Kudos to Carnival

bearnuts

I don't have a problem with people being turned away if they're not dressed according to the dress code; this information is readily available. But I don't care what others wear and am not about to complain if they're not dressing according to the dress code.

If you make a condition it should be enforced or you should remove the condition. If Carnival wants to set a dress code for their dining room, it is their right. However, if they do not want to enforce it they should not have a dress code.

If I disagree with the rule, I can eat somewhere else, not sail Carnival or do my best to get the condition changed.

I’m not a sun lover so I could not care less about getting a deck chair but I still the 30 minute rule should be enforced. I don’t smoke but I also don’t mind being around smokers however they should smoke where it is designated.

It drives me crazy when conditions are not enforced. If it alright to break this rule why shouldn’t I also ignore that rule. It is my vacation, I paid for it and I will wear what I want regardless is an uncivilized attitude.

I do not “notice” things like clothing, weight, décor. So what you wear won’t ruin my vacation. But I am happy to hear that Carnival is enforcing their own conditions.

I would like to see Carnival enforce all the rules. Looking at some guys hairy armpits is not very appetizing. I see nothing wrong with telling them to go put a shirt on.

Amen.... I sure do not want to be eating with someone who looks like they are smuggling Chubaka under each arm....

talk about a health hazard....you don't want to find one of those "hairs" in your soup....

the shame is that the clientele has to be told to cover up the hairy arm pits in the first place....

the shame is that the clientele has to be told to cover up the hairy arm pits in the first place....

It is Carnival, after all; you shouldn't be surprised.

Sorry...last cruise was on RCI. Got used to the denigrating of Carnival cruisers on the RCI board. :)

I didn't know there was a dress code for lunch... and is that breakfast also ? I don't care either way.. wish when most guys have dress shirts and long slacks at dinner in the MDR .. and in comes the shorts and Tee shirts... Be asked to leave until dressed as the night calls for.:o

Sorry...last cruise was on RCI. Got used to the denigrating of Carnival cruisers on the RCI board. :)

Carnival is going to be the first cruiseline that needs to tell their clientele that they cannot wear underwear as outerwear. Mark my words.

Just off the Pride yesterday,saw quite a few people being turned away from main dining room for sleeveless t-shirts at lunch.

Brian

I know dress code is far more relaxed than in the past, but sleeveless t shirts have gone too far. It's not asking too much to put on something with sleeves and avoid the hairy armpit syndrome. It's just plain ugly.

I also feel it's disrespectful to dress like that in a more formal setting where you are being treated nicely. There has to be a line drawn somewhere, or before long you'll see swim trunks.

I do not remember the people on RCL looking any better than Carnival people and I do not see why you thought that was funny to put on the Carnival board.

I only use the dining rooms in the evening but noticed on my cruise two weeks ago on the Fascination that wearing nothing but a swimsuit has become a common thing inside the Lido buffet. I'm all for relaxed dress codes but I'd never enter any eatery (even on the pool deck of a cruise ship) unless I had on a shirt and shoes. That's just me. There were some great sights though :D ......and some not-so-great sights :eek:

But seriously, I'd like to see dress codes enforced a bit more in all dining venues. Carnival is so relaxed as it is that I don't see how someone couldn't comfortably adhere without crying "It's MY vacation! I'll do what I want!"

I could care less what anyone else wears on their vacation. It has no effect on my personal enjoyment of my vacation. Not really sure why it even bothers some people.

My feelings exactly. I cannot for the life of me understand why so many people care what I wear. Do they get upset if they see someone dressed in shorts, sleeveless t-shirts when they go to O'Charlies or Outback? I 'm on vacation and don't want to dress up for dinner much less lunch. Get a life and enjoy your cruise...

To the original poster......hopefully we never cruise together because I wear shorts to the dining room at dinner time :eek: OMG I know. Let the bashing begin.......I look at it this way. I paid for MY vacation and I am going to wear what makes me comfortable :p

To the original poster......hopefully we never cruise together because I wear shorts to the dining room at dinner time :eek: OMG I know. Let the bashing begin.......I look at it this way. I paid for MY vacation and I am going to wear what makes me comfortable :p

The difference being nice shorts are allowed except on "elegant night" I wear shorts as well but never a t-shirt, a shirt with a collar and sleeves.

Why would the OP or anyone bash you for that? Shorts are allowed except on elegant night. Sleeveless shirts are not and that was what the OP posted about.

But don't forget when YOU booked your cruise ..it said there would be formal nights in the MDR. and YOU booked it RIGHT ? Now that you are there its like screw you.. I will wear what I want now !! I also am glad I am not cruising with you .. Maybe next time you will feel that you paid enought already and will just break whatever other rule you knew was there before YOU BOOKED with them....

And when you booked your cruise ( all of them ) you knew there would be a formal night too right ??? so you agreed to the dining dress code when you paid !!! its only after you get there you can decide the hell with it right ? I hope when you say you wear shorts to dinner , you don't mean formal night too ?

But shorts are allowed in the MDR except on Formal nights. The OP was not talking about shorts. Only about the sleeveless t-shirts. My husband and father both wear nice shorts to the MDR most nights.

Archived