Faster to the Fun?

Cruzin_Susan

FTTF on Glory shared the same lounge. it did not impact me at all.

we are platinum, arrived between 1:00 and 1:30 from the time the shuttle'dropped us off til the time we walked'on the ship to ding our card it took less then 20 minutes.

We got it for our past Liberty cruise in January out of Miami and the only drawback was....at check in...they only had 2 agents there were assigned to the FTTF people in line. We didn't understand how other were moving faster than us..until it was explained to us...we were told only the 2 agents had the list of FTTF people and could check all of us in.

Our entire wait time was about 15 minutes in line before we were called to the check in counter....our check in was not as IMMEDIATE as others have posted....but we would purchase it again in a heartbeat.

We just returned from B2B cruises on Glory and Imagination. We had FTTF on both cruises. It was well worth it. On Glory the time from leaving the taxi to being in our cabin was 25 minutes with luggage showing up about a half hour later.

On Imagination it was even less. Fifteen minutes from taxi to cabin and about five minutes later there was a knock at the door and it was a crew member with our luggage. We were unpacked by 12:15. :)

The next cruise will put us at Platinum status so we won't buy it again but it was well worth it.

BTW: For those who think that people are "cutting in line". They are not. There is a special line for Platinum, Diamond and FTTF. If you want to be first then take more cruises or buy the package. :rolleyes:

Take care,

Mike

Edited by MMastell

FYI , these at now available on the breeze. I just bought them for my December cruise. My mother has mobility issues, so I'm treating her as a surprise.

Love the idea of being able to expedite a loved one's embarkation. I've watched my mother suffer in lines of all sorts for the past ten years. She is not a "suite" person... has a fixed income, but she has been booking suites lately for the VIP walkon... (she cruises on her own a lot:-) so I think it's a very welcome addition to CCL's offerings.

Saw that John Heald just posted that FTTF will be available on Legend starting February 10. I am sailing in May.

Does that mean that I need to wait until Feb. 10 to be able to book it? Or just that it will be available for sailings past Feb 10 and you can purchase now? I do not see it on a list of shore excursions right now, but I wasn't sure if maybe I was looking in the wrong place. Sounds like a great deal!

We just purchased FTTF for our cruise in May. It's our first, so we won't have anything to compare it to. The big draw for us is, of course, to get on our first cruise ship ASAP and be able to explore a near-empty ship and enjoy a few extra hours of vacation.

Edited by BeachBabyTN
Spelling error

I would like to purchase FTTF for our upcoming cruise this month. I am trying to figure out if it will help get us off the wait list for 1st seating at dinner. It says priority seating for dining - anyone know what that means?

Priority Seating for Dining means this: If you have not been confirmed for a specific dining time (Early, Late, or ATD) your request will be prioritized ahead of any other pax who has not purchased F2F. It is NOT a guarantee that your request will be honored, it is just a consideration before pax that are not Diamond, Platinum, or F2F. It also applies to steakhouse reservations if your ship has a steakhouse. if you can not get confirmed reservations, your request will be prioritized ahead of pax who have not purchased F2F.

We just got off the Valor and we used FTTF. If it had just been me and my husband we wouldn't have purchased the program. The group we traveled with were platinum and we aren't yet. We didn't want the group to constantly be waiting on us. Never once did we "get ahead" of the platinums and diamonds. We just went before the people who didn't purchase FTTF.

We didn't sit in the VIP waiting area or use the "platinum or diamond" check in line. There was a small line for us in Miami with 2 agents. We were then told to wait with everyone else in the waiting area. Our group checked in at their special counter and waited in the VIP area.

We still waited in line for dinner (YTD) but so did our platinum friends. We got luggage tags #24 and there was nothing in our stateroom to direct us to any kind of debarkation priority line. When I asked guest services about FTTF debarkation I was told that we would get information in our cabin. It never came.

I wouldn't buy it again unless we were with the same group and we haven't made it to platinum. The perk I enjoyed was being able to put my carry on in the cabin instead of having to carry it with me to the Lido and put it beside my deck chair.

As long as they keep it limited to a very small number it may have value added for some. For us, in this case it was worth it.

Legend 2/24. our luggage tags have fttf on them

the luggage tags are so you can get your luggage early. Make sure you point it out to the porter as that luggage goes somewhere else.

your Platinum card will get you to your cabin early.

Saw that John Heald just posted that FTTF will be available on Legend starting February 10. I am sailing in May.

Does that mean that I need to wait until Feb. 10 to be able to book it? Or just that it will be available for sailings past Feb 10 and you can purchase now? I do not see it on a list of shore excursions right now, but I wasn't sure if maybe I was looking in the wrong place. Sounds like a great deal!

I am on the Legend for the Feb 10 sailing... we were able to purchase FTTF about 5 or 6 days ago. Check the excursions for your home port/day of embarkation. It still comes up for us, but says "Sold Out" now.

Edited by whatthefug

Can you tell me when you could book FTTF? I'm going June 22 and it say's it is sold out.

they only sell 30 per sailing. and give it out in 2 15 cabin increments.

if its sold out-- it may only be the first 15 so you want to watch every day.

if'it is offered you will see fort lauderdale'listed twice.

once on the top and once on the bottom.

even if its sold'out it will be listed on the top fort lauderdale excursion.- not the bottom one.

the bottom fort lauder dale is for coming home..people who have late flights

We purchased the faster to fun for our trip on the Glory on Jan. 27th 2013. It is well worth the money. We got to port around 10 30 and entered the building and went right up to check in. We were on the boat by 11 30 and eating on the lido by 11 40. Our room was ready. Luggage was late but it didn't bother us. It also provided us with direct service for Guest services. On debarkment, we were the first ones off after self debarkment. It was well worth the $49. I will do it on all my future cruises.;);)

How much longer do you think you would have waited without the FTTF with arriving that early?

FTTF really will pay off if you arrive later in the day.

We arrived between 1- 1:30 and it took less then 20 minutes from the time we arrived til the time we dinged our card.