Grand Suite and Concierge

Does the Concierge email Grand Suite passengers prior to cruise?

Our friends stayed in an Owners Suite and received a letter or email prior to their sailing. Just wondering... we will be in a Grand Suite for the first time next week. Thanks for any information on this.

We received a very nice email.

Although I couldn't imagine what we could possibly need before we boarded. It was our 21 year anniversary....but we made reservations for a speciality restaurant to celebrate it once on board.

I'm sure there are things that can be requested prior to boarding--I just can't think of anything off hand.

Enjoy.

3 cruises in a GS and never received an email initiated by the concierge. A week before our last cruise on EX a couple of weeks ago, I emailed Mario about a cabana in Labadee and he answered me immediately. I'm not sure why some do and some don't, but some consistency would be nice.

Our friends stayed in an Owners Suite and received a letter or email prior to their sailing. Just wondering... we will be in a Grand Suite for the first time next week. Thanks for any information on this.

we received an email on both occasions about 4 days prior to boarding, it is a generated email xx

Thanks for all of the replies. We sail on Indy this Wednesday and I have not received an email from the Concierge. Not a big deal. We are going to totally relax on this very short trip and celebrate our 16 year anniversary.

Actually, I upgraded to the Grand Suite as a suprise for hubby. I am wondering at what point during check-in he figures it out. I whited-out the suite information on set sail pass and made a copy so he would not see it. I guess when they issue the gold seapasses to us will be the first clue, but I am really hoping to make it to the room and open the door before he finally realizes that we have a Grand Suite:D

they are not required to. some will, some won't

we did get one from Reyno on EN for our last cruise, and I expect another one from him in the next week or so for our 22 Dec cruise. IIRC it came the week before embarkation.

Thanks for all of the replies. We sail on Indy this Wednesday and I have not received an email from the Concierge. Not a big deal. We are going to totally relax on this very short trip and celebrate our 16 year anniversary.

Actually, I upgraded to the Grand Suite as a suprise for hubby. I am wondering at what point during check-in he figures it out. I whited-out the suite information on set sail pass and made a copy so he would not see it. I guess when they issue the gold seapasses to us will be the first clue, but I am really hoping to make it to the room and open the door before he finally realizes that we have a Grand Suite:D

This sounds like a wonderful surprise! Hope you both enjoy your suite and celebrating your Anniversary. Happy 16th!

Congrats on your upcoming anniversary. You will enjoy being in a Grand Suite. We have had one for both of our past RC cruises and are forever spoiled. :p

We have never received an email. It's not a big deal. But as someone said some consistency would be nice

Happy sailing everyone. It's a great way to see the world and relax at the same time. :D

We have only received one email before cruising and it was when we were staying in a Royal Family Suite. We had stayed in a Grand Suite on the same ship two years before, but no email. We have another Grand Suite booked on the Brilliance in March and will see if we hear from the Concierge or not. I'm not sure what I could p[possibly need before the cruise, but it's a nice touch.

Archived