Vista Suite Pics - D736 on the Grand

john_galt

Thanks for sharing the pics! Can you tell me how loud the wake noise was? We have a caribe deck aft suite and would like to have a sense of what to expect for noise from the wake.

I find the wake sound to be soothing and comforting. Be open to it's soothing and comforting properties. I agree with John Galt's reference to a waterfall.

I also heartily agree that it is most conducive to restful sleeping:)

Bon voyage and pleasant dreams:)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the great pics. We have reserved this specific cabin and the one next to it D734. Do you know if the balconies connect? I remember reading somewhere that they do, but just wanted to check with someone with firsthand experience. Thanks!

Thanks for the great pics. We have reserved this specific cabin and the one next to it D734. Do you know if the balconies connect? I remember reading somewhere that they do, but just wanted to check with someone with firsthand experience. Thanks!

Yes they do. Just ask your steward to unlock the door in the divider when you meet him.

Mike:)

For a "beam" balcony that is a nice one. Our recent aft suite had a balcony so shallow that there was no toom between the end of the lounge chair and the glass of the rail.

We were on Ruby 3 weeks ago in an aft PH (A751) after having previously sailed in a Dolphin Vista suite on three different cruises. One difference in the PH we liked was it has two desks, one in the living area, one in the sleeping area. The balcony area was deeper on the PH but at times felt "cave like" to us and we missed being able to easily look out to the side of the ship and the beam did not bother us at all. If we book another suite in the future, we will probably go back to the Vista suite on Dolphin Deck (it's also a little less expensive:D )

We love the aft suites and the wake noise is ok but very loud when just the two of us are there but if you try to entertain, it is very hard to hear others. We have learned to speak very loudy. You can not hear what anyone in the cabin is saying and you also can not hear anyone at your door. All of a sudden, some crew is in your cabin - you learn not to nude sunbathe on the balcony and it is a must to put out the do not disturb card if you plan any fun activities out there:D

Archived