question about deposit? don't want do bother RCI staff now

We booked a cruise while on board, and left a $200.00 deposit. On our booking document says we owe an additional $900 by 10/30/12? I thought the lower deposit was the reason to book online?

Royal has never programmed their online systems to properly show reduced deposits. You're fine, don't worry about it.

Usually your final payment for a cruise is due 75 days ahead of your sailing date. When is your cruise? If it's in January 2013, 10/30/12 may be the final payment date.

If not, then it's just the usual glitch with early documents that happens when you book onboard or with a NCC. If you want to ease your mind, call RCI or your travel agent and ask for your amount due and the due date. (I've done this before for the same reason. It eased my mind....;))

Judy

Usually your final payment for a cruise is due 75 days ahead of your sailing date. When is your cruise? If it's in January 2013, 10/30/12 may be the final payment date.

If not, then it's just the usual glitch with early documents that happens when you book onboard or with a NCC. If you want to ease your mind, call RCI or your travel agent and ask for your amount due and the due date. (I've done this before for the same reason. It eased my mind....;))

Judy

Assuming we are able to go, final payment wouldn't be until August. We booked early figuring we should take advantage of earlier pricing, and the low deposit/OBC.

We booked a cruise while on board, and left a $200.00 deposit. On our booking document says we owe an additional $900 by 10/30/12? I thought the lower deposit was the reason to book online?

Did you book a suite? Like Steve said, GS an above requires a 200 percent deposit. You still get the OBC but your $200 will be applied as only a partial payment toward your total deposit if you booked a suite.

Don't worry about bothering the staff with your questions, as that's what they are there for!

I think it was really considerate of the OP to bring an easy question here rather than bothering the staff that is probably swamped with all the issues and probems being caused by Sandy.

Just do keep in mind that the reduced deposit you get booking on-board does not apply to GS and above....full suites would still require 200% deposit.

Interesting... not related to an on-board booking, but I had a D1 balcony that I put a deposit on, changed the booking to a GS on another sailing and never had to pay an additional deposit. Guess I beat the system? :cool:

I think it was really considerate of the OP to bring an easy question here rather than bothering the staff that is probably swamped with all the issues and probems being caused by Sandy.

I was thinking the same thing and I am sure if dmdicato stopped to think about it to he/she would agree that this is not the best time for a question like this especially since the OP mentioned that the $900 was supposedly due in a day or two.

The OP booked a specific cruise on board, and if they had chosen a GS or better, they would have had to pay the deposit appropriate to the stateroom.

Not true....some of the folks booking these cruises aren't the sharpest pencils in the drawer......we booked a GS and they charged us $200.....our TA caught the mistake and made sure we didn't 'miss the boat'.

Archived