$79 for 7 days of Specialty Dining

Gregor4500

It was posted in another thread for $79 you can dine in 6 different specialty restaurants every night of a 7 day cruise on the Jewel. This was the first I've seen this. Is it new? Or just being tested? Or have I just never seen it before? Or did I misunderstand the post?

I would do this for sure.

We bundled Le Bistro,Cagney's and Mama's Kitchen on our trip starting the 25th. It ended up being $104.00 total for two of us. A savings of $16.00. Plus going to one of them on the first night gets a free bottle of wine. We had intended on doing at least two of them anyway so it seemed like a good deal.

That link was posted by Brian - who was in a Garden Villa...might only be for those booked in the GV?

It says 6 restaurants, but only lists 5 in the paragraph. I would assume that only those 5 listed would be included? However, I really have no idea. :rolleyes:

Sounds like it's a fantastic deal open to everyone as long as it is booked in the first 3 days of the cruise.

We generally eat at Moderno and Le Bistro twice and Mama's once anyway, so if it is available on our 12/30 sailing we may take advantage of the savings.

Tracy

Let me help you out. We cruised on the Jewel to Alaska in September. The $79 premium dining package was being offered and we purchased it. I was told it was only being offered about the last month in Alaska on the Pearl and the Jewel. It would then be stopped and evaluated with the possibility of it being offered again starting around December.

The restaurants that were included were Cagney's, Chin Chin, Le Bistro, Mama's Italian, Moderno and Mongolian Hot Pot. We went to Cagney's six times and Le Bistro once.

You can go to any of the six listed restaurants as often as you wish. You can even go to multiple locations in a single evening if you wish. If you are in a suite, you can have your butler bring you items from any and all of the included restaurants.

As far as when it will be brought back, I think the crew just speculated because the final decision is made by corporate in Miami.

We thought it was a fabulous deal and loved every minute of it.

Let me help you out. We cruised on the Jewel to Alaska in September. The $79 premium dining package was being offered and we purchased it. I was told it was only being offered about the last month in Alaska on the Pearl and the Jewel. It would then be stopped and evaluated with the possibility of it being offered again starting around December.

The restaurants that were included were Cagney's, Chin Chin, Le Bistro, Mama's Italian, Moderno and Mongolian Hot Pot. We went to Cagney's six times and Le Bistro once.

You can go to any of the six listed restaurants as often as you wish. You can even go to multiple locations in a single evening if you wish. If you are in a suite, you can have your butler bring you items from any and all of the included restaurants.

As far as when it will be brought back, I think the crew just speculated because the final decision is made by corporate in Miami.

We thought it was a fabulous deal and loved every minute of it.

I hope to see this offered on our sailing of the Gem on November 25. I was planning to go to 2 restaurants but with deal I might spend a few extra bucks and try each restaurant once.

It seemed like they were really pushing this $79 offer. There was a full page black and white flyer in the suite waiting room, another in the freestyle daily and it was also printed in the day 1 freestyle daily.

I didn't take advantage of it since we wanted to eat at Teppanyaki (not included), the chefs table and dinner with an officer. Although it could still pay for itself if you only eat 4 times between Moderno, Le Bistro and Cagneys.

How do you know already?

I did a little snooping into my sailing next month and discovered a bundle package of dining ($59 for Cagney, Le Bistro and La Cucina). I found it in My NCL (under my vacation summary, onboard activities, dining) for just my upcoming voyage. None for the ones further in the future.

Frankly, I would rather pay $79 for 6 of my choice, than $59 for the three restaurants bundled. Hubby is into Cagney, but could care less about the other two, so no bundle purchase for us.

Archived