No Cruise Documents??

Hi all,

My husband and I will be sailing on Oasis on October 20th for our first cruise. I just completed our online check-in and signed the waivers. However, when I click on "Guest Vacation Documents" it tells me that they are not yet available and I will receive an email when the documents are ready to download. What is this about?? I'm not even sure what the guest documents are, but I'm assuming like luggage tags, etc? Please advise :)

Hi all,

My husband and I will be sailing on Oasis on October 20th for our first cruise. I just completed our online check-in and signed the waivers. However, when I click on "Guest Vacation Documents" it tells me that they are not yet available and I will receive an email when the documents are ready to download. What is this about?? I'm not even sure what the guest documents are, but I'm assuming like luggage tags, etc? Please advise :)

The docs will be available 49 days from sailing.

Hi all,

Cruise documents are now sent out as e-docs. However, since you are sailing on October 20 which is in 17 days, you should have received notification already.

Did you by chance book through a TA? If you did you should check with them. If not I would call C&A at 1-800-526-9723

All you really need is your SetSail Pass, Credit Card and Photo ID. Unless RCI made hotel arrangements or transfers from airport to ship and back to airport, there is really nothing in the e-docs that you would need.

Unfortunately I believe you are past the time to order your luggage tags. I would call C&A and inquire though.

We sail on Jewel in 24 days and our documents are still showing not issued. Because we booked everything with RCL the documents will have our hotel voucher, transfer vouchers i.e. airport to hotel to ship and our flight details. We expect ours to be issued any day now.

CAPLUS.jpg

RCCL error click on link to view and they are there

Okay, so I clicked on "View Document" even though it says they are not available above that.... when I did, it looks like a 44 page book opens up. Is this my cruise documents? If so, should I print the 44 pages? Thanks CC'ers, yall are the best!

Okay, so I clicked on "View Document" even though it says they are not available above that.... when I did, it looks like a 44 page book opens up. Is this my cruise documents? If so, should I print the 44 pages? Thanks CC'ers, yall are the best!

You usually don't need to print the entire cruise doc package. The last (or second to last) page should be an image of your luggage tags. You may want to print that to save time at the terminal. If you had Royal transfers, then there should be a page with a transfer voucher.

We sail on Jewel in 24 days and our documents are still showing not issued. Because we booked everything with RCL the documents will have our hotel voucher, transfer vouchers i.e. airport to hotel to ship and our flight details. We expect ours to be issued any day now.

I spoke with RCI in the UK a couple of days ago and was told to expect my edocs anytime between 28-14 days before the cruise.

Although other people on our sailing have had theirs 2 weeks ago.

The docs will be available 49 days from sailing.

Sometimes....

People on the first part of my B2B already have theirs... I don't (44 days out...) When I queried this with RCCL I was told up to 2 weeks before..... when she started saying that in the UK we have a different issuing system I gave up.....

Online TA for this one, edocs arrived this morning-exactly 45 days out! Already printed my tags and folded and taped.:D

Oh booooo..... mine is also an online TA..... I don't know why it bothers me at all really..... there's nothing there I need as my luggage tags are being printed off by a friend so all the bags will go to their room.... I've already printed off my setsails..... I guess I've been practising the doc dance for way too long.....

Something I just discovered recently.

For those of you who own an iPad, I was able to save the complete cruise document file in iBooks, to carry with me on the cruise. To get it into iBooks, go to your cruise documents, click on "Print Documents", and that will open it in a .pdf file There will be an option on the top margin of the page to save it in iBooks. Voila, there it will be.

This might work on other tablets but I wouldn't have a clue how to do that.

I understand I am probably a little anal to feel better about having the whole darn thing with me, but, there it is. :rolleyes:

I went on the Oasis in August. My message always said the documents were not ready, but I could look at them online. All you really need to print is your Set Sail pass. If you want to do luggage tags yourself, just print off the page of the booklet with luggage tags on it (as many as you need). I could print any page of the booklet I wanted even though it said my documents weren't ready. You don't need the whole booklet.

I got the same thing. What you need to do is go to print. You will see a page with your name on it. You do not need to print the entire document, just moved down to page 15. You will see you luggage tags. You can print those and just follow the instructions. The print documents are in PDF form. We are on the same cruise. I am still getting the same information that my documents are not ready. But they were. If you continue to have a problem, notify your travel agent. By the way the printed document is only 17 pages.

Madelynn

I usually download the edocs since they will disappear from your online account on the day of the cruise. This way I can always refer back to them. I just sailed on the Monarch and wasn't able to print my Set Sail pass. I was going to it right before I left and my printer decided to give me trouble. When I got to the terminal I showed my passport and all they did was check the manifest for my name. They handed me the Guest Clearance and On Board Credit Authorization forms to fill out (even though they had this info already but whatever) and hand over when I checked in. So no major problem getting on board without a Set Sail Pass (although it is better to have it).

Something I just discovered recently.

For those of you who own an iPad, I was able to save the complete cruise document file in iBooks, to carry with me on the cruise. To get it into iBooks, go to your cruise documents, click on "Print Documents", and that will open it in a .pdf file There will be an option on the top margin of the page to save it in iBooks. Voila, there it will be.

This might work on other tablets but I wouldn't have a clue how to do that.

I understand I am probably a little anal to feel better about having the whole darn thing with me, but, there it is. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the iPad tip! I am saving my e-docs to my iPad right now. :D

Lisa

All you really need is your SetSail Pass, Credit Card and Photo ID. Unless RCI made hotel arrangements or transfers from airport to ship and back to airport, there is really nothing in the e-docs that you would need.

I'll take it a step farther. A few years back, I managed to leave my Set Sail Pass in the hotel room when I headed to the port. I walked up to the counter with my photo ID and my credit card. It made absolutely no difference whatsoever. When she went to get my card, she came back with a new slip for me to sign in place of the Set Sail Pass.

Haven't bothered to bring one since then!

Archived