disappoint some people that were scheduled an extended cruise after the crossing! I posted on their roll call, but I don't think they check it often. I'm so glad we didn't get our air tickets. Everything about our cruise will stay the same except the final port. I guess the Trevi Fountain really works.

Enjoy your NODM cruise & crossing! Oh, and keep tossing coins in Trevi!;)

What date will you be arriving in Rome?

What is the revised itinerary?

I hate acronyms. :) What does "SOE No. 2" stand for. We'll be on the Statendam later next year.

SOE 2 is phase 2 of HAL's Signature of Excellence program of enhancements.

According to wikipedia

In 2003, Holland America announced its "Signature of Excellence" program. The ongoing program focuses on upgrading existing ships. The first phase included adding the Pinnacle Grill specialty restaurant, the Neptune Lounge (for suite guests), the Culinary Arts Center with demonstration kitchen, expanded children’s and teens’ facilities, enhanced stateroom amenities, and improved dining and enrichment offerings.

The second phase of improvements (announced in 2008) adds a new bar lounge area called Mix, the Showroom at Sea show lounge/nightclub, the Retreat resort pool area with pizzeria and LED screen and the complimentary Canaletto Italian restaurant among other enhancements.

After doing the Veendam and Rotterdam, HAL have decided to exclude changing the sea view aft pool to a Retreat area. This is what Copper means when he says w/o Retreat + aft cabins

SOE 2 is phase 2 of HAL's Signature of Excellence program of enhancements.

According to wikipedia

In 2003, Holland America announced its "Signature of Excellence" program. The ongoing program focuses on upgrading existing ships. The first phase included adding the Pinnacle Grill specialty restaurant, the Neptune Lounge (for suite guests), the Culinary Arts Center with demonstration kitchen, expanded children’s and teens’ facilities, enhanced stateroom amenities, and improved dining and enrichment offerings.

The second phase of improvements (announced in 2008) adds a new bar lounge area called Mix, the Showroom at Sea show lounge/nightclub, the Retreat resort pool area with pizzeria and LED screen and the complimentary Canaletto Italian restaurant among other enhancements.

After doing the Veendam and Rotterdam, HAL have decided to exclude changing the sea view aft pool to a Retreat area. This is what Copper means when he says w/o Retreat + aft cabins

Thanks. I'd figured out the Retreat thing - I'd read that lots of folks weren't happy about it.

I gather that Noordam will drydock in the Fincanteri yard in Palermo for 2 weeks in April.

This is the same yard where the first 3 Vista class went and had the extra cabins put on the back. I wonder if this means something will be added to the Noordam?

I gather that Noordam will drydock in the Fincanteri yard in Palermo for 2 weeks in April.

This is the same yard where the first 3 Vista class went and had the extra cabins put on the back. I wonder if this means something will be added to the Noordam?

Good catch !! It's a good question. Would make sense.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know where the Noordam will be for most of July? We board in Barcelona on 24th July. There doesn't seem to be any cruises between between 19th June and 24th July. Is it possibly a dry dock??...or maybe a charter?

Does anyone know where the Noordam will be for most of July? We board in Barcelona on 24th July. There doesn't seem to be any cruises between between 19th June and 24th July. Is it possibly a dry dock??...or maybe a charter?

I've heard April 8-20 2013 but that can alway change.

Archived