Review of NCL Star Oct14-21 Bermuda

luv2cruise53

Yes, Last paper handed in at 5:00 PM Today....Nothing left to do but finish this revoo...LOL:D

I think I will be sad when it is over but I was just thinking, I never reviewed my Spirit from Last March so maybe I will do that to entertain myself. that one was out of New Orleans so you can imagine what a debacle that will be,....LOL

Next Up Day 6

Blacks Bay...Sea Glass Beach

Return of the scooter

Lunch at the pizza joint in dockyard

Snorkel park Beach

The fort and the dolphins

relaxing on the waterfront

Kev:cool:

YAY Kev is back! Im sure you will get great marks on your papers as you write so well (and entertaining too)

We will be sailing on the Star from NOLA in April. What inquiring minds want to know is more about the ship.

Norine

Norine, How can I possibly tell you more...I covered it from top to bottom and back for over 250 posts....I don't think there is anything more I can possibly tell you, but watch for:

Chocaholic Buffet

Elements Show

Bermuda Sailaway

Bingo Bust

Enjoying your review very much. We were on the March 18 Spirit sailing...wondering if you were on the same one. It was my son's first cruise, he loved it, and we are leaving friday on our third one this year!

Hi Beachlover, I missed you by a week as I cruised March 11th. We were probably a block away embarking and disembarking.:D

I am definetly going to do a NOLA Spirit review afdter this one is done.

So after my Hammered Head shook off the clouds, I showered and dressed for the sunny 84 degree day. Again....Wow, blessed with great weather, not a drop of rain and mid70s at night 80's days.....Love it...Love Bermuda. So decided I would buffet it and headed up to deck 12...No pizza boxes in hallway, so I think the others got the message.Buffet was more crowded than usual but I guess that the 8:30 time was reason. Let me say this about washy washy, girls, there are always 2 at both port and star sides and they are always pleasant and polite ...No grand songs or washy tantrums, just nice and pleasant. bellied up...to the buffet ..as they say ...and by now I had a sizeable belly increase,,, couldn't be the frozen drinks so must be Bermuda air...LOL.

The morning buffet really grew on me...and I mixed and matched all sorts of delectables and even had my good sausage and several chocolate milks.

After Bkfst I headed back to 5501 and packed my shoulder bag....not a purse...LOl and headed off ship and to the scooter parking lot. I was bound for a palce called Blacks Bay Beach which is a sea glass beach and is a 20 minute walk from Dockyard, or take the 8 or 9 bus or like me scooter for 5 minutes and turn right.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSqxUYEeIUJcoKmnWYxhgIOZJucd5H4_emh0erSyp5NTzxk_6vGw

Which I did.....There was a beautiful, cove area with a couple of picnic tables and the small beach looked rocky....which turned out to be ....come on....guess....seaglass...who knew?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTa4d77W7HtkotI9OJYBcFFUQCap5XjNmf6mx__suHhsxpuIheedw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSD14K7-f2xDmnKJZNvSDT4nzqEnTx_IJIxuec9QmWTOO07jtHjDA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlbn_0-Iszp6i80GaL_t6znE2exty-ctLm5EgCHP_5y1LJzAvmfQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSohZ4-06q-c6gPS6mjRcDf-_6DTZa3ZTMHz1LgKWVkRLl4ev71Uw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnbV5pEw4I2JAOrKfXyMN1VxwWSrGBjHmr_Cti1nqAWZW9lCTASQ

It was now 11:00 ish and scooter had to be back by 12:30ish so I decided to head up to that fort that i passed earlier at the top of the coral road rise.

Kev

Edited by luv2cruise53

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUlkr3IJHJ51Wlaa5UmJ9Fo05Y_AXOA-rQ40RbVVPr8KCHrRu9

So out of the glass beach and immediately up the coral rise to Fort Scaur. Seaglass beach and Fort Scaur are a beautiful scenic 20 minute walk from the dockyard....

There is a long switchback hill I had to take, but if ya walked you could sidecrab it LOL...anyways, parked scooter, several tour vans etc,...not much of a fort as far as Bermuda forts go but very nice and pleasant. Notice I say pleasant a lot today....most likely cause...It was very pleasant.....until who should I espy....yep...The farting princess and her hubby...LOL..haven't seen em all week....Toot goes that pleasant morn...just kiding...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKPa3t8aLGfG_AUdEgNYpWrbbx3LqjvoeGJd1q5U5rckSbgDnxVg

And a beautiful Beach Below, Thank you very much, Last swim anyone????

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJNXFQmfZjNGFjjD5vU8GJZwcAtLpzEVv7S9u05PGqnyMm1p016Q

Next Up:

Dockyard Grand Tour

Some dolphins, a $5.00 Beach

Lunch and Dockside Cafe....(Rum Marine Shop):D

So reluctantly I had to head back to The Dockyard, I drove through that imposing gate one last time till next June and drove around the dockyard a few times cause it wasn't quite 12:30. I zoomed past the choo choo a couple times looking like I was gonna side swipe em just to fake out the people movers, whose usual excitement tends toward how many plates they can fit on a mover.

Apparently the Clocktowers are the Dockyard Centerpiece

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2spYsU3xkfZOQhUeddXj5GQwAcsgQFZEjp9yIZi6-WNr7eQJRPA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvnRdsQ7zfIf9AmFs9zQkC-kxLVKg4V_qzcn6N0NLLe1VQf3lBJw

But the Entire complex is quite impressive.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2uGxdkq1LYyz5-5aVuuqrMKM4lM1DxeUWPfVqD4N_EsJIFdC5OA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuAM-d46qkZvgkcXg88g4jOEiQsUNcrgfD4xe_iz1VS-SbE7NL

So I dropped off the scooter, parked it in back, then walked out road to drop off helmet and keys....stepped in horse %$#$#@ in my flip flops....NOT Funny, rather oozy gross... walked over to the docks, climbed down onto pier, dangled foots into boat acess and had to use a lot of sand to scrub out &^%$#@ Stop Laughing, this is not funny....yeah it is actually. So now I had my purse and clean, relatively, feet and decided to head over to Snorkel park Beach. This is perhaps the worlds most expensive sliver of sand...$5.00... known to mankind.

But its Bermuda kids,...ya better get used to plopping down some green for the best place on earth.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsUJOaAfR3iw6EHFhy6GxLVcfE8zVB8mOmEceS4_ABOplyEi8r0w

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlByHbv1hA3_ZRVJpkB1uSMZQyN2jjiZGxnJAvpsBcWtU6OogRvw

Up next:

More Snorkel park,

The Fort Museum and flipper

Kev

Kev - Didn't you know horse sh## is good luck! lol The Sea Glass Beach is really cool. There was a local lady at the beach making sure we weren't taking any sea glass. She went on and on that a captain of one of the cruise ships sent passengers there to the beach and they were taking home bags full. When we left the beach, we met some locals and they asked why we didn't have any sea glass. We told them and they were angry that this woman was turning tourists away. The one gentleman disappeared and came back with a handful of sea glass for me and told me to take it and enjoy it. The locals are so friendly and nice in Bermuda. The one gentleman pulled out a box with a piece of jewelry made out of sea glass. He told me a woman who vists frequently on a cruise ship was just there and made it for him. It was beautiful and he was just thrilled with his new item. Anyway, keep up the good story. I have never been on the Spirit, however, I am sure to follow that journey as well. :D

After Bkfst I headed back to 5501 and packed my shoulder bag....not a purse...LOl and headed off ship and to the scooter parking lot. I was bound for a palce called Blacks Bay Beach which is a sea glass beach and is a 20 minute walk from Dockyard, or take the 8 or 9 bus or like me scooter for 5 minutes and turn right.

Kev

A very small correction. The route #9 bus does not serve the Dockyard. You would take a route #7 or #8 bus to get to the sea glass beach.

SBtS

I am back from the family Christmas stuff...trust me when I say tht could be a review in itslf...Drama galore..but family is family...anyways, my sister and her hubby and my two nephews (21) are debating on the Breakaway for June 09, so I am hopeful for a family cruise. I will now finish the Star review and shortly thereafter will start a new thread for my Spirit March review.

I hope all my loyal followers and everyone had a nice holiday.

I am back from the family Christmas stuff...trust me when I say tht could be a review in itslf...Drama galore..but family is family...anyways, my sister and her hubby and my two nephews (21) are debating on the Breakaway for June 09, so I am hopeful for a family cruise. I will now finish the Star review and shortly thereafter will start a new thread for my Spirit March review.

I hope all my loyal followers and everyone had a nice holiday.

Family drama is the way of life in my family. Lol. Hope they get to join you on the Breakaway, a drama filled cruise review might be even funnier then this one. Merry Christmas!

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

You better get going Kev...I've already started my Star review from last week and people are betting I'll have mine done at the rate I'm going before you have yours done. ;) :p

I saw that ...you are so good...I am a procrastinator...I know...but I will finish ASAP...then start my Spirit review....

It is not nice to hang people on a review...but I have been crazy and being Kev...I will endeavour to bring a happy conclusion.

I am hopeful for a family cruise.

All I can say is that if me and my brother were on a cruise ship together, one of us would be going overboard. :eek: Since I am the seasoned cruiser of the family, it sure as heck wouldn't be me. :D Welcome back Kev!

Thank's,

Right now I am nothing. I considered journalism as well as teaching English. When I began Grad school the job offerings in teaching and an english masters degree were limited. My love for rare books, and manuscripts, libraries and archives put me on a new path recently. The study of Archives and historical archives which became a new masters program at UMB recently. Every organization and corporation as well as most governments have archives.There has been very few dedicated masters level education programs dedicated to this field until recently, and most organizations were forced to use record keepers and to train on the job. So I am hedging my bets and staying within a field I admire.

That said, I would love to be a travel writer. One that is tongue in cheek with some off stylings that make a traveler and reader feel closer to the subject.

Writing these kinds of reviews polishes my style and who knows, maybe someone out there will appreciate my style and discuss options with me.

But right now, I write for me and I write for your enjoyment, so I hope you all keep reading along and get a few laughs as well. I also intend to cover as much information about the experience as I can remember and even if I get some names wrong, I hope you all get my intent.

I can certainly see you as a travel writer! You remind me of Anthony Bourdain on the travel channel.

I can certainly see you as a travel writer! You remind me of Anthony Bourdain on the travel channel.

Wow...what a nice accolade....I am honored...I would love to write travelogues...I am pretty good at it, but there is not much of a market for it...I will try to polish up my skills with the next few reviews...and will be thankful for any tips....

Anthony Bourdrain never waivers when asked to try local drinks or customs....dat be me....LOL:D

I saw that ...you are so good...I am a procrastinator...I know...but I will finish ASAP...then start my Spirit review....

It is not nice to hang people on a review...but I have been crazy and being Kev...I will endeavour to bring a happy conclusion.

Wait, what did I miss? Did you go on the Spirit? Or going on the Spirit? That's my favorite "small" ship so far. It's the only ship (of the smaller fleet) that I would ever cruise on again if I could. Fill me in!

Wow...what a nice accolade....I am honored...I would love to write travelogues...I am pretty good at it, but there is not much of a market for it...I will try to polish up my skills with the next few reviews...and will be thankful for any tips....

Anthony Bourdrain never waivers when asked to try local drinks or customs....dat be me....LOL:D

Yes, but you seem to have him beat in the sound effect department :p

Wait, what did I miss? Did you go on the Spirit? Or going on the Spirit? That's my favorite "small" ship so far. It's the only ship (of the smaller fleet) that I would ever cruise on again if I could. Fill me in!

I went out of New Orleans on The Spirit, March 11-18-2012. So it will be a see if I can remeber review.

Edited by luv2cruise53

I went out of New Orleans on The Spirit, March 11-18-2012. So it will be a see if I can remeber review.

Oh gotcha. This should be interesting. :D Did you take lots of pictures like you did on the Allure?

We did the Spirit out of NOLA last September and she remains my favorite "small" ship so far. I thought she was beautiful with her Asian decor.

I can't wait to see the review. When you start it, come back here and give us the link. I don't want to miss it. :)