Airport time...

pegdave

Look into a day room at a hotel, where you'll have a place "to be", with TV, bathroom, shower, pool, and restaurants.

Look into a rental car...your luggage will go in the trunk while you explore.

Ship's excursions will be over by 1 pm..that still leaves too much time to kill.

Compare the costs of all of the above to changing to an earlier flight...you will be off the ship before 10 am...that's gonna be a loooong day!

If I had a situation like this, I'd consider a post cruise excursion that dropped me off at MIA, then,, I'd consider just renting a hotel room AT the airport terminal (There is a hotel inside the airport at MIA). Could relax in the hotel, nap, catch a shower before I head back down to check in and head to the gate.

Some Cruise Lines now have "Luggage Valet" service, place your bags out by midnight with special tags (there is a charge) they take your bags directly to your airport for you.

The service worked great for us, we flew out of Puerto Rico and even had a flight cancellation, but our luggage was waiting for us when we arrived at our destination airport.

Just a thought here. We will be stuck in Fort Lauderdale with about 11 hours to do something before our flight. What to do with luggage? For late flights and when they allow for check-in is a problem. We are taking a day room. Cheaper than a rental car, hiding the luggage, gas charge and hauling it around all day. Find someplace to go. Pay for parking and on, and on. Check this link. It may work for you.

http://www.sunny.org/visitors/cruiseandplay/hotels/

Harry :cool:

You can check other cities, ports, etc. also.

• 2 weeks later...

Look into a car rental. They are pretty cheap in that area. My friends rented a car for a day so they could drive from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale and it only cost them about $35.Then, you can explore the are and do whatever you want until time to go to the airport.

Archived