First time on HAL - help please.

Jamara

Hi my husband and I have cruised many times but always X and have just booked a last minute cruise with HAL.

We are really looking forward to our week away from 18th Nov and have not had time to do much research. Can we take wine onboard and if so how many bottles? We buy wine in the MDR but like a glass when getting ready fro dinner.

Also is open dinning easy and will we be able to get a table for two.

Thanks for your replies.

You may take as much wine on board as you desire. There is a corkage fee for opening your bottle in the MDR. You might have to wait a little while for a table for two, there are not that many small tables on the Vista or Signature ships. Enjoy your glass of wine while deciding on your entree. Menus are posted.

David

You can bring on as many bottles of wine for consumption in your cabin as you wish. If you take them to the dining room there is a corkage fee. It was $15 last time I looked.

I've not done the open dining so I can't help you there.

You can also reserve a table for 2 ahead of time. Some ships allow you to make reservations 3 days ahead. Or you can call each morning to reserve a table and time, or make reservations with the Maitre 'd outside the dining room. (or arrive and take your chances) :D

That is what I would suggest if the table for two is important to you.

The corkage fee is $18 per bottle if you take a bottle of wine to the dining room or to a bar/lounge.

OPen Seating -- most ships allow you to make reservations only for certain times and those times are 5:15 - 6:15 and 7:30 - 9 PM. The time between 6:15 - 7:30 - you just show up. Now those times can vary a little by ship.

Archived