Faster to the Fun?

Cruzin_Susan

FTTF is a good concept but some of the perks should be part of the suite package.

No it isn't. FTTF is a "pay to break in line in front of others" program. In most places, line breaking is cause for ejection. On Carnival, line breaking is a cause for more Carnival profits, at the expense of their other customers. FTTF is a bad program.

No it isn't. FTTF is a "pay to break in line in front of others" program. In most places, line breaking is cause for ejection. On Carnival, line breaking is a cause for more Carnival profits, at the expense of their other customers. FTTF is a bad program.

I for the life of me, can not understand your logic. If you pay for 1st class seats on a plane, you get on first...if you pay for early entrance to Disney...yep, you get to go in first.....YOU ARE PAYING FOR THIS!!! No one is jumping in front of anyone, they have paid for an extra service that they feel will make their cruise enjoyable.....and the only people who seem to have a problem with this, is those who seem to have a problem with other small petty things.....and YES I did pay for FTTF on my upcoming cruise, and no I won't jump in front of any handicap person, bridal party, VIP's to get on the ship....I will listen to instructions and get on board when I am told that the FTTF passengers are ready to board!!!!!!!

FTTF is a good concept but some of the perks should be part of the suite package. Other lines give suite guest certain perks wish carnival would :(
F2tF is a money grab by Carnival, that's all. If it increases the bottom line, then I'm good with it.

If you want suite perks, cruise somewhere else.

These are the things that I equate with FTTF. I don't have a problem with any of them.

+ Someone upgrades from coach to FC at the gate cheap and sits next to my full price seat.

+ They buy a show lovers pass at an amusement park and get to sit in front of me in "the good seats"

+ Im in line for a rollercoaster and a few people get the short line because they forked over $20 extra pp to get on the short line.

+ The guy next to me in the airport shuttle paid for early check in at our hotel. I have to go shopping for a while and wait for my room to be ready.

It doesnt matter that I have the most FF miles or the season pass to the amusement park or that I own stock in the hotel. If someone pays for an upgrade then they are entitled to it and Im not about to get bent out of shape.

For the record, I bought FTTF for my upcoming family cruise. I am not brand loyal and don't plan on achieving "status" with any line. As I see it, my money purchased :

"Early check-in"

"The short line"

"Tender lovers passes"

LOL....completely disagree with your interpretation of FTTF...but we are all entitled to our own opinions. This type of pay incentive program is EVERYWHERE...airlines, amusement parks, etc. It's a great business decision in my opinion. :)

These are the things that I equate with FTTF. I don't have a problem with any of them.

+ Someone upgrades from coach to FC at the gate cheap and sits next to my full price seat.

+ They buy a show lovers pass at an amusement park and get to sit in front of me in "the good seats"

+ Im in line for a rollercoaster and a few people get the short line because they forked over $20 extra pp to get on the short line.

+ The guy next to me in the airport shuttle paid for early check in at our hotel. I have to go shopping for a while and wait for my room to be ready.

It doesnt matter that I have the most FF miles or the season pass to the amusement park or that I own stock in the hotel. If someone pays for an upgrade then they are entitled to it and Im not about to get bent out of shape.

For the record, I bought FTTF for my upcoming family cruise. I am not brand loyal and don't plan on achieving "status" with any line. As I see it, my money purchased :

"Early check-in"

"The short line"

"Tender lovers passes"

Calling it "Paying for an upgrade" is a misplaced rationalization. Getting a better cabin than someone else, for example, is an upgrade that causes no effect on others. Conversely, FTTF facilitates line breaking in front of others, and that affects others, making them wait longer. Its not that hard to understand the difference.

All the ones who support it here are the ones who buy it, and benefit from it at the expense of all of Carnivals other customers.

Edited by gfh77665

You really seem to have a problem with this whole concept, and for the life of me I can NOT understand why. People can pay to get to the front of the line for MANY, MANY things. Universal Studios allows people to pay extra to skip the lines for rides. At Disney, you can "cut in line" for free if you are smart and use the fastpasses. Many concerts and events at nightclubs have VIP tickets which allow you to walk right in and not wait in line. We're members of a club in New Orleans and have VIP access which allows us to bypass the lines any time we go - we get ugly looks sometimes, but we paid dearly for it, we WILL use it. Hell, if you make a reservation at a restaurant, you get to "cut in line" in front of the people who didn't make a reservation and have been waiting half an hour for a table. I'm just not understanding why this is such a bone of contention for you...

You really seem to have a problem with this whole concept, and for the life of me I can NOT understand why.................................. I'm just not understanding why this is such a bone of contention for you...

Easy. He is probably a platimum and doesnt like his perks being sold to others.

Easy. He is probably a platimum and doesnt like his perks being sold to others.

We're Platinum as well. I would LOVE if the ships we normally sail had FTTF, because then we'd also get the perk of having our cabin ready when we board.

So then technically with this logic, you are paying to break into the ship when you book your cruise because some people can't afford to even take a cruise. What about those people?

I got this for our Dec sailing 2013 and only 9 of these left that far out. Our main reason is we will be on a red eye and fly in that morning. I want my luggage & early boarding so we can shower and get the airline yuck off me and get out to enjoy the afternoon! :)

Calling it "Paying for an upgrade" is a misplaced rationalization. Getting a better cabin than someone else, for example, is an upgrade that causes no effect on others. Conversely, FTTF facilitates line breaking in front of others, and that affects others, making them wait longer. Its not that hard to understand the difference.

All the ones who support it here are the ones who buy it, and benefit from it at the expense of all of Carnivals other customers.

I support it , i bought it and I will enjoy it. If this bugs you that much, you really might want to try out another cruise line. This program is a hit and I don't see it going away.

I didn't mention a thing about buying a more expensive cabin so I'll ignore your criticism of my "rationalization". It doesnt surprise me, but you conveniently ignored the points that I did make. For what its worth, I've seen several platinum cruisers state that they have no issues with the program and even a couple who see benefits, but don't take my statement as a justification for your freak out.

...Conversely, FTTF facilitates line breaking in front of others, and that affects others, making them wait longer. Its not that hard to understand the difference.

Carnival does facilitate "line breaking" as you call it. But they do it just the same as they do for the platinum and diamond cruisers. To use your words, they are breaking the line ahead of everyone else, AND get their own waiting area. This affects others, making any non-platinum or Diamond person wait longer.

So do you want to remove all priority boarding and have it be First Come, First on the Boat, or just any priority boarding that doesn't help you?

I got this for our Dec sailing 2013 and only 9 of these left that far out. Our main reason is we will be on a red eye and fly in that morning. I want my luggage & early boarding so we can shower and get the airline hyuc k off me apnd ge5 out to enjoy the afternoon! :)
p

they only release 15 at a time. and you still gotta wait til the ship starts boarding

Well just searched FTTP and found some information regarding this and I went ahead and purchased it. I will post my thoughts of it when I return. :D

So far the Splendor doesn't have it on our cruise, I thought I read something that in March pretty much all the ships would be offering it! Anyone hear anything about that? And where can you find the info?

My sailing on the Dream showed Sold Out for weeks, then yesterday day it showed one available. I snapped it up and then it showed "Sold Out" until late today and showed it open again. I'm not sure what that means, but I was able to purchase 2 of them. One for my cabin and one for my sisters. We are so looking forward to it.

FTTF cruisers don't "break in line." We're in our own line. :D

You dont have to wait. I bought my 3 FTTF about a week after we put deposits down for our Jan 2014 sailing.

Thanks. I was going to ask the same question. I'm booking a November cruise on Triumph next weekend and want to book FTTF as soon as I can.

Edited by Rudyard

• 3 weeks later...