LMT Pre Black Friday Sale

MustSailNOW

Not sure if this has already been posted (my apologies it if has), but LMT is offering their membership for free with the code "preblackfriday". By signing up, you are able to see the discounted rate you would get by calling in (I confirmed this by comparing the hotel that I currently have booked by calling in with the price that is showing through the member login). You are also able to see all of hotels. Membership is free for a year.

Hope this helps someone! :)

Not sure if this has already been posted (my apologies it if has), but LMT is offering their membership for free with the code "preblackfriday". By signing up, you are able to see the discounted rate you would get by calling in (I confirmed this by comparing the hotel that I currently have booked by calling in with the price that is showing through the member login). You are also able to see all of hotels. Membership is free for a year.

Thank you I just joined LMT

Thanks -- I'm also thinking about joining, but am worried that if I forgot to cancel my membership at the end of the year, I'll be charged the $50 membership fee automatically. It sounds like you have to submit in writing at least 30 days prior to the free year's expriation to cancel -- and it can't be done by email. :confused:

Thanks -- I'm also thinking about joining, but am worried that if I forgot to cancel my membership at the end of the year, I'll be charged the $50 membership fee automatically. It sounds like you have to submit in writing at least 30 days prior to the free year's expriation to cancel -- and it can't be done by email. :confused:

They dont ask for any credit card information with the free membership deal, so there is no way they could automatically charge you anything.

LMT= Last Minute Travel; I had to look it up too.

MustSailNow, THANK YOU for this info; I signed up and hopefully will get our "request" offer for the Crowne Plaza in FLL next month. :)

I also tried for the "request" offer for the Crowne Plaza for next month and mine was denied. :(

They dont ask for any credit card information with the free membership deal, so there is no way they could automatically charge you anything.

Thanks -- I read the agreement which you have to accept before going to the next page, and didn't go any further. I checked it out further today and joined. :)

Thanks -- I read the agreement which you have to accept before going to the next page, and didn't go any further. I checked it out further today and joined. :)

Like you, Im leery of forgetting to cancel, so I probably wouldnt have joined if they asked for a credit card

I went to the website, but couldn't find any reason to join. Are there addition; benefits if you join?

They offer deeply discounted rooms, especially in high season.

With a membership you can see the names of the hotels and get an even lower rate...its basically the rate you get by calling the 800#..

LMT is nice for those that want to target a hotel, but not take a risk by booking/bidding with Priceline or Hotwire.

Lots of people like Intercontinental in Miami and it often shows up on LMT at amazing rates.

Something to think about...the only way that they could charge you for memebership after your first free year is if you book any travel with them. Then obviously you would have to provide a credit card for that reservation and then...bingo they your credit card to bill you for your second year!

Something to think about...the only way that they could charge you for memebership after your first free year is if you book any travel with them. Then obviously you would have to provide a credit card for that reservation and then...bingo they your credit card to bill you for your second year!

Good point -- I didn't think about that! And in order to join the "free membership" you had to agree to the contract, which had the rules for canceling. So, I'll have to either remember to cancel or not use the membership, so they don't have my credit card info. :confused: Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

Do you have to be a member to book a hotel?

No. Book hotels at lastminutetravel.com. Call the phone number given and they will discount a handful of dollars more.

When you join the club, you get even more off and earn points for bookings later. Not neccesary to join the club to get savings tho. Rates vary and will change from day to day in some cases. So if you spot something good, grab it. Best part is you CAN cancel if you do it more than 3 days pre stay. And if you see the rate lower on LMT, they will let you rebook at the lower rate. We use the site pretty often.

No. Book hotels at lastminutetravel.com. Call the phone number given and they will discount a handful of dollars more.

When you join the club, you get even more off and earn points for bookings later. Not neccesary to join the club to get savings tho. Rates vary and will change from day to day in some cases. So if you spot something good, grab it. Best part is you CAN cancel if you do it more than 3 days pre stay. And if you see the rate lower on LMT, they will let you rebook at the lower rate. We use the site pretty often.

Thank you for the Info, very helpful.

Good point -- I didn't think about that! And in order to join the "free membership" you had to agree to the contract, which had the rules for canceling. So, I'll have to either remember to cancel or not use the membership, so they don't have my credit card info. :confused: Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

Another option is to look at the site for the prices of the hotels and call in to book it. When I called in to book my hotel before joining, I wasn't asked if I had a membership. I don't know if they have a linking mechanism that searches for email addresses, though. I was planning on cancelling after we book our hotel for next October, so I'm not too concerned about not cancelling in enough time. I usually book things months in advance to get a good rate.

Best part is you CAN cancel if you do it more than 3 days pre stay. And if you see the rate lower on LMT, they will let you rebook at the lower rate. We use the site pretty often.

This is why we use the site often as well! I love the fact that the discounted rooms can be cancelled withouth penalty.

Archived