Super Mario

pspercy

• 1 year later...
Where is Mario currently sailing?

I know he was on Independence in April but Liberty is currently in Europe.

In the past, he has been on Majesty when Liberty was based away from Florida.

Where is Mario currently sailing?

I know he was on Independence in April but Liberty is currently in Europe.

Mario is on the Vision of the Seas all summer. He got off June 9th to do his free cruise on the Freedom and has every cruise on the Vision booked until September. Can't remember were he said he would be going for his fall and winter cruises. I'll be seeing him again on the August 19th Vision to Bermuda.

Hotel Director Franz has been putting (or maybe it has already happened) the plans together to celebrate his 500th cruise this summer on the Vision.

Edited by Tagsalong

How the heck does he find time to find a companion to bring onboard, which I would guess is someone he hasn't met on a previous cruise LOL

Sounds like he is living his dream!

Not too many people can say that!

Enjoy Mario!

I have had the opportunity to sail with Mario on several occasions, and as others have said, he is very down to earth, and really enjoys life, along with his cigars! You will find Mario, if you are sailing on the ship that he is aboard in his "office" which is on the pool deck, at the smoking area.

Mario, we may have to put off our bet on the oysters for another year, but the bet is still on!!:D:D

Rick

If I calculated correctly 500 7-day cruises works out to almost 10 years at sea? Impressive for a passenger.

Realize the numbers are off. He still has the most points but it's not 500 seven day cruises. In the past he (and many others) received two cruise credits on a three night cruise in a Junior suite, which was converted to 14 points aka nights at sea after the conversion.

So 3 nights at seas is counted as 14 nights at sea.

Even with the numbers off and the recalculation of points, its very impressive to say the least! I cant even imagine the money it would take to cruise as much as he does.

If I ever were to hit the lottery, Id give it my best shot though!

On my last chat with Mario on the Independence 2 weeks before the TA this year he said he has over 4000 C&A points , cruises 350 days of the year, will be on the Vision for the summer and his" new" favorite ship is the Independence.

Nice, amiable fellow to converse with and he is rather forthcoming with all cruisers.

We have had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with Mario, very down to earth and friendly person. Many times we have seen how people will just walk up to him and ask him for a photo...he really is a great guy.

I love seeing him in the RC commercials and promo ads... I think he is a great ambassador for RC.

He has it figured out....to live on a ship all year round.....awesome!

Cheers to the No.1 cruiser on RC!

Nos vemos en Septiembre Mario! :D

Roberto y Ana de Malaga!

On my last chat with Mario on the Independence 2 weeks before the TA this year he said he has over 4000 C&A points , cruises 350 days of the year, will be on the Vision for the summer and his" new" favorite ship is the Independence.

Nice, amiable fellow to converse with and he is rather forthcoming with all cruisers.

Just an FYI, Mario reached his 4000th point in February of 2013.

If you would like a shot of his cabin door, showing that celebration, I'm happy to oblige.

Rick

• 3 weeks later...

I glad someone resurrected this thread. I had read it when it was originally posted in 2012, but at that time I had never sailed with Mario. I had the pleasure of sailing with him on both the Independence and the Liberty this year, and he is a real class act. My first encounter with him was when I came in second to him in C&A Trivia. I congratulated him, and he said thanks and introduced himself as Mario. I'm sure it sounded pretty dumb, but all I could say was "as in Super Mario?" He just chuckled and said he was guilty.

Thom

Mario is on the Vision of the Seas all summer. He got off June 9th to do his free cruise on the Freedom and has every cruise on the Vision booked until September. Can't remember were he said he would be going for his fall and winter cruises. I'll be seeing him again on the August 19th Vision to Bermuda.

Hotel Director Franz has been putting (or maybe it has already happened) the plans together to celebrate his 500th cruise this summer on the Vision.

Tagsalong; Just a heads up! If you wait til the 19th to board we will be well on our way to Bermuda. We depart the 18th ;) See you on board :)

When is Mario's 500th?

We have had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with Mario, very down to earth and friendly person. Many times we have seen how people will just walk up to him and ask him for a photo...he really is a great guy.

I love seeing him in the RC commercials and promo ads... I think he is a great ambassador for RC.

He has it figured out....to live on a ship all year round.....awesome!

Cheers to the No.1 cruiser on RC!

Nos vemos en Septiembre Mario! :D

Roberto y Ana de Malaga!

Hi Robert and Ana,

I know you are trying a way to stay on all year. Hope both of you are doing well. Hope to see you next year on Serenade or Jewel.

Karen

Hi Robert and Ana,

I know you are trying a way to stay on all year. Hope both of you are doing well. Hope to see you next year on Serenade or Jewel.

Karen

We had a great time on the Radiance....we also hope to see you on the Serenade...I really want to visit New Orleans....but love the Canada run too....maybe we will have to do both....:eek:

Enjoy your summer and congrats on the soon to be Pin...hope you get your name first!

All the best!

R & A :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...