Air Freshener

KMP

I buy one of the solid stick room deoderizers from the dollar store in a pleasant, light scent like, "clean laundry" or "fresh air". I open it up and leave it in the bathroom the whole time.

It just keeps the bathroom smelling nice throughout the entire cruise.

At home we have separate bathrooms (and our diet is bland/dull) Even though the air is vented out through the bathroom on ships- it does seem to take too much time to 'clear the air'. What do you bring along to help out and keep the packing light ;)

I have a tiny can of Ozone(I think thats the name) in my car to get rid of smoke smell. It takes all odors out of the air. Just spray in the bathroom and shut the door(you don't want to breathe it in)I got it at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

DH had colon cancer and after surgeries and treatments, he can have some "BAD" days. Our entire house would reek no matter what he tried (i know tmi). Recently we found something called Poo-pourri. It is incredible! He sprays it on the toilet water before he goes and it PREVENTS the whole issue. It will definitely be traveling with us. Its kind of expensive but for him totally worth it. I have also read that putting a few drops of essential oil on the water will do the same thing. Haven't tried it yet, but plan to.

I used Poo-pourri before and yes it DOES make a difference. It is rather expensive and I keep it in the bathroom at home. More of a novelty and conversation piece though lol! I get it from Mom & Pop type stores; mail rooms, etc... Amazon sells it, so does QVC. I recommend the "Royal Flush" scent.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=poo+pouri&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=3771448707&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14847326191430381191&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_62e8ind1kg_b

http://www.qvc.com/PooPourri-Original-3piece-Bathroom-DeodorizerSet.product.H197103.html?ref=GAS&cm_ven=googlePAID&cm_cat=N-Poo+Pourri&cm_pla=Poo+Pourri%7CExact&cm_ite=sCKgc7R7h_15033824285_poo%20pourri

My DH has had TWO hemicolectomies - I keep air freshener everywhere! The auto parts store or dept has small (carry-on size for TSA) cans of spray air freshener. The citrus based ones are the best for taking care of bathroom odors.

This is exactly what we buy, the small can of citrus freshner from the auto parts dept.

Bath and Body works has a great spray that comes in a small canister about the size of a travel size shampoo bottle. It is potent and works well with many scents to choose from. 5 bucks.

I agree! I always get these for travel... and they are also nice for the home..

Many good scents... I like fresh linen scent for the bathroom...

somehow poo and cininnamon or poo and orange just don't mix too well...:rolleyes:

I use a travel-size bottle of Axe deodorant as an air freshener. I'd probably take it with me on shore excursions that involve physical exertion (like ziplining or prolonged hiking), as a precaution if there are no showers, but for the most part, I use it as an air freshener in my cabin bathroom. It's strong enough to, pardon the TMI, cover up the biological odors. And it's compact and cheap enough to simply throw away at the end of the cruise, to save trouble of carrying it back and not using it.

make the courtesy flush almost immediately uopn complete evacuation.

haha, anyone ever seen the episode of Reno 911 where they get called to the renaissance fair? The man dressed as a knight is stuck on the can inside the port-a-potty and he asks for courtesy flush from the two female officers trying to help him! It was hilarious!

Reading this I couldn't help but to think about some of the people in this town I live in. They supposedly wouldn't need any air freshener. Their poop smells like roses! So they act anyway. I like the walmart stuff and will have to buy some. We normally just take a can of Glade and leave it at the end of the cruise.

All I have to say is watch it with the poo-poo-uri. We were on a bike ride in Colorado this summer and a friend who was sharing a room with us was showing my DH her poo-poo-uri stuff. She sprayed it 3 times in our room. We had to air out the room it was so strong. I told her if she sprayed that stuff again she would camping on the side of the road on her Harley. So, be ware, it's some strong stuff.

All I have to say is watch it with the poo-poo-uri. We were on a bike ride in Colorado this summer and a friend who was sharing a room with us was showing my DH her poo-poo-uri stuff. She sprayed it 3 times in our room. We had to air out the room it was so strong. I told her if she sprayed that stuff again she would camping on the side of the road on her Harley. So, be ware, it's some strong stuff.

That is why I like the Ozone stuff. It has no scent. I think the Ozium might be the same. Scented air fresheners choke me.

Taking our first cruise in April 2013. My BF and I were talking about this last night.

I am a bit "potty-shy" so he asked me what I would do on the cruise. I told him I would send him out of the cabin if I had to!

I am gonna check out some of the suggestions made in this thread!

Also there is a product called You Go Girl which claims to help with the sound and smells... http://www.getyougogirl.com

Thanks guys!

:o

I always take a book of scented matches...light one, hold it for a few seconds...let it waft thru the bathroom for about 10 seconds...flush...and done..doesnt mask the odor, it eliminates it...try it..

I always take a book of scented matches...light one, hold it for a few seconds...let it waft thru the bathroom for about 10 seconds...flush...and done..doesnt mask the odor, it eliminates it...try it..

Fire on a cruise ship. No good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived