3 huge RCCL ships at FLL on Dec 8

I'll let you know....we fly in December 7th to board Oasis on the 8th!!!

See you onboard on the 8th! Although, we're not driving in...we're "sailing in." LOL. Arriving on Independence (short 3-night cruise) that morning, and walking over to Oasis...unless there's a shuttle of some type.

Peter

Now this is making me more worried about flying in and cruising on 12/8!! I always come in a day early but we just couldn't this time.

I really hope everything goes smoothly as this is my DH's first cruise and my 3rd. My 1st on RCCL Wish us luck!

Now this is making me more worried about flying in and cruising on 12/8!! I always come in a day early but we just couldn't this time.

I really hope everything goes smoothly as this is my DH's first cruise and my 3rd. My 1st on RCCL Wish us luck!

Welcome to CruiseCritic!

Hopefully you have a relatively early flight. That will help. You do choose correctly by going in the day early, but if you have to go in same day, FLL is probably the best port to do that.

Have a great time, take tons of pictures, then come back and give us a review! :D

Thanks Darkwolfe! Been a CC lurker for years now and used the advice of so many cruisers. I've cruised with my sister and close friend, both times were great. I really hope my husband enjoys it as much as I do, cause it's been like pulling teeth to get him on a plane, and now a plane and a ship!

Our flight leaves Denver at 7am if all goes well and arrives in FLL @ 12:45. doesn't leave too much room for error....

Thanks Darkwolfe! Been a CC lurker for years now and used the advice of so many cruisers. I've cruised with my sister and close friend, both times were great. I really hope my husband enjoys it as much as I do, cause it's been like pulling teeth to get him on a plane, and now a plane and a ship!

Our flight leaves Denver at 7am if all goes well and arrives in FLL @ 12:45. doesn't leave too much room for error....

The key to flying same day is to book an early flight and book non-stop. When planes make stops or you have to make connections your chances of something going wrong keep adding up. Airports are usually on time with getting early flights off. They sometimes back up as the day goes on.

The key to flying same day is to book an early flight and book non-stop. When planes make stops or you have to make connections your chances of something going wrong keep adding up. Airports are usually on time with getting early flights off. They sometimes back up as the day goes on.

Yes that's what I've been told by a co-worker about early flights. Thankfully ours is a non-stop on Frontier. As long as we don't have a snow storm or mechanical issues- we should arrive on time!

Oh how I wish I lived in America... I'd be watching those ships leave every weekend!

This is definitely a polar opposite to the Port of Adelaide Australia, with the occasional cruise ship or two visiting (not turning around). The largest ships to dock here are Queen Mary 2 and Voyager of the Seas, the latter only on the Friday of November 9! ;)

Looks like all the little ants coming home... It's incredible just to imagine the amount of $ that was spent on all those ships, the cruise fare and on board spending as well as the sheer # of passengers, crew and tractor trailers of food and supplies sitting there waiting to be loaded!

These ships need signal lights this morning... They're packing in like sardines!

ujere5y2.jpg

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

You guys are up way too early... But awesome pics so big thanks!!!

I will be watching sail away today:D

Andrew

DEFINITELY not my norm... I never see us pull into port while on a ship let alone from home but I had to play taxi driver in the wee hours so dad could go on vacation... thought I'd check it out ;)

DEFINITELY not my norm... I never see us pull into port while on a ship let alone from home but I had to play taxi driver in the wee hours so dad could go on vacation... thought I'd check it out ;)

Thanks for doing that. Do you live in FLL? Just wondering about where you took them and if there was public access. We want to watch an evening sailing departure in January prior to our next cruise and am looking for a bit of direction.

Andrew

Thanks for doing that. Do you live in FLL? Just wondering about where you took them and if there was public access. We want to watch an evening sailing departure in January prior to our next cruise and am looking for a bit of direction.

Andrew

Nope in Halifax, NS! Just happened to flip on the portevergladeswebcam.com at the right time.

If you go to the review Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1737751

he put in where to watch the ships from with maps etc a couple pages in... great information and an awesome review as a bonus ;)

Andrew

Public access at John U Lloyd Beach State Park, then drive all the way to the end. We were there when both

The Oasis and Allure first arrived at Port Everglades (along with a few thousand others).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We will be arriving back in port on the Indy that day. Will be escaping the mayhem early I hope to catch a 9 am flight back home!

Good luck with that - when we debarked from the Liberty the day the Oasis was also docked - it took us 90 minutes to get off the ship and thru customs. So plan on being one of the first one's off the ship so there is no lines. I guess there aren't enough agents to process everyone with that many ships in port.

Good luck with that - when we debarked from the Liberty the day the Oasis was also docked - it took us 90 minutes to get off the ship and thru customs. So plan on being one of the first one's off the ship so there is no lines. I guess there aren't enough agents to process everyone with that many ships in port.

Unfortunately, unless one has a weekday departure it is pretty much impossible to be in Port Everglades without having to share it with either Oasis or Allure. And I completely agree, a 9 AM flight is really pushing it.

We will be arriving back in port on the Indy that day. Will be escaping the mayhem early I hope to catch a 9 am flight back home!

No way would I book a flight that early unless you are using Terminal 18 which is used by the Oasis twins. The other terminals simply are not designed to debark passengers that quickly.

Archived