If you could only go to one specialty restaurant...

sweetp09

which one would you chose? DH and I have booked a cruise on the Reflection to celebrate an upcoming wedding anniversary. This will be his first time cruising and my first time with X. We would like to try all of the specialty restaurants, but if we have to chose only one (or two ;)), we don't know which to try. We don't have the opportunity to enjoy fine dining often, though do enjoy it for special occasions when out of town and we really don't go out to eat much anyway (we live in a small, rural town). We like to try new things. DH loves sushi and I enjoy it also. We aren't big on Italian food. He love Mexican and we both love Thia/Chinese/Oriental food. We both enjoy a good steak (preferably tenderloin). I can't think of any other details to give. Which restaurant (or two) would you recommend we not miss?

which one would you chose? DH and I have booked a cruise on the Reflection to celebrate an upcoming wedding anniversary. This will be his first time cruising and my first time with X. We would like to try all of the specialty restaurants, but if we have to chose only one (or two ;)), we don't know which to try. We don't have the opportunity to enjoy fine dining often, though do enjoy it for special occasions when out of town and we really don't go out to eat much anyway (we live in a small, rural town). We like to try new things. DH loves sushi and I enjoy it also. We aren't big on Italian food. He love Mexican and we both love Thia/Chinese/Oriental food. We both enjoy a good steak (preferably tenderloin). I can't think of any other details to give. Which restaurant (or two) would you recommend we not miss?

Qsine for your taste and fun. Murano for a special dinner.

I would agree with Orator and book Qsine. Definately worth the experience and we liked the food alot. I would agree that the food in Murano is good and the level of service is as good as it can get. We prefer Tuscan Grille over Murano. We do like Italian alot and have enjoyed every meal we have had in Tuscan Grille on several different ships. That does not sound like a good fit for you, but it fits our personal style and taste better. For a special wedding anniversary, Murano may be a better choice. You will definately feel spoiled. We are already booked into Qsine and Tuscan Grille for our Dec 8, 2012 cruise on the Reflection. We are considering the Lawn Club but will wait until onboard to decide.

I doubt you could go wrong in any of the specialty restaurants

which one would you chose? DH and I have booked a cruise on the Reflection to celebrate an upcoming wedding anniversary. This will be his first time cruising and my first time with X. We would like to try all of the specialty restaurants, but if we have to chose only one (or two ;)), we don't know which to try. We don't have the opportunity to enjoy fine dining often I think most would agree Murano would be your best fine dining choice, though do enjoy it for special occasions when out of town and we really don't go out to eat much anyway (we live in a small, rural town). We like to try new things Qsine would certainly give you some "new" unusual, quirky, options. DH loves sushi and I enjoy it also sushi is made every afternoon at one of the "stations" in the Ocean View Cafe - check for exact times. We aren't big on Italian food so maybe the Tuscan Grill would be out. He love Mexican and we both love Thia/Chinese/Oriental food. We both enjoy a good steak one overlooked option might be the Lawn Club Grill - outside (preferably tenderloin). I can't think of any other details to give. Which restaurant (or two) would you recommend we not miss?

stellarose

The Summit also has Qsine which is at the top of the ship. Nice views from the window tables. The other specialty restaurant is the Normande which is her equivalent to the Murano on the S class. Very good and a high level of service. Would probably recommend the Normande for a anniversary dinner.

Recently on the Summit, ate at both Qsine and Normandie. Both were good. Normandie is very traditional fine dining. Qsine is excellent food with an very enjoyable fun atmosphere. If you cannot eat at both, I would eat at Qsine. It is so different from anything on land.

for a Special Anniv Dinner--& only able to select one--Murano wins easily in my book--elegant, delicious-- but plan to spend some time....

usually we like Tuscan for a nice but less formal night out...

is there a Lawn Club Grille on board? that's alot of fun too!

Q-sine, quirky--prefer Silk Harvest but it is not on Reflection.

For a romantic evening, try the Normandie on the Summit or Murano on the S Class ships. Qsine is fun- but like going to PF Changs- but with more fun foods- If you can, do both!!

Summitt specialty restaurants. We will be celebrating our anniversary on the boat. Which special restaurant should we choose.

Hi Stellarose:

have you decided on a "beverage package"?

Anyway, on the Summit, do Normandie if you are only going to do a sspeciality restaurant once. IT is the closest restaurant for fine dinning.

Q-Sine was "alright". It's all about presentation gimmicks. The food was no where near fine dinning. If money is not an issue, try it.

WE did Normandie twice and Q-Sine oncne on a 7 night cruise on the Summit.

I always say that if they are serving you "french fries" as a course, NOT fine dinning.

Anyway, have a great cruise and let us know about the beverage package(lol).

Gary & Norine

It all depends on what you want. We have done Murano but did not like the "stuffy" atmosphere. If you want a relaxed atmosphere with a great meal go to the Lawn Grill. It was great and the chocolate chip cookie is wonderful with the ice cream! Qsine is good and since we have done it once I don't think I would go back.

Snow bunny

Summitt specialty restaurants. We will be celebrating our anniversary on the boat. Which special restaurant should we choose.

Normandie, definitely. And if Tim Van Houdt, the Maitre d' , is back from his vacation which starts this month, see him a few days before and let him know it's a very special occasion and see if you can get a nice table at a window.

We were on the Eclipse last year and went to Qsine twice in a 7 day cruise. It was unlike anything I have found in the states and absolutly amazing. We will be sailing the Reflection next year and have already booked for Qsine there! I wouldn't consider Qsine as "fine dining" in the french classical sense, but it is in the newer fusion food concept.

Definitely Murano. Beautiful restaurant and very good food. Perfect for an Anniversary.

I sailed on Equinox in March 2011 and dined in all the specialty restaurants. Hands down, the steak at Tuscan Grille was the best I've ever had. Hope to have it again someday.

Have to agree with both here....

Murano wins for elegant/classy surroundings and service. :cool:

Ya GOTTA try the tableside flambe lobster, AND the dessert souffles!!! :)

Tuscan's views from a window table overlooking the wake at sunset was PRETTY darn nice...:D

Try one of you ordering the filet, and the other order the Cajun Spiced Ribeye so you can share/sample. :o WOW!

And by the way... make sure you bring a MAJOR appetite to BOTH places! :eek:

Murano for a special occasion, Qsine for a unique experience.

We have dined in all of the M class specialty restaurants and all of the restaurants on the Eclipse . Each has its own charm and quality to offer. The Kobe beef in Qsine is great and probably the only time I can afford to eat it anywhere. LOL The rest of the menu is great also. A true culinary trip around the world. It is great fun to go in a group and pass around the items on the menu. Take a large appetite. For the M class specialty restaurants the Infinity's is our favorite - but they are all great. I am a lamb person and it is great there. Also ask for the table in the wine room and get a great education about wines along with your dinner. Taking a group to the wine room is also fun. It is always a tough choice.

This time last year we'd have said Murano's, but after our last cruise we'd go nowhere else than Tuscan --------- the views are amazing, the service wonderful without being too stuffy and the food great.They sent us a little card at the end of our cruise to say thank you for eating with them ------ the only one of the speciality restaurants. It sort of summed the place up ---------------- special , fab food and a place where you felt like a friend / family member when you'd been there ------

Next year we celebrate our anniversary, not at Muranos as the last 2 yrs but at the Tuscan ----------

Archived