SouthFLCpl

Freedom of the Seas Features!!!

By now everyone has seen the teasers that RCCL is putting out regarding the Freedom. I have heard of the water park, the new jacuzzi's at the solarium, the flat screen's, etc. We were on Majesty of the Seas last week and I heard about some features that I hadn't heard of yet. A high ranking RCCL employee on the ship informed me that Freedom of the Seas will indeed have the bungee trampolines but more suprising was the fact that they will be having a bowling alley onboard as well. I had heard rumors of this but had read that it was not practicle due to the motion of the ship. I have been informed that it is definitely going to happen and they will have the bowling alley. Has anyone else heard any of this??? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

SouthFLCpl

When I was on Jewel of the Seas in September, the CD and the Asst CD also told us that there would be a bowling alley on Freedom. We didn't really beleive them because how is that possible, but they said thats what they were told. It's kind of going to be like the self level pool tables, same tech.

In a recent issue of one of the travel trade publications, Richard Fain stated that a bowling alley would not be part of the Freedom as the cost to add self leveling alley's was far too expensive, not to mention the logistics of adding such a feature.

Pool tables? That's what I want to know about, too! I'm hoping and hoping (as is my 18-year-old son) that Freedom might have the self-leveling pool tables!

Does anyone have any "inside" info on this?

Lynn

I don't get why those pool tables are not on more ships. Why does it just have to be the Radiance class ships.

I so agree, Eric! I think pool tables would be a great addition to the Freedom.

Lynn

Even my 10 year old is always asking to go on the ship with the pool tables - that's become one of his favorite features at certain hotels.

it looks like the adult pool is not indoor, that is a disapointment. but the other things looks cool.

The balcony has 47 sq ft can someone tell me about how big that is. How many chairs and a table I will be able to fit in it.

I just hope that with so many people on board...getting on and off the ship is not a problem. Especially since we have to tender at most ports...at lease that is what I was told.

I am sure the ship is going to be beautiful...with tons to do.

:)

Hi, Mercy,

I just got off the Navigator on the 21st and am going on the Freedom in June, 2006. We had to tender at Labadee and Grand Cayman anyway, which I'm sure will be the same next year. RCCL does a GREAT job with tendering. I have absolutely no complaints with time in either of the islands. I'm sure they'll compensate for the extra passengers and handle it beautifully, as they do most everything else.

As far as Cozumel, we did not have to tender with the Navigator, and the docks are long there. I have a feeling it will be the same with the Freedom, although I could be wrong.

I don't know about Montego Bay as we didn't go there this year.

Basically, I wouldn't worry about tendering. RCCL has BIG tenders that hold a couple of hundred people in each trip. And they keep it moving.

Have a great cruise!

Lynn

By now everyone has seen the teasers that RCCL is putting out regarding the Freedom. I have heard of the water park, the new jacuzzi's at the solarium, the flat screen's, etc. We were on Majesty of the Seas last week and I heard about some features that I hadn't heard of yet. A high ranking RCCL employee on the ship informed me that Freedom of the Seas will indeed have the bungee trampolines but more suprising was the fact that they will be having a bowling alley onboard as well. I had heard rumors of this but had read that it was not practicle due to the motion of the ship. I have been informed that it is definitely going to happen and they will have the bowling alley. Has anyone else heard any of this??? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

SouthFLCpl

How did you like the Majesty? We'll be crusing on her for New Year's Eve. Does she look old and tired? How did you enjoy your cruise? We are booked on Freedom of the Seas for April 2007. Bowling alley!!! :rolleyes:

So far no pictures, however I did call for a quote. It took some time since the CSR insisted that it only held 9 people. I had to walk her through their website to show her that it did indeed hold up to 14. It is pretty much sold out, the date she gave me was April 8, 2007, for 14 it would be $33,825.00.

###

To reply to the question about the size of the balcony: figure a room 6' by 8', and that's the approximate size. I'd say about the size of a roomy walk-in closet.

So far no pictures, however I did call for a quote. It took some time since the CSR insisted that it only held 9 people. I had to walk her through their website to show her that it did indeed hold up to 14. It is pretty much sold out, the date she gave me was April 8, 2007, for 14 it would be $33,825.00.

###

$33,825 sounds like a lot but if you get 14 friends its not as much. If everyone pays their own way $33,820 divided by 14 is approximately $2,417. That price seems rather feasible to me. Now I just have to find 13 other people that feel the same.

I just hope that with so many people on board...getting on and off the ship is not a problem. Especially since we have to tender at most ports...at lease that is what I was told.

I am sure the ship is going to be beautiful...with tons to do.

:)

Tendering is only required at Labadee and Grand Cayman and in both locations the tenders used carry a large number of passengers and run almost constantly while you are there. It can be a bit of a wait if you are one of the first folks on the tender, until it fills up and heads to shore, but it is still not too serious a problem. We were just on a Mariner cruise which was at capacity and crowds and long lines were not a problem. Now in Grand Cayman, with five large capacity ships in port, there were big crowds in downtown Georgetown, which made it difficult to get around.

Are there any current pictures or deck plans anywhere?

There are some pics available....Just click on my Photo Page below

Radio

;) ;)

How did you like the Majesty? We'll be crusing on her for New Year's Eve. Does she look old and tired? How did you enjoy your cruise? We are booked on Freedom of the Seas for April 2007. Bowling alley!!! :rolleyes:

We enjoyed the Majesty very much! After being on the Voyager and the Navigator I was afraid that I would be disappointed but on the contrary I was very pleased. We found the RCCL singers and dancers to be the best we have seen so far. The food on the Voyager class may be just a hint better but it wasn't that noticable. The service was excellent. Everything we have come to expect from RCCL. We are sailing on Freedom next July. We will give you a good review so that you have something to look forward to. And yes, a high ranking person onboard Majesty did mention a bowling alley for sure!!!

SouthFLCpl

I don't know if freedom will have self-leveling bowling alleys, but I do know they are available from the same company that makes their self-leveling pool tables.

Here is the link to the company's web site http://www.stable.no/bowling.html

I see this is proof that there will be a bowling alley on the Freedom of the Seas. Why would a company develop a technology if there was no one to use it?

The only reason I am leaning to not believing that there will be a bowling alley is that I can't figure out where they would put it. I would think with the noise that they would want it as low as possible in the ship. I was guessing that it would be on deck 2 near the ice skating rink, but the deck plans are out for deck 2. Do you think they may put it in the sports bar on the Promanade?

Just because it has been develped doesn't mean RCL will use it. But why should they let Carnival or NCL beat them to bowling at sea? My biggest worry is that their will be very long waits to use the lanes.

A high ranking RCCL employee on the ship informed me that Freedom of the Seas will indeed have the bungee trampolines but more suprising was the fact that they will be having a bowling alley onboard as well. I had heard rumors of this but had read that it was not practicle due to the motion of the ship.

I HAVE to bowl on this ship! YAY! I might break 50 if I bowl there :D

The only reason I am leaning to not believing that there will be a bowling alley is that I can't figure out where they would put it. I would think with the noise that they would want it as low as possible in the ship. I was guessing that it would be on deck 2 near the ice skating rink, but the deck plans are out for deck 2. Do you think they may put it in the sports bar on the Promanade?

The way they have the disco set up on RCI Voy. class ships, I guess they can pretty much do away with the noise. Despite the self levelling nature of the lane(s), I still think they would be placed amidships and a lower deck.

I agree wih another poster, that it appears the product is there, I think we'll see it on Freedom, most likely. If not Freedom, one of her sisters.

WOW! thats a lotta cruises! :D

Hi Bridgeport Ct.

I'm from East Haven, Ct. What do you think of the Princess Line?

We were on the VOS June 3-12th cruise. We like RCCL., but in two yrs. my sister-in-law is in charge of the next cruise. Looking at Princess Line, but maybe the 10 night cruise from Boston on RCCL. Info would be great, thanks

Bogi

We have sailed on both lines and I believe you will find a lot more similarities between them than differences (you really have to eliminate the Voyager Class ships from any comparison, because they are unique). Compare itineraries, prices, and the individual ships when you are making your decision. While we prefer RCI over Princess, I can imagine situations where we might choose to sail on a particular Princess ship or itinerary over what was available from RCI at the same time. Try to treat each cruise as an individual experience and avoid constantly making comparisons, and you should have a wonderful time.

Check out this site of plans for a ship like RCI's Freedom of the Seas The individual who drew them up includes a bowling alley. Site is quite interesting and may actually be close to what might be coming on the Freedom.

Cruising on the Freedom Oct.29,06. I'm booked in a Promenade deck cabin.

Can't get here soon enough!!!!!!!

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/paradise/plans/plans.html

is there any words in the pool are they going to be salt or fresh water?iwas just thinking since there is a splash zone isnt that hurt the eyes?

Hello!! I have been on all RCCL Voyager class ships and have never had a long wait to leave or return to the ship. This includes ports that require tendering. Rumor has it that Cozumel will be able to dock Freedom of the Seas but I can't varify this. I'll find out in August. RCCL site states tendering to Cozumel. Have sailed QM2 and QE2 and RCCL beats them all. Conde Nast Traveler magazine rates RCCL above Cunard!!! Happy cruising!!! P.S. I think tendering is fun anyway!! More boats to experience!!

I think a bowling alley that was not self leveling would be a blast. Bowling purests would hate it but trying to account for ship movement could be fun and I'm sure kids would love it.

Hi Everyone !

I feel a bowling alley would be a great idea. I know that Norwegian's new ship, Norwegian Pearl, will have 4 bowling lanes on her.

I had heard Freedom would have it as well, but about a year ago, I heard it was not happening. Did they find a way to make it happen after all ?

If not Freedom, perhaps Liberty, or the next Class of ship will have it. I think it is only a matter of time.