Question regarding B2B cruises and # of wine bottles per cabin

alliebrandy

From everthing that I have read, since joining CC, I have learned that I am allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine with me for our cruise. But what if you are doing a B2B cruise? Will they allow us to bring on 4 bottles? Do we have to tell the authorities when we check in that we have that many bottles? Or do I put 2 bottles in my carry on and 2 in DH's and we go thru separate check in points?

All answers will be appreciated.

Each cruise is a separate voyage. You are entitled to two bottles per stateroom at each embarkation day. You can leave the ship on the turnaround day, head for the nearest shop, and bring two new bottles back with you.

If you bring 4 on in the first place, you may get through with them, you may not. It's all luck. But if you can't bring them all, they should take the excess two and store them for you during cruise #1 and return them to you at the end of that cruise so you could have them for cruise #2.

Each cruise is a separate voyage. You are entitled to two bottles per stateroom at each embarkation day. You can leave the ship on the turnaround day, head for the nearest shop, and bring two new bottles back with you.

If you bring 4 on in the first place, you may get through with them, you may not. It's all luck. But if you can't bring them all, they should take the excess two and store them for you during cruise #1 and return them to you at the end of that cruise so you could have them for cruise #2.

Thank you for the information. We may try to do that. DH an I are really not planning on leaving the ship during the turnaround day. We are from the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area so really nothing we need to see.

Its our very first B2B cruise and I want to lounge around as I have seen others do while we have boarded, and people watch. I'm sooo nosey. LOL :eek:

Thank you for the information. We may try to do that. DH an I are really not planning on leaving the ship during the turnaround day. We are from the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area so really nothing we need to see.

Its our very first B2B cruise and I want to lounge around as I have seen others do while we have boarded, and people watch. I'm sooo nosey. LOL :eek:

If you drive and park in one of the offsite spots, you can simply disembark and catch the shuttle to the site; and, deposit the booze you purchased in St. Thomas, and retrieve two bottles of wine from your vehicle. We usually tip the shuttle driver $5.00, each way, but with a ride without luggage, it would appear that a one or two dollar tip would be appropriate. And, of course at the conclusion of your second round you can then also take your second booze collection to the park and ride place via the shuttle.

I don't think a week inside a car in Florida would do the wine any good :eek:

We usually sail from San Diego and they don't bother to count the bottles. To avoid hassle go through a different security line from your companion. Have your second board pass available if needed.

The worst case would be they take the two extra and return them to you at the end of the first cruise.

Have a great cruise -- B2Bs are terrific!

I don't think a week inside a car in Florida would do the wine any good :eek:

We usually sail from San Diego and they don't bother to count the bottles. To avoid hassle go through a different security line from your companion. Have your second board pass available if needed.

The worst case would be they take the two extra and return them to you at the end of the first cruise.

Have a great cruise -- B2Bs are terrific!

If they were merlot and placed on their sides and covered would they be alright if the outside temperature did not exceed much more than 80?

Thank you to all who have given their suggestions/knowledge. Hubby and I are going to try going through 2 different security lines. If something is said we will just ask that they hold 2 of the bottles for us, and give them back at the end of the first leg. I think that will be the best likely advantage for us.

On a foot note, since we do live within a 30 mile radius of the port, we usually have family drop us off. If they aren't available, we just take a cab. When we return, we usually just grab a cab home and not bother anyone for early morning pick up.

Just bring all four on the first cruise. If Celebrity wants, they'll take the extra two from you returning them the last night of the cruise. Then you have two for the second part of the B2B... :D

Bingo

Bingo

Bingo

One of the advantages of back to back cruises. In fact, some buy booze on board or ashore for this reason. When they give it back on the last night, you now have it for the 2nd week.

Bingo

Bingo

Bingo

One of the advantages of back to back cruises. In fact, some buy booze on board or ashore for this reason. When they give it back on the last night, you now have it for the 2nd week.

Now that sounds like a plan for sure!!!! We may even give that a try. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

If you like liquor, if you buy some at one of the shops on board, which have very good pricing, it is sent to your cabin the last day of the first leg of the cruise (they never keep track of who is on a B2B), so you have it for the whole second leg.

If they were merlot and placed on their sides and covered would they be alright if the outside temperature did not exceed much more than 80?

Even at 80 degrees (cool for much of the time in Florida) the temperature inside the car could easily exceed 100 degrees if the car isn't in the shade.:)

Here's a chart with the outside temperature of 90 and how hot the car becomes in just 90 minutes.

car5.jpg

Even at 80 degrees (cool for much of the time in Florida) the temperature inside the car could easily exceed 100 degrees if the car isn't in the shade.:)

Here's a chart with the outside temperature of 90 and how hot the car becomes in just 90 minutes.

That's for the passenger area of a car. In a separate trunk storage section you wouldn't have the green house effect so it wouldn't get as hot.

I agree I wouldn't store wine in a car parked in Florida for a long period of time.

The OP first cruise of their B2B on Equinox has St. Martin as the last port visited before returning to FLL and that is a very good port to obtain nice wine at low cost.

I agree, I would not store wine in a parked car for very long either, few hours maybe, but certainly not for 11 days.

In the past I have always ordered a couple of bottles from Shop Celebrity and they would be in our cabin when we arrived. DH said we could still do the same thing again, but I just received a shipment of some fine reds including some Shiraz that I would like to bring along.

But what interested my DH was the idea of buying some hard liquor on the first leg and then being able to have it in the cabin for the second leg. He is all for that. Imagine my surprise LOL :cool:

If you like liquor, if you buy some at one of the shops on board, which have very good pricing, it is sent to your cabin the last day of the first leg of the cruise (they never keep track of who is on a B2B), so you have it for the whole second leg.

This is not always so. I've seen it on a few of our cruises where it is noted on the onboard account when someone is on B2B cruises and liquor is held until the end of the last cruise.

To ensure this doesn't happen you simply need to have someone else who is on your first and not on the second cruise do the purchasing for you. This is best done on the last full day onboard the first cruise when one gets possession of the liquor when purchased. I've seen this done a few times.

Archived