Freedom of the Seas Features!!!

By now everyone has seen the teasers that RCCL is putting out regarding the Freedom. I have heard of the water park, the new jacuzzi's at the solarium, the flat screen's, etc. We were on Majesty of the Seas last week and I heard about some features that I hadn't heard of yet. A high ranking RCCL employee on the ship informed me that Freedom of the Seas will indeed have the bungee trampolines but more suprising was the fact that they will be having a bowling alley onboard as well. I had heard rumors of this but had read that it was not practicle due to the motion of the ship. I have been informed that it is definitely going to happen and they will have the bowling alley. Has anyone else heard any of this??? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

SouthFLCpl

When I was on Jewel of the Seas in September, the CD and the Asst CD also told us that there would be a bowling alley on Freedom. We didn't really beleive them because how is that possible, but they said thats what they were told. It's kind of going to be like the self level pool tables, same tech.

In a recent issue of one of the travel trade publications, Richard Fain stated that a bowling alley would not be part of the Freedom as the cost to add self leveling alley's was far too expensive, not to mention the logistics of adding such a feature.

Pool tables? That's what I want to know about, too! I'm hoping and hoping (as is my 18-year-old son) that Freedom might have the self-leveling pool tables!

Does anyone have any "inside" info on this?

Lynn

it looks like the adult pool is not indoor, that is a disapointment. but the other things looks cool.

The balcony has 47 sq ft can someone tell me about how big that is. How many chairs and a table I will be able to fit in it.

I just hope that with so many people on board...getting on and off the ship is not a problem. Especially since we have to tender at most ports...at lease that is what I was told.

I am sure the ship is going to be beautiful...with tons to do.

:)

Hi, Mercy,

I just got off the Navigator on the 21st and am going on the Freedom in June, 2006. We had to tender at Labadee and Grand Cayman anyway, which I'm sure will be the same next year. RCCL does a GREAT job with tendering. I have absolutely no complaints with time in either of the islands. I'm sure they'll compensate for the extra passengers and handle it beautifully, as they do most everything else.

As far as Cozumel, we did not have to tender with the Navigator, and the docks are long there. I have a feeling it will be the same with the Freedom, although I could be wrong.

I don't know about Montego Bay as we didn't go there this year.

Basically, I wouldn't worry about tendering. RCCL has BIG tenders that hold a couple of hundred people in each trip. And they keep it moving.

Have a great cruise!

Lynn

By now everyone has seen the teasers that RCCL is putting out regarding the Freedom. I have heard of the water park, the new jacuzzi's at the solarium, the flat screen's, etc. We were on Majesty of the Seas last week and I heard about some features that I hadn't heard of yet. A high ranking RCCL employee on the ship informed me that Freedom of the Seas will indeed have the bungee trampolines but more suprising was the fact that they will be having a bowling alley onboard as well. I had heard rumors of this but had read that it was not practicle due to the motion of the ship. I have been informed that it is definitely going to happen and they will have the bowling alley. Has anyone else heard any of this??? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

SouthFLCpl

How did you like the Majesty? We'll be crusing on her for New Year's Eve. Does she look old and tired? How did you enjoy your cruise? We are booked on Freedom of the Seas for April 2007. Bowling alley!!! :rolleyes:

So far no pictures, however I did call for a quote. It took some time since the CSR insisted that it only held 9 people. I had to walk her through their website to show her that it did indeed hold up to 14. It is pretty much sold out, the date she gave me was April 8, 2007, for 14 it would be $33,825.00.

###

So far no pictures, however I did call for a quote. It took some time since the CSR insisted that it only held 9 people. I had to walk her through their website to show her that it did indeed hold up to 14. It is pretty much sold out, the date she gave me was April 8, 2007, for 14 it would be $33,825.00.

###

$33,825 sounds like a lot but if you get 14 friends its not as much. If everyone pays their own way $33,820 divided by 14 is approximately $2,417. That price seems rather feasible to me. Now I just have to find 13 other people that feel the same.

I just hope that with so many people on board...getting on and off the ship is not a problem. Especially since we have to tender at most ports...at lease that is what I was told.

I am sure the ship is going to be beautiful...with tons to do.

:)

Tendering is only required at Labadee and Grand Cayman and in both locations the tenders used carry a large number of passengers and run almost constantly while you are there. It can be a bit of a wait if you are one of the first folks on the tender, until it fills up and heads to shore, but it is still not too serious a problem. We were just on a Mariner cruise which was at capacity and crowds and long lines were not a problem. Now in Grand Cayman, with five large capacity ships in port, there were big crowds in downtown Georgetown, which made it difficult to get around.

How did you like the Majesty? We'll be crusing on her for New Year's Eve. Does she look old and tired? How did you enjoy your cruise? We are booked on Freedom of the Seas for April 2007. Bowling alley!!! :rolleyes:

We enjoyed the Majesty very much! After being on the Voyager and the Navigator I was afraid that I would be disappointed but on the contrary I was very pleased. We found the RCCL singers and dancers to be the best we have seen so far. The food on the Voyager class may be just a hint better but it wasn't that noticable. The service was excellent. Everything we have come to expect from RCCL. We are sailing on Freedom next July. We will give you a good review so that you have something to look forward to. And yes, a high ranking person onboard Majesty did mention a bowling alley for sure!!!

SouthFLCpl

Archived