Stormy weather Carnival Legend Sept 23

citygirl62

Hi, all. Will be leaving for our cruise to the Western Caribbean on Sept 23. My granddaughter has been so worried about hurricanes (looks like it's not going to be an issue) that I forgot to check the weather in port.

So now I see Cancun -T-storms

Belize - scattered T-storms

Roatan - T-storms sun mix

Gr. Cayman- Scatterd T-storms

I am assuming we will still go into port but what happens to some of the excursions I've booked? Will we still be able to do the Sting Ray tour? I didn't book it through Carnival. Also, the Manatee encounter with Dolphin Discovery. They don't give a refund only a credit it seems. Tabyana is through Carnival so don't know what'll happen with that yet.:(

Boo hoo! I've been to Florida many times and experienced incredible storms that pass quickly and it's back to sunny skies again. Hoping for that same pattern for my cruise.

Hi, all. Will be leaving for our cruise to the Western Caribbean on Sept 23. My granddaughter has been so worried about hurricanes (looks like it's not going to be an issue) that I forgot to check the weather in port.

So now I see Cancun -T-storms

Belize - scattered T-storms

Roatan - T-storms sun mix

Gr. Cayman- Scatterd T-storms

I am assuming we will still go into port but what happens to some of the excursions I've booked? Will we still be able to do the Sting Ray tour? I didn't book it through Carnival. Also, the Manatee encounter with Dolphin Discovery. They don't give a refund only a credit it seems. Tabyana is through Carnival so don't know what'll happen with that yet.:(

Boo hoo! I've been to Florida many times and experienced incredible storms that pass quickly and it's back to sunny skies again. Hoping for that same pattern for my cruise.

Most storms in the tropics only last a few minutes. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Scattered thunderstorms are normal for the Caribbean; they are often in the forecast. Unless there is a major storm system most likely if it rains it will only be for a short period of time. Rain is not likely to impact your excursions or the ship making it to the port calls. As another poster mentioned, Grand Cayman is the most missed port; also at times even when the ship is able to make the call, water based excursions might still be cancelled. I have booked swimming with the sting rays three times in Grand Cayman and unfortunately it was cancelled each time! Hopefully the 4th time will be a charm.

Scattered T-Storms are almost a daily forecast in many of the islands. Most of the time when they do happen it is late afternoon or early evening when it has little effect on port days. It is just part of being in the tropics.

Hank

You are still days before you cruise. The weather people are wrong so often. They have been predicting that we were to have had storms and rain for the last 2 weeks -- finally made see some tomorrow.

Grand Cayman may be a problem as that is a tender port. If is choppy, some of the ships go to the back side of the island to anchor. Some ships skip the port.

Archived