What do you do with your luggage before you hve access to your cabin?

FIDDLE2FADDLE

I have a back pack and a suitcase on wheels that goes everywhere I go.. into the line at the buffet.. down to the pursers desk to punch a hole in my card. At least most people there are two of them and one can watch the suitcases while the other fills the plates. I am mostly solo .. so its even harder.. but I do it. Glad of this new earlier access for platinum to be honest.

Glad of this new earlier access for platinum to be honest.

Same here - I understand this may not

be a big perk to some people but we

really like to explore the ship after

getting a bite to eat.

Lugging even a light backpack gets

old after a couple hours.

I wouldn't even care if we couldn't

stay in the cabin - just being able

"drop and run" is huge for us.

I would also HAPPILY & generously tip

a porter to bring our carry-ons to

the room if they don't want pax in

the halls early.

Same here - I understand this may not

be a big perk to some people but we

really like to explore the ship after

getting a bite to eat.

Lugging even a light backpack gets

old after a couple hours.

I wouldn't even care if we couldn't

stay in the cabin - just being able

"drop and run" is huge for us.

I would also HAPPILY & generously tip

a porter to bring our carry-ons to

the room if they don't want pax in

the halls early.

We took a 10:30 shuttle to the port .. very crowded getting on VIP in NOLA (bad embarkation imo) .. but once we made it on the ship.. went to the cabin, balcony on deck 10 .. no problems. door open, room already done, left our carry ons and left. The cabin was very close to the outside door to the lido area .. so maybe thats why it was so easy.. but it worked perfectly.

Magic I boarded so late, I cant say.

Seriously think about what you are carrying on. Otherwise (even if you do a carry on suitcase for a flight) you can hand that off to a porter to be loaded onto the ship.

All you need in your ship carryon is your docs, meds, swimming suit and sunscreen. Everything can wait til it arrives at your cabin.

Seriously think about what you are carrying on. Otherwise (even if you do a carry on suitcase for a flight) you can hand that off to a porter to be loaded onto the ship.

There are things like wine and soda that

can not be checked - they can be quite

heavy. I would also never check my laptop.

I understand some people are quite good

at "traveling light" - we are not. :)

I would be willing to wager the early

cabin access is the main reason people

buy the FTTF.

Before you have access to your cabin, what do you do with your luggage when you first arrive on Lido and want to look around? Do you have to take it everywhere with you or can you park it somewhere?:rolleyes:

Usually we go to guest services and insist on them holding it. They will typically hold it after a little fuss.

We took a 10:30 shuttle to the port .. very crowded getting on VIP in NOLA (bad embarkation imo) .. but once we made it on the ship.. went to the cabin, balcony on deck 10 .. no problems. door open, room already done, left our carry ons and left. The cabin was very close to the outside door to the lido area .. so maybe thats why it was so easy.. but it worked perfectly.

Magic I boarded so late, I cant say.

I would hesitate to leave my carry on in the open cabin as anyone could come in and take it or take stuff out of it.

I would hesitate to leave my carry on in the open cabin as anyone could come in and take it or take stuff out of it.

They left it in their room and shut the door behind them... the only person who could come in is employees with a room key which could happen through out the cruise.

Before you have access to your cabin, what do you do with your luggage when you first arrive on Lido and want to look around? Do you have to take it everywhere with you or can you park it somewhere?:rolleyes:

Just to clarify - your 'big' luggage - e.g. checked luggage is dropped off when you arrive at the port and taken by a porter prior to boarding - this luggage is delivered to your cabin later that day/early evening.

You will however be responsible for any 'carryon' you have - and should keep your valuables with you and anything you might need that day before you get to your cabin and even into the evening should your luggage arrive later. Once the cabins are made available (around 1:30 pm) you are free to drop off your carryons and anything else you dont' want to shlep around ;)

I have a back pack and a suitcase on wheels that goes everywhere I go.. into the line at the buffet.. down to the pursers desk to punch a hole in my card. At least most people there are two of them and one can watch the suitcases while the other fills the plates. I am mostly solo .. so its even harder.. but I do it. Glad of this new earlier access for platinum to be honest.

Tell me more about this, we are Platinum.:confused:

According to John they are supposed to be working on this on all ships.. though some say its only guaranteed on ships that have the FTTF .. I dont know anything else, as I was cruising for two weeks and got home this past week.

I went and our cabin was ready early just as John had said for platinum and diamond.

Just to clarify - your 'big' luggage - e.g. checked luggage is dropped off when you arrive at the port and taken by a porter prior to boarding - this luggage is delivered to your cabin later that day/early evening.

You will however be responsible for any 'carryon' you have - and should keep your valuables with you and anything you might need that day before you get to your cabin and even into the evening should your luggage arrive later. Once the cabins are made available (around 1:30 pm) you are free to drop off your carryons and anything else you dont' want to shlep around ;)

We are driving to port next week :D and wont get there til about 1.. we usually just do carry on bags but since we are driving will probably just bring one big suit case for both of us and then a carry on for the both of us.. Since we are getting there when the rooms are about ready is it okay for us to take our large bag with us through check in and then go straight to our rooms? I think this would be easier since the rooms will be ready but didnt know if there were rules against this.

We are driving to port next week :D and wont get there til about 1.. we usually just do carry on bags but since we are driving will probably just bring one big suit case for both of us and then a carry on for the both of us.. Since we are getting there when the rooms are about ready is it okay for us to take our large bag with us through check in and then go straight to our rooms? I think this would be easier since the rooms will be ready but didnt know if there were rules against this.

Depends on size of your 'big' suitcase - needs to fit thru security scanner (just like at the airport).....so if it's small enuf no problem - otherwise you need to check it with the porter.

On ships that have the FTTF program all Plats can go to their room as soon as you board. Others have stated that it is a perk of being a Plat already while another group says NO and if you go drop off your luggage you are breaking the "rules"...

So as a plat this upcoming cruise I will see what happens.

Depends on size of your 'big' suitcase - needs to fit thru security scanner (just like at the airport).....so if it's small enuf no problem - otherwise you need to check it with the porter.

Didnt even think of that. Thank you!!

And even if it does fit thru the scanner they may make you get out of line and go check it.. as happened to me. 25 inch fits thru the scanner (as I had carried it on more than once I am sure) .. but some times the over zealous folks will not allow it.. some times they will.

so it is more than if it fits thru the scanner.

Thanks for the replys. We only use the scanner size, roller type, since we are very light packers. I think we will try the "one watches the two bags while the other fetches" option. Our cruise is coming up soon and I didn't know if there was a corral (sp) or something for temporary parking till cabin access.:confused:

Archived