Freestyle Coke Machines

Neither are "cherry coke":rolleyes:

They taste like a "cherry coke type" beverage. Didn't mean to offend. Mr. Pibb is actually a little sweeter, but then I haven't had it since college in Atlanta way back in 19..........;):D

They taste like a "cherry coke type" beverage. Didn't mean to offend. Mr. Pibb is actually a little sweeter, but then I haven't had it since college in Atlanta way back in 19..........;):D

You are correct. Mr Pibb (now Pibb Xrta) is considered a Cherry type beverage by Coca Cola. My Partner works there.

Has anyone seen a more detailed rollout schedule by ship? We are sailing Adventure in March 2013 and were wondering if the Freestyle machines would be on board by then.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2012/07/20/rainbow-coke-freestyle-machine-gives-royal-caribbean-cruisers-125-soda-options/

this is the only list I can find so far.

Edited by thewebbys

The freestyle machines are for the people who purchase the soda package. The mug provided by Royal Caribbean has an RFID chip in the bottom which activates the machine. It is also programmed to wait 15 minutes between uses.

The cost is $6.50 per adult per day + 15% gratuity. Multiply by the number of nights of your cruise to get your personal total.

The cost is $4.50 per under 18 year old per day + 15% gratuity. Same math.

You can still get your soda at any bar.

I see a lot of waste going to happen when for example kids start mixing drinks -> not liking it due to pure idiotic combinations -> and then hopefully tossing it in the bin (or what will probably happen, worse)

Indeed, the same thought crossed my mind! But still, the idea seems great, I will see in October on the Oasis how chaotic it will be...

Found this on Youtube, they guy explains the working

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BunjsA-jitA

I see a lot of waste going to happen when for example kids start mixing drinks -> not liking it due to pure idiotic combinations -> and then hopefully tossing it in the bin (or what will probably happen, worse)

Waste and time lost standing behind kids and adults navigating through layers of menus. Besides bad combinations, as I've stated earlier in the thread, the machines I have used and take 3 seconds to flush the line. I've gone up to the machine and just wanted straight coke zero and gotten enough something else to ruin the taste. In my case, Orange Coke zero is not worth drinking. So I run the tap for 3 seconds and then put my cup under. I wonder with the RFID thing just having the cup close by will be sufficient. I haven't bought the soda package since 2008 (My wife and I have lost 200 lbs between us since then) But with Coke Zero being added, I'm reconsidering it.

We really like this at our local Fuddruckers. Not for just sodas but our kids get flavored HiC, lemonade, and water too. However, I am concerned about the reusing of the same cup over the length of a 7 day cruise. Just a water rinse doesn't seem sufficient for sugary drinks.

The freestyle machines are on the Majesty. I was able to use them Columbus Day weekend. I realize that the Majesty is smaller than the Oasis or the Allure, but I never had to wait for another person to fill my cup. The only complaint I have about them is in my opinion, you may fill the cup with coke, and to me you taste whatever has flowed through the nozzle that particular day. To me it appeared the later in the day you obtained a refill the more of other flavors you tasted. Just my observation.

Smitty

You are correct. Mr Pibb (now Pibb Xrta) is considered a Cherry type beverage by Coca Cola. My Partner works there.

thanks for the support :) I went to Emory and Emory and Coca Cola are very closely connected. We could get a coke for $.10. To show you how old I am, it came in glass bottles. The Mr. Pibb was in the cafeteria. I remember wondering what it was since I grew up in NJ.

Mr. Pibb is cherry coke, as is Dr. Pepper

Mr. Pibb is not cherry coke. Mr. Pibb is a Coca Cola product that is flavored like Dr. Pepper. As a teen I drank Dr. Pepper & only drank Mr. Pibb when DP products were unavailable. Cherry Coke is way different than Mr. Pibb & Dr. Pepper. They are sweeter than Cherry Coke.

Edited by dmdiver

I just used them on majesty also. There was never a line. Everyone uses them really quick. Most people know what they like I.e. coke sprite whatever. So they went straight to that choice. Then your talking 4-8 choices. It's quick.

• 1 year later...