Le Cirque

wacogirl

To avoid confusion......

Le Cirque is served one night in Pinnacle Restaurant on all the HAL ships. It is not a separate restaurant.

Worth it?

We had a lovely evening. Four of us dined and enjoyed and had a wonderful evening but I don't know we'd do it again and again but I suggest trying it at least once. We enjoyed the chateaubriand.... that was delicious IMO

We consider it a waste of time and money, especially compared to the normal Pinnacle Grill menu - or to the often very , very good Cellar Master's Dinner.

On our last cruise we didn't have a Cellar Master's dinner -- instead we had Chef Rudi's Tasting dinner -- on the Amsterdam it was held in the back room of the Pinnacle. It was worth the $89 per person.

I experienced the Le Cirque dinner last month on the Zuiderdam and thought it was well worth $39. The same dinner at Le Cirque in New York would be $150+, so this was a great opportunity I thought. This pictures was the salad course!

1382852195_AlaskaCruise060.jpg.7c2dcbe7a20188efbcc82ac73f8d5273.jpg

We've had the Le Cirque dinner several times on the Zuiderdam and felt it was well worth the price at $39.You can also choose to do the wine pairings with this dinner, ofcourse it raises the price a bit.

They only do the Master Chef dinner which is different then Le Cirque, on the longer cruises. We just did the one on the Amsterdam and it was outstanding. It is an 8 course dinner with wine pairings. Certainly worth the price of $89., but you have to sign up for it early as there were only 14 spots. Here's the menu we had:

Goose Liver, Avocado, Raspberry Kaffir Vinaigrette

paired with Chateau Ste. Michelle & Dr. Loosen Eroica Riseling

Frappe of Lobster and Porcini Bisque

Potato Crusted Mustard Seed Black Cod with Caviar

paired with Beringer Napa Valley Chardonnay, California

Lime candied Ginger Granite

Duo of Veal " Maitre Cuisinier De France", Black Truffle, Peal Onion and Pureed Artichokes

paired with Banfi Brunello Di Montalcino, Italy

Dialogue of Chocolate Seduction

paired with Errazuriz Sauvignon Blanc Late Harvest, Chile.

Assortments of Artisan Cheeses and Fruit Compote

Grahams' Six Grape Port, Portugal

Coffee and Friandises.

The service for this dinner was superb. We did another one of these on the Westerdam, though it was wonderful, the Amsterdam was better and the staff at the Pinnacle Grill was awesome. Here are the ladies of the Amsterdam Pinnacle,

556612_4760071363752_655022584_n.jpg

We've had the Le Cirque dinner several times on the Zuiderdam and felt it was well worth the price at $39.You can also choose to do the wine pairings with this dinner, ofcourse it raises the price a bit.

They only do the Master Chef dinner which is different then Le Cirque, on the longer cruises. We just did the one on the Amsterdam and it was outstanding. It is an 8 course dinner with wine pairings. Certainly worth the price of $89., but you have to sign up for it early as there were only 14 spots. Here's the menu we had:

Goose Liver, Avocado, Raspberry Kaffir Vinaigrette

paired with Chateau Ste. Michelle & Dr. Loosen Eroica Riseling

Frappe of Lobster and Porcini Bisque

Potato Crusted Mustard Seed Black Cod with Caviar

paired with Beringer Napa Valley Chardonnay, California

Lime candied Ginger Granite

Duo of Veal " Maitre Cuisinier De France", Black Truffle, Peal Onion and Pureed Artichokes

paired with Banfi Brunello Di Montalcino, Italy

Dialogue of Chocolate Seduction

paired with Errazuriz Sauvignon Blanc Late Harvest, Chile.

Assortments of Artisan Cheeses and Fruit Compote

Grahams' Six Grape Port, Portugal

Coffee and Friandises.

The service for this dinner was superb. We did another one of these on the Westerdam, though it was wonderful, the Amsterdam was better and the staff at the Pinnacle Grill was awesome. Here are the ladies of the Amsterdam Pinnacle,

556612_4760071363752_655022584_n.jpg

I think that is the same menu that we had -- I recognize many of the items.

Wish I had remembered to have taken my camera and taken pictures. I see some new faces among the Pinnacle ladies.

We were also served champagne and appetizers out at the Wine Bar before we went in to dinner.

Krazy Kruisers re your Post 11 & Pathfinder re your Post no. 10..

Is this the Le Cirque menu or the Master Chef's Menu?:confused: If it's not Le Cirque do either of you have a Le Cirque menu?

We're going with Friends on the Noordam in Nov & it might be nice for the four of us to celebrate their Anniversary in either Le Cirque or just in the Pinnacle with the normal menu..

Our DH's are strictly meat & potatoes Men & would like to check with them after we all see the Le Cirque menu..

Thanks..Betty

Just wondering--has anyone ever eaten in the Le Cirque restaurant on the Zuiderdam? Is it worth the extra charge?

Not on the Zuiderdam, but we did Le Cirque on our last cruise. For me it was the lowpoint of an otherwise excellent cruise. (That includes getting up at 3:30AM for disembarkation to take the bus from Quebec to Montreal.) LOL.

My lobster salad had no flavor at all and the lobster was dripping ice water. After tasting I sent it away. The Rack of Lamb was overcooked and cut fresh out of the oven so, as Chef Ramsey would say "All of the goodness has drained out".

My dinner partner's meal was fine.

I do have to admit, the custard dessert was absolutely phenomenal, but I wouldn't suffer through another Le Cirque meal to get a 2nd portion.

I know the above all sounds bad, and honestly I'm NOT a very picky eater. But when something is billed as being sooooo good, it should at least be edible.

Many, many other people have had terrific experiences at Le Cirque - so in all likelyhood you'll have a better experience than I did.

Krazy Kruisers re your Post 11 & Pathfinder re your Post no. 10..

Is this the Le Cirque menu or the Master Chef's Menu?:confused: If it's not Le Cirque do either of you have a Le Cirque menu?

We're going with Friends on the Noordam in Nov & it might be nice for the four of us to celebrate their Anniversary in either Le Cirque or just in the Pinnacle with the normal menu..

Our DH's are strictly meat & potatoes Men & would like to check with them after we all see the Le Cirque menu..

Thanks..Betty

Betty,

The one they posted above is the Master Chef Menu.

The Le Cirque Menu can be found in the second post in this thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1685508

Betty,

The one they posted above is the Master Chef Menu.

The Le Cirque Menu can be found in the second post in this thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1685508

Appreciate that Maxout..Both sound delicious to me...:) Did a copy & Paste of both menu's & plan to talk to the others..

Thanks again..Betty

Thanks to KK we have the Le Cirque menu:

Appetizers:

Lobster Cocktail - poached lobster with haricot vert and citrus

Le Trio - caviar, smoked salmon and Pate foie gras

Caesar Salad - interpretation of the classical salad

Soup:

Butternut Squash with Huckleberries - with sage chantilly

Chilled Yogurt and Mellon - with shrimps

Main Courses:

Blackened Alaskan Cod - leek, red wine fondue

Rack of Lamb - goat cheese panisse, artichokes and arugula

Chateaubriand - horseradish flan, sweet and sour baby beets

Three Cheese Ravioli - fresh basil tomato

Chicken Under a Brick - sauteed vegetables ginger honey jus

Dessert:

Creme Brulee Le Cirque

Chocolate Souffle - traditional chocolate souffle with vanilla gelato

Napoleon with Fresh Berries

Assortment of Sorbets

Not on the Zuiderdam, but we did Le Cirque on our last cruise. For me it was the lowpoint of an otherwise excellent cruise. (That includes getting up at 3:30AM for disembarkation to take the bus from Quebec to Montreal.) LOL.

My lobster salad had no flavor at all and the lobster was dripping ice water. After tasting I sent it away. The Rack of Lamb was overcooked and cut fresh out of the oven so, as Chef Ramsey would say "All of the goodness has drained out".

My dinner partner's meal was fine.

I do have to admit, the custard dessert was absolutely phenomenal, but I wouldn't suffer through another Le Cirque meal to get a 2nd portion.

I know the above all sounds bad, and honestly I'm NOT a very picky eater. But when something is billed as being sooooo good, it should at least be edible.

Many, many other people have had terrific experiences at Le Cirque - so in all likelyhood you'll have a better experience than I did.

Sorry that your Le Cirque dinner was not good.

We both always have the Lobster salad and -- so far -- it has been excellent.

I always get the the rack of lamb and mine -- again -- so far -- has always been excellent.

Thanks to KK we have the Le Cirque menu:

Appetizers:

Lobster Cocktail - poached lobster with haricot vert and citrus

Le Trio - caviar, smoked salmon and Pate foie gras

Caesar Salad - interpretation of the classical salad

Soup:

Butternut Squash with Huckleberries - with sage chantilly

Chilled Yogurt and Mellon - with shrimps

Main Courses:

Blackened Alaskan Cod - leek, red wine fondue

Rack of Lamb - goat cheese panisse, artichokes and arugula

Chateaubriand - horseradish flan, sweet and sour baby beets

Three Cheese Ravioli - fresh basil tomato

Chicken Under a Brick - sauteed vegetables ginger honey jus

Dessert:

Creme Brulee Le Cirque

Chocolate Souffle - traditional chocolate souffle with vanilla gelato

Napoleon with Fresh Berries

Assortment of Sorbets

Thanks Melodie!!

I always get the the rack of lamb and mine -- again -- so far -- has always been excellent.

I never get lamb at home and was really anticipating a nice rack of lamb that night. Alas, it was not to be.... it was brown and dry all the way through, not that beautiful pink/red it should have been in the middle. What I don't understand is how it ever left the kitchen in the first place, much less got served to a diner.

If they offer Le Cirque on our Zaandam Hawaii cruise this November I might try it again for the Chateaubriand... been hearing good things about that at least. And that Creme Brule is just so, so very good.

Archived