Cloud 9 Spa Room Questions

meowmix06

Ok, so has anyone actually booked and stayed in a cloud 9 spa room? I don't want a list from the Carnival website that says what's included. I'd like a first hand account of the different things you actually get. As far as I can tell, a different soap isn't exactly worth buying the package for. Being VIP you get priority spa bookings anyway. Other than the unlimited use of the Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite, I can't see much benefit to having a Spa room. I was just wondering if the things listed on the Carnival website pretty much give you the best "incentives" that come with booking this room. Thanks in advance!

Ok, so has anyone actually booked and stayed in a cloud 9 spa room?

I have, on the Splendor. Loved it enough to book again.

What we loved about the spa cabin...

1. the location is much quieter than the other areas of the ship we've booked

2. non-smoking area (initially we loved that there would have never been smoking inside the cabin - that smell lingers long after the smokers have left - but I think that's all cabins now)

3. the decor inside the cabin is a bit more serene and prettier

4. access to the t-pool and multiple steam, sauna, relaxation rooms - which we took full advantage of

The other goodies...slippers, ginormous terrycloth robes, 2 free exercise classes each: were "nice" but nothing earth shaking. The special aroma oriented body wash, lotion, and pillow spray were a nice touch.

I think, just like all cabin choices (inside, ov, balcony, suite), cruise line choices, even itinerary, it is all a matter of preference and whether it is worth the additional cost(s) to the user. We don't spend money at the bar, or doing expensive excursions. We like the spa area, and so for us it has been worth the expense (actually only about $50 p/p more total vs a regular balcony on the same sailing). On our last Splendor trip the spa balcony was actually less expensive than the original balcony cabin we'd booked, so we "upgraded" to see what it would be like.

:p

I have, on the Splendor. Loved it enough to book again.

What we loved about the spa cabin...

1. the location is much quieter than the other areas of the ship we've booked

2. non-smoking area (initially we loved that there would have never been smoking inside the cabin - that smell lingers long after the smokers have left - but I think that's all cabins now)

3. the decor inside the cabin is a bit more serene and prettier

4. access to the t-pool and multiple steam, sauna, relaxation rooms - which we took full advantage of

The other goodies...slippers, ginormous terrycloth robes, 2 free exercise classes each: were "nice" but nothing earth shaking. The special aroma oriented body wash, lotion, and pillow spray were a nice touch.

I think, just like all cabin choices (inside, ov, balcony, suite), cruise line choices, even itinerary, it is all a matter of preference and whether it is worth the additional cost(s) to the user. We don't spend money at the bar, or doing expensive excursions. We like the spa area, and so for us it has been worth the expense (actually only about $50 p/p more total vs a regular balcony on the same sailing). On our last Splendor trip the spa balcony was actually less expensive than the original balcony cabin we'd booked, so we "upgraded" to see what it would be like.

:p

Thank you, I was wondering if there were discounts or anything other than what they list. Obviously they would want to list the BEST features of upgrading. And, all the other posts about them have just been members posting the quoted list from Carnival, which I'd already found/read. We might have to slurge this once and try it out.

Booked a spa cabin on the dream last November and loved it!! I picked Cabin 11212. did not want 11208 due it being a handicapped cabin room and didnt like the room layout. Things i loved the most.

* When i stay in hotels i like high floors so wanted to book a cabin as high on the ship as possible

* right out my door to the right was a huge balcony which no one was never there.

* a quick walk down the hallway and i was at the gathering where the pasta bar was. (my fav place to eat)

* "private" elevator to serenity

notice i said nothing about the "spa features" that is because they were irrelevant to me and my brother. we did do the included class well because it was free. and we used the thalasso pool once. i booked the cabin for its location on the ship. all the spa stuff was extra. hth

Our 10/21 sailing on the Magic will be our third spa cabin.

Loved it for all the reasons already listed - and agree that the cabin "amenities" did not drive the decision - unlimited access to the spa facilities, the atmosphere of the location, quietness, etc - DID. So much so that we booked the Magic out of Galveston when I could have booked us at my employee rate on the Disney Magic - DH is a self-confessed Thalasso addict.

If you don't think you're really going to take advantage of the unlimited access to the facilities? It might not be worth the extra $$$.

Is unlimited access to the spa facilities only if you have a balcony room or also if you have inside spa room?

Benefits are for all spa cabins. Inside and balcony. We booked the spa cabin for our december cruise on the Splendor, am really excited, because of the Therm Pool and the the placing of the cabins. More quiet then other areas.

I planned on purchasing the spa package when I got on the ship which is $250 per couple. On this cruise coming up in a week for me to upgrade from a regular balcony on the lowest level to a Spa balcony was only $170 extra for the cabin. So they way I look at it is I saved $80 AND got a better quieter location.

Our 10/21 sailing on the Magic will be our third spa cabin.

Loved it for all the reasons already listed - and agree that the cabin "amenities" did not drive the decision - unlimited access to the spa facilities, the atmosphere of the location, quietness, etc - DID. So much so that we booked the Magic out of Galveston when I could have booked us at my employee rate on the Disney Magic - DH is a self-confessed Thalasso addict.

If you don't think you're really going to take advantage of the unlimited access to the facilities? It might not be worth the extra $$$.

OK, so now I'm curious. My DH and I are booked on the Breeze in December. We've always been balcony cruisers, we were actually at spa level on the Glory last year but it wasn't considered anything "extra" above a balcony cabin, but this time I decided to splurge on the spa cabin...I have never even stepped foot in a spa on a cruise but this Thalassomonopolohoooha pool has piqued my interest and I love being in a quiet part of the boat, and the non-smoking (balcony) thing is a huge plus. So...what is the Thalasoomonopolohoooha pool exactly? Like, is it a hot tub with minerals in it or? How would you describe it to a lay person that has never seen one?

OK, so now I'm curious. My DH and I are booked on the Breeze in December. We've always been balcony cruisers, we were actually at spa level on the Glory last year but it wasn't considered anything "extra" above a balcony cabin, but this time I decided to splurge on the spa cabin...I have never even stepped foot in a spa on a cruise but this Thalassomonopolohoooha pool has piqued my interest and I love being in a quiet part of the boat, and the non-smoking (balcony) thing is a huge plus. So...what is the Thalasoomonopolohoooha pool exactly? Like, is it a hot tub with minerals in it or? How would you describe it to a lay person that has never seen one?

Thats what it is and yes you will be in a quieter part of the ship, hopefully because you cant pick your neighbors, and the t pool is never crowded and its very relaxing. Enjoy.

Ok, so has anyone actually booked and stayed in a cloud 9 spa room? I don't want a list from the Carnival website that says what's included. I'd like a first hand account of the different things you actually get. As far as I can tell, a different soap isn't exactly worth buying the package for. Being VIP you get priority spa bookings anyway. Other than the unlimited use of the Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite, I can't see much benefit to having a Spa room. I was just wondering if the things listed on the Carnival website pretty much give you the best "incentives" that come with booking this room. Thanks in advance!

We have had a spa balcony on both our cruises on the Magic. Nicer robes, slippers, Elemis Toiletries and use of the Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal suite and I think maybe 1 class are all you get. But the reason we booked it was solely for the non-smoking aspect. We knew we would be able to use our balcony the entire trip (and boy did we ever) and not have to worry about smokers on either side of us. The difference in price between the balcony location would have found acceptable and the spa balcony was only $15.00 each on a senior rate.

Here is a small picture of it.

P1070240c.jpg.abe985800a8051f31cc6fc3063c64e57.jpg

I was on the "Magic" last New Year's and I happened upon the T- pool while exploring the Serenity deck. Couldn't go in beacause i didn't have a SPA package but it looked like it was longer than any of the pools on the exterior decks, it was covered by a clear canopy and not crowded in any way. If the Set up on the "BREEZE" is the same I will be swimming some early morning laps in this monster sized "HOT TUB" com 12-16-2012 out of Miami! Can't wait!

I was on the "Magic" last New Year's and I happened upon the T- pool while exploring the Serenity deck. Couldn't go in beacause i didn't have a SPA package but it looked like it was longer than any of the pools on the exterior decks, it was covered by a clear canopy and not crowded in any way. If the Set up on the "BREEZE" is the same I will be swimming some early morning laps in this monster sized "HOT TUB" com 12-16-2012 out of Miami! Can't wait!

You get on the day I get off, so I'll test it out for ya :)

Use of the T-pool, have certain advantages. No chlorine, no children, never crowded.

Use of a variety of steam rooms (warm and hot), warm tiled loungers overlooking a wall of glass and the ocean which is very, very relaxing.

The shower area is much larger than the stateroom bath, and offers big towels, strong hair dryers and a reasonable amount of privacy. Works very well if you are sharing your cabin with more than one person or have a partner who spends a lot of time in the bathroom. ;)

If you chose an inside cabin, there is an almost private deck just steps away at the stern of the ship.

If you chose a balcony, make sure to look at the deck plan for the gym floor above. Don't pick a cabin with the treadmills above. We were awakened to early exercises most mornings on the Dream.

All cabins are closer to Serenity.

Edited by iceleven

I'll be in a spa cabin on the Dream in less than two weeks. We upgraded from a Deluxe OV to a Spa OV for $3.60. We're in one of the gigantic handicapped cabins on the 11th floor, with the semi-private balcony. I'm extremely excited about the T-pool and the oversized cabin. This forum lacks detailed Cloud 9 Spa reviews, so I plan to take lots of photos and write a comprehensive review when I get back.

I'll be in a spa cabin on the Dream in less than two weeks. We upgraded from a Deluxe OV to a Spa OV for $3.60. We're in one of the gigantic handicapped cabins on the 11th floor, with the semi-private balcony. I'm extremely excited about the T-pool and the oversized cabin. This forum lacks detailed Cloud 9 Spa reviews, so I plan to take lots of photos and write a comprehensive review when I get back.

Please do! I am considering booking a SPA OV because DH had safety concerns regarding a balcony cabin but given the deck level and the railing on the semi private balcony I would think think this option would make him more uncomfortable. I couldn't find any pictures that gave me a feel for what the room looks like or the balcony area.

You can check out the pics & detailed description in my Magic review here. The pics are in post # 18. My description is in post # 3.

My mom loved the Thalasoomonopolohoooha pool.:) I enjoyed it, but the therapy rooms were my favorite. There were 4. 2 were hot and very steamy, 1 of the 2 had an oceanview, but the windows were always steamy. There was one room that was pretty mildly warm, and another room inbetween the 2 temperatures. Both of those rooms had a nice view of the ocean. They were very relaxing, and all had different scents in them. I would keep moving around to the different rooms. Since being home, I found a couple soaps with scents like were in those rooms, and had to get them. There was a "shower" around the corner in the mild room (1-person, not private) that was mainly to rinse off. It had a few different settings: overhead, from the sides, and even a nice scented mist. We paid $100 in total for the upgrade, and it was certainly worth it for that, especially since we had a crowded Spring Break ship, and it was nice to escape the crowds.

Please do! I am considering booking a SPA OV because DH had safety concerns regarding a balcony cabin but given the deck level and the railing on the semi private balcony I would think think this option would make him more uncomfortable. I couldn't find any pictures that gave me a feel for what the room looks like or the balcony area.

We wanted to book the Spa OV but since there are only 2 of us for this cruise we were told that we would be able to book it unless we had 3 or more so we chose the Spa Inside Cabin.

We purchassed a Balcony Guarantee on the Conquest and were given a Spa Balcony. I have 2 questions FOR THE CONQUEST specifically:

1) Is the balcony on the spa cabins ON THE CONQUEST a covered one or open to the sky/sun?

2) Are the Spa perks ON THE CONQUEST the same as some of the newer, bigger ships? (e.g. special aroma amenities or big fluffy bathrobes).

The info on the Carnival website about these spa cabins on the Conquest made me think that there are fewer plusses on this class ship for these cabins. Hopefully I'm wrong!

I don't know what you mean about "buying the package". Our spa balcony cabin on the Magic last summer was only a class up or $50 more than the next balcony class.

It also included two gym classes per person and balconies were smoke free. We enjoyed unlimited use of the T-Pool and thermal suite. If you don't like what comes with the cabin, why are interested in booking it?